I dont understand LSDs

• Thread starter mark wolf
  • 1 comments
Hi, I have been trying to understand diffs in the context of reality and gran turismo and Im getting confused.

I have some questions:

The diff in a normal road car and a race car differs. I understand the technical difference, but how do they differ in feel when cornering?

When you add a customisable diff in gran turismo which settings would simulate a normal road car diff and which settings would simulate a race diff?

When people say lsd, are they refering to one kind of diff? Is there more than one type of lsd in sports road cars or race cars? Can you have one that slips more than another? How are these different diffs represented in gran turismo with the three settings?

What settings in gran turismo would represent a locked diff?

What settings in gran turismo would represent a viscous diff?

What is a common setting for a diff for drifters in gran turismo?

Whats the raciest diff setting in gran turismo?

Do you vary the diff setting much for a car with more down force or a different drivertain/engine/weight placement or are the tuning rules pretty consistent?

Why do gran turismo tuners usually have their diff settings quite low, almost minimum, in their setups? This makes the car quite twitchy under trail braking and acceleration when cornering.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back