I don't understand the Endurance races.

  • Thread starter Thread starter BKViper
  • 14 comments
  • 2,853 views
Messages
845
Messages
bkviper
Specifically, I don't understand why the rewards are so paltry compared to other, much shorter, races.
I run a 20 minute race around Indy in B-Spec and get 54,000 cr. and an '03 Chevy SSR.
I run a 2 hr race around Laguana Seca in B-Spec and get 38,000 cr. and an '88 Chevy Camaro.
And although I didn't write down the exact figures, the XP you get is equally skewed.
If I wasn't a completionist I wouldn't even bother with these races.
For all the time these events take, you should get rewarded appropriately.
What will I get for the 24 hour races, 500 cr. and a 1985 Yugo?
 
Yeah... it's ridiculous.

I'm not even going to attempt completion. (I'll be lucky to get to level 27). I'm just going back and looking for good races every now and then, and waiting to see if PD decides to do anything about it with patches.

At this point GT5 just makes me want to hook my son's PS2 up to the big screen and play through GT4 again. I don't remember any major display differences with it in HD mode on my TV compared to GT5, and it was a LOT more fun from a gameplay standpoint. :)
 
Last edited:
You're level 26, and not planning on using endurance races to level...
You really think you'll ever get to 40? :lol:
 
Specifically, I don't understand why the rewards are so paltry compared to other, much shorter, races.
I run a 20 minute race around Indy in B-Spec and get 54,000 cr. and an '03 Chevy SSR.
I run a 2 hr race around Laguana Seca in B-Spec and get 38,000 cr. and an '88 Chevy Camaro.
And although I didn't write down the exact figures, the XP you get is equally skewed.
If I wasn't a completionist I wouldn't even bother with these races.
For all the time these events take, you should get rewarded appropriately.
What will I get for the 24 hour races, 500 cr. and a 1985 Yugo?

That's my next B-spec event and all you get is a Camaro?

Bollocks :(
 
You're level 26, and not planning on using endurance races to level...
You really think you'll ever get to 40? :lol:

Why would I use Endurance races to level when you get more credit for running shorter races? That's exactly what I am saying is the whole problem.
I expected to be able to let Bob run the 9 hr event while I slept and get a huge amount of benefit from it.
And I'm up to level 27 now, just hadn't updated my signature, thanks for the reminder.
 
"Completionist", haha good way to put it. I totally understand, and honestly the credit/XP design of this game is probably the most absurd I have ever seen. The 24-hr endurances I can see doing in B-Spec, but A-Spec would literally require leaving my PS3 on for about a week solid with pauses in between. I just don't know if I really care that much. I just want cars, but I am a completionist at heart. Lol.
 
How about the 500K for an engine rebuild and another 500K for chassis restore (which I'm not sure how much it helps because I didn't notice a difference) for the higher end cars?
They want me to spend 1M cr. on a car that cost 750K to buy? Excuse me, but WTF?
I don't go nuts with the "get everything" mentality on all games, just the ones I really enjoy. Last one before GT5 was Red Dead Redemption and I couldn't put that down until I had 100%!
 
All the endurance races are about is A) your a perfectionist and just have to get every trophy a game has, B) you just want to grind to 30 to get the X1 or 40 to buy the X1 in case you suck at the challenge, also think you get the ferrari 2010 f1 car for 40...though like to dol the guy told me that i could do the american challenge and buy 10 of them in half the time it would take to grind up to 40.

Beyond any of those i see no point in them, tho my b-spec guys will do them just because except maybe the 24 hour ones, tho you do get the classic jaguar race car for one of the endurance races, and a standard model ford gt 70, beyond that all the other cars sofar have been entirely yawn worthy
 
All the endurance races are about is A) your a perfectionist and just have to get every trophy a game has, B) you just want to grind to 30 to get the X1 or 40 to buy the X1 in case you suck at the challenge, also think you get the ferrari 2010 f1 car for 40...though like to dol the guy told me that i could do the american challenge and buy 10 of them in half the time it would take to grind up to 40.

Beyond any of those i see no point in them, tho my b-spec guys will do them just because except maybe the 24 hour ones, tho you do get the classic jaguar race car for one of the endurance races, and a standard model ford gt 70, beyond that all the other cars sofar have been entirely yawn worthy

How about C)Because you enjoy them?

I prefer the endurance races because of the challenge they offer. I enjoy picking my favourite car and then spending ages pounding 'round the track perfecting my lines and seeing how far I can stretch my tyres before pitting.
 
Well if the AI was better they might be fun......

The trick there is to make sure you have a worse car than the AI.

The game doesn't even start for me until I've got the Endurance Hall unlocked.

I will run these races multiple times with as many different cars as I can, looking for the closest finish that I can get. I don't mind losing them either. I would rather come second in a race than win it with more than a 10 second advantage over the lead AI.
 
How about the 500K for an engine rebuild and another 500K for chassis restore (which I'm not sure how much it helps because I didn't notice a difference) for the higher end cars?
They want me to spend 1M cr. on a car that cost 750K to buy? Excuse me, but WTF?
I don't go nuts with the "get everything" mentality on all games, just the ones I really enjoy. Last one before GT5 was Red Dead Redemption and I couldn't put that down until I had 100%!

Spending 1 million credits for negligible performance gains is completely unnecessary.

I can't comment on the A-spec races but for B-spec endurance races are the fastest way to level, and you don't have to come back every 10 min to start another race. I would assume the experience per minute is similarly higher than other races in A-spec.
 
The trick there is to make sure you have a worse car than the AI.

The game doesn't even start for me until I've got the Endurance Hall unlocked.

I will run these races multiple times with as many different cars as I can, looking for the closest finish that I can get. I don't mind losing them either. I would rather come second in a race than win it with more than a 10 second advantage over the lead AI.

I do not mind loosing race when the AI is actually racing, but the AI in gt5 simply drives around and you got to just go faster than them and try not to get spun off the road or slammed into a barrier cause the ai just had no concept of actual racing.

Look at formula 1 2010, there is a game that does good racing ai. I have had epic battles with webber, hamilton, massa on occasion. I won some i lost some, but they actually race, they defend, they make decent overtake moves, they do not slam into you or ram you off the road or try to drive through you, they even make mistakes from time to time. F1 2010 is not perfect but it does a really good job of making the AI feel like it is actually intelligent.

Remember trying to chase webber down early in the season i set a fast lap he set a fast lap, every time i started to close up he put the hammer down and pulled away, it was an actual dog fight.

Get that ai in gt and yea i could see ai races being 1000% more fun and more real, or just give the gt ai basic understanding of where you are and what you are doing period. Other games do it, yet GT has the the same basic AI since gt1 with a few minor tweaks here and there to allow them finally in gt6 to lest recognize when they are being lapped by a player, which is 500% more annoying than when they just drove the line like zombies.
 
I totally agree. I did the 4 hour race around Tsukuba in the MX5 race in A spec today, and after all of that I got a poultry 160,000 credits and some old Mazda rubbish, not to mention only enough XP points to get me half way to unlocking the next endurance race!
I mean, FFS, I can earn 95,000 credits in under 4 minutes in the American series, yet 4 hours only earns me 160,000. What a waste of time. 👎
 
Back