Hey guys.
So, I've been playing GT5 since the end of January. It always ran perfectly. Until I installed update 1.06.
Now before I start, I have a small issue. I have Internet in my room, but my PS3 is on the living room. So if I want to race online or do some update, I need to bring my PS3 and TV to my room. No I don't have wifi and have no money to buy another TV or a wireless router.
So, I was trying to do the Schwarzwald League B event. I had done the 1st race, but still had to do the Nurburgring.
I enter the race and literally 20 seconds after it starts, the game freezes. I got kinda scared it would corrupt my data, but restarted the system and everything was alright.
So I tried again. Guess what, it froze again. Every single time I tried, the game froze.
Then I thought it must be some car that's glitching up the race, either mine or the AI's. Refreshed the opponents and my car, and tried again.
This time, success! I managed to finish the race. But, I wanted to see my replay. Bad move, the game froze.
I've read that custom soundtrack can make the game freeze, but I have it disabled, only the original soundtrack is playing.
Getting a bit pissed off about all this, I try to do another race. I thought of the AMG Special event, just to test if the problem was really the track.
Nothing. I managed to gold every race of the beginner event with no problem.
I tried also doing a test lap in Nurb, no problem at all.
This was getting a bit strange. I tried to do some random B-spec event, it froze. I started noticing that every "normal" race event and replay (except the shortest ones) made my game freeze.
Then came along update 1.07. Quickly, I logged in to do the update and decided to do some Seasonal events, to see if it was working.
Bliss! I played for more than 2 hours, no freezes whatsoever!
Next day, feeling confident, I tried the Nurb again. This time I wasn't connected to the internet. Guess what, freeze!
I tried more tracks with several cars and as long it was A or B-spec, it froze.
Now, what I've done so far:
- Clear the game's network cache
- Reinstalled all of the game content
- Tried to play with a backup save
- Disabled custom soundtracks
Also, the freezes are always midrace, never had any problems in menus or loading screens.
Nothing helps. The only way way it doesn't freeze is if I'm connected to PSN.
I have other PS3 games and they don't freeze like this! Maybe 1 or 2 occasional freezes, but nothing like GT5!
Also, my PS3 is well ventilated, no tight spaces or anything.
The game disc doesn't have 1 single scratch.
What can I do??
So, I've been playing GT5 since the end of January. It always ran perfectly. Until I installed update 1.06.
Now before I start, I have a small issue. I have Internet in my room, but my PS3 is on the living room. So if I want to race online or do some update, I need to bring my PS3 and TV to my room. No I don't have wifi and have no money to buy another TV or a wireless router.
So, I was trying to do the Schwarzwald League B event. I had done the 1st race, but still had to do the Nurburgring.
I enter the race and literally 20 seconds after it starts, the game freezes. I got kinda scared it would corrupt my data, but restarted the system and everything was alright.
So I tried again. Guess what, it froze again. Every single time I tried, the game froze.
Then I thought it must be some car that's glitching up the race, either mine or the AI's. Refreshed the opponents and my car, and tried again.
This time, success! I managed to finish the race. But, I wanted to see my replay. Bad move, the game froze.
I've read that custom soundtrack can make the game freeze, but I have it disabled, only the original soundtrack is playing.
Getting a bit pissed off about all this, I try to do another race. I thought of the AMG Special event, just to test if the problem was really the track.
Nothing. I managed to gold every race of the beginner event with no problem.
I tried also doing a test lap in Nurb, no problem at all.
This was getting a bit strange. I tried to do some random B-spec event, it froze. I started noticing that every "normal" race event and replay (except the shortest ones) made my game freeze.
Then came along update 1.07. Quickly, I logged in to do the update and decided to do some Seasonal events, to see if it was working.
Bliss! I played for more than 2 hours, no freezes whatsoever!
Next day, feeling confident, I tried the Nurb again. This time I wasn't connected to the internet. Guess what, freeze!
I tried more tracks with several cars and as long it was A or B-spec, it froze.
Now, what I've done so far:
- Clear the game's network cache
- Reinstalled all of the game content
- Tried to play with a backup save
- Disabled custom soundtracks
Also, the freezes are always midrace, never had any problems in menus or loading screens.
Nothing helps. The only way way it doesn't freeze is if I'm connected to PSN.
I have other PS3 games and they don't freeze like this! Maybe 1 or 2 occasional freezes, but nothing like GT5!
Also, my PS3 is well ventilated, no tight spaces or anything.
The game disc doesn't have 1 single scratch.
What can I do??