I don't understand this...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sarkazmo
  • 4 comments
  • 1,217 views
Messages
386
United States
OH
Messages
GTP_Sarkazmo
I just did Race B of the dailies. Maggiore, Gr 3. I qualified 5th, finished 4th by approximately 5 seconds, got my 3x Clean Races, not a single penalty, I set multiple Purple sectors,...

... and my SR RATING WENT RED! I actually lost SR for finishing better than I started without a penalty! WTF!?

I had two drivers hit me, gaining penalties for themselves but not for me. Both times I had the inside line and they turned into me.

I was so stunned I forgot to screenshot it. :( But I do have a screenie of the win.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180526091334.jpg


Unless I was hallucinating win I viewed the results the system just effed me out of SR for no reason.

Sark
 
Last edited:
You were not alone. Many of us experienced the same. Yesterday no penalty, got clean race bonus, and no red dot. But, in the end, RED Sr.:grumpy:
8D89CD42-3802-40DC-812C-FE6AB33CC198.jpeg
 
It doesn't matter if you get a penalty or not, any contact deducts SR, yet as long as it doesn't show SR Down you keep the clean race bonus. It's broken. You can also get the clean race bonus with a red dot, or no clean race bonus without any contact or penalty.
 
I think it's lag. The game might not "see" the same things we do, or that other players do. I've lost DR and SR while gaining a bunch of positions and running a clean race. Other times I've been run off the track and had contact with other cars, yet received the clean race bonus and a bump in ratings.

I've also been flamed after a race for being dirty when I never ever touched anyone.
 
I think it's lag. The game might not "see" the same things we do, or that other players do. I've lost DR and SR while gaining a bunch of positions and running a clean race. Other times I've been run off the track and had contact with other cars, yet received the clean race bonus and a bump in ratings.

I've also been flamed after a race for being dirty when I never ever touched anyone.

The game sees exactly the same as you do. Each console calculates its own collisions and penalties and only sends your car telemetry to all other players. The server literally does nothing.

Lag can be a big factor in how different players experience different things. If you or the other person has lag, their car telemetry arrives late on your console, which means your game extrapolates old data to figure out where the other car could be right now (before confirmation is received of where it actually is). So you can hit a car that's not really there and the other person will never have experienced the collision. Sometimes your console tells you the other person got a penalty yet at the end it turns out they are penalty free as each console can experience the collision differently with lag. This also happens the other way around hence getting called dirty while you have no clue why. (It could of course also be mistaken identity)

The penalty system is also very sensitive. You might not experience a collision, yet a touch of bumpers is enough to get an SR deduction. So you can lose SR at the end without ever feeling a hit.

DR gains and losses entirely depend on what the DR level is of the people you finish in front of and behind. People finishing in front of you take 80 + ((your DR - their DR) / 500) from you, you get 80 - ((your DR - their DR) / 500) from people you finish in front of. Basically if you beat higher level players you gain more points, yet if lower level players beat you you lose more points.

If a player punts you off the track, you lose SR, yet if you don't get SR Down or a penalty the game believes you were not at fault and you keep the clean race bonus, plus you also receive a free pass go off track temporarily. (Unfortunately this is abused by some people, dive bump hit in the right spot and take a free shortcut over the second part of a chicane)

It would be better if the server was involved with penalty assignment as you can't trust penalty info for other players at all, neither the flashing sign, not even the red dot at the end of the race.
 
Back