I feel much better, golds

  • Thread starter Thread starter sicbeing
  • 7 comments
  • 622 views
Messages
1,103
Messages
Cribanox
I've played this game off and on since release in US almost a year ago. The first attempt at this game, I acheived 25% completion or a little more and erased my saved game on accident.

Over the past few months I've been casually working my way up. I'm now at just over 30%.

Now I'm one who used to think golds were impossile in the license tests. I couldn't even gold the first one or two B tests (I think where all you had to do was start and stop).

Now, I think I've either become a better driver (in game), or I can just use the DS2 (Controller?) better. I have all gold'd the B License tests.

I thought to myself the oher day, "Hey, I wonder if I can actually attempt getting those bronze and few silvers gone, and actually gold some?". Not only did I gold some, but I did a few on the first try :scared:

Those lap tests are the only ones that really got to me, because they took the longest to master (a few laps), but all around seemed easiest because you could just kind of follow the pace car.

Anyway, I just wanted to post here, not only to brag ( "lol" ) but so all the people who think that golds can be impossible, they really aren't I guess. I'm sure that the A-S licenses are going to make me go insane though, and I'll probably start another thread a year from now when I get golds on all tests, if that ever happens :nervous:
 
If you practice enough, that will happen. I was one of thos "Ah, silver's pretty neet too!" people, and now I only have the S license left to gold (see sig)
If you keep practicing you'll get them too. I guess I'm going back to GT3 some day to gold those license tests too!
 
Practice makes perfect.... 👍
Keep trying...
 
Good job, sicbeing... there is a definite point when you just get the right feel for the tests..., the gold 'mindset' so to speak. If you try every test in the knowledge that it is gold-able, then you will eventually do it... and become a much better player in the process...
SjefGielen
If you practice enough, that will happen. I was one of thos "Ah, silver's pretty neet too!" people, and now I only have the S license left to gold (see sig)
If you keep practicing you'll get them too. I guess I'm going back to GT3 some day to gold those license tests too!

Good luck! I recently golded the S licences in GT4 for a mate, completing them all in one night... full of confidence, I then loaded up GT3 and went face to face with my nemesis, license test S-6 (Viper at Laguna Seca, a test that took me a grand total of over 8 hours to gold previously), and I was put firmly in my place. I didn't even manage a silver this time... :crazy: I told my mate I'd do his GT3 licenses too, but after that, I decided to leave them. That is one mountain I don't feel up to climbing again...
 
It's interesting that's for sure.

When I first started playing GT4 I did what I have done with the three previous versions - attain all the licenses as quick as possible, but don't keep trying for gold when bronze will do. As a result I had all my licenses by the second day, the majority of them bronze.

Then, welcome to the world of GTP! I started to read about how people had all the golds before they'd even started a race! WOW!

"I'll have to gold all the licenses too" I thought. "But not now, getting bronze and silver were hard enough, and I want to race!"

A few months pass, and I arrive at a friends house. He's working to complete all his licenses. He's stuck on the 'ring - the one in the Mercedes Evo 190. He has never even reached the end of the track in this test before. After a few minutes watching him I ask if he would like a hand. He gives me the controller.

I say "Are you sure you want me to complete this test for you?"
"I can't pass it." He says.

OK.

Now, in my own game I've driven a fair few miles on the 'ring and know my way around. I set off in pursuit of the R34 and immediately remember what this test is like. After a couple of corners I've got the feel of the car, and then I start to yell at the pace car to hurry up. BASH! I ram it from behind. It's now that I realise that hitting the pace car is a no-no, and then I begin again. This time I try a different approach. When the time is right I pull off a killer move and take the R34 up the inside and move ahead. This, it appears, is also a no-no...

So, now with the rules sorted, I set off once more. At about half-distance I look at the timer and at the time I need for gold. I've been held up by the pace car for the majority of the lap, and I make the statement that it's looking impossible to get gold as the pace car doesn't go that quick. I am about to be proven wrong.

As we round the last corner, I notice I am 15secs under the gold time. I cheer as I belt up the start/finish straight, and beat the gold time by 8secs. This is essentially my first attempt.

My friend iss shocked - so am I.

It seems practice does pay off, and I intend returning to gold all my own licenses in the very near future.

The feeling is :D and it's not as difficult as it seems in the beginning - well, I hope not anyway...

Not keen to return to any earlier versions though. :scared:
 
Wow, 8 s! Must have been a superb run!

I'm disappointed that I can't even achieve gold in A-License! I'm too bad at golding tests! I've alway been! In all Gran Turismos!
I have completed GT4 100% but I can't beat (gold) the tests! Why? My greatest achievement was in GT2, I had gold in I think the first license and won the Spoon S2000.

A-License is the only license I want to gold because I want the GT-R Gran Turismo so much. Can someone please post a picture of it to give me some motivation? I've never seen it before. Please!
 
Awsome ferrari_chris. Unfortunatly, none of my friends play GT4, It'd be cool though to have some RL friends who are into the game as much as I am.
 
I wanted every single car in GT4, so I simply HAD to get all golds! And it didn´t turn out to be such a challange after all. I had already got 100% when I began golding, so my driving was fairly good, and after golding, I´d say I improved further more!

And as for GT3...well, I did give the gold a shot right after achieving 100% in GT4, but to no avail. Those wet circles got me, and I gave up. Must say the licensing in GT3 is way harder than in GT4.
 
Back