I don't know how to win the Gran turismo world championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter AKFox
  • 5 comments
  • 896 views
Messages
39
Messages
AKFox111
I know there might be a thread before this but I'm just having trouble with one event. I went in with a fully tuned RM corvette ZR1 and I still couldn't win. I'm not a bad driver it's just I really dont know what car i should use for it.
 
I know there might be a thread before this but I'm just having trouble with one event. I went in with a fully tuned RM corvette ZR1 and I still couldn't win. I'm not a bad driver it's just I really dont know what car i should use for it.

You can win it with that Corvette, but you need to drive very consistently, and turn off the assists by the way to make it faster (bar the abs to 1).

If you can grab any LeMans proto, you'll smoke them away.
 
You can win it with that Corvette, but you need to drive very consistently, and turn off the assists by the way to make it faster (bar the abs to 1).

If you can grab any LeMans proto, you'll smoke them away.

Yeah, the problem was I was too slow in the corners (or i end up in the wall) so any progress I make with the massive accel was lost quickly. I think I might need to switch out my tires and like.. test some tuning. I'm not good with tuning.
 
Just use a ridiculously fast car. Lol. You can save up and buy a really really fast car.

Also here are some tips for tuning. Not sure they are true but they seem to have worked for me.

*more body roll = less grip

So if you raise your ride height higher in the rear the center of gravity is higher. So the rear will probably get loose. Same with Spring tension or spring rate or whatever. The stiffer the suspension the more grip. Because there is less body roll.

*Braking

If you want your car loose then set the braking towards the rear of the car. This happens because the rear tires do more braking so there is less grip for side to side movement. Remember that your tires only have 100% grip and if 90% is used for braking there is only 10% for cornering. Same thing for tight braking characteristics but opposite.

*downforce.

It is relatively obvious but the more downforce the more grip you get at higher speeds.

Remember that your car can only grip the road if you have good tires so make sure you have racing soft tires.

This is what I go by when I tune my car. You can just try it out in practice. Good luck. :D
 
Minolta or Furai should win. Any sort of race car really.
 
its your tune up.... do you need help tuning the vett? if your running on the default settings, your wrong...
 
Back