I find it hard to have fun with this game anymore...

• Thread starter ToyGTone
  • 27 comments
Bahrain
Parts Unknown
DM me
DM me
Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I fully returned to this game. I only returned for the first round of FIA and got bored afterwards. I don't see any point of playing this game anymore. The GT Mode feels like some unfinished extra that's tacked onto the game. I get bored from the Sport mode after one or two races plus most of them are too long for me to handle. There's the lobbies but most of them don't interest me.

I kinda starting to loss interest from video games lately. I don't see any fun of it unless I have friends to play with. Sadly I barely have any friends nowadays.

I'm not sure what to do with this game. I just want to left this here since I dunno where else to put it.

Thank you all for reading.

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I fully returned to this game. I only returned for the first round of FIA and got bored afterwards. I don't see any point of playing this game anymore. The GT Mode feels like some unfinished extra that's tacked onto the game. I get bored from the Sport mode after one or two races plus most of them are too long for me to handle. There's the lobbies but most of them don't interest me.

I kinda starting to loss interest from video games lately. I don't see any fun of it unless I have friends to play with. Sadly I barely have any friends nowadays.

I'm not sure what to do with this game. I just want to left this here since I dunno where else to put it.

Quit. Nobody is forcing you.

Hello everyone,

I have lost interest in GTS, so I put the game and the PS4 in a draw :).

For me, the way I treat this game is the same as I treat Forza 7. I play GTS for my 26 miles 42km a day. That's it.

For Forza I play maybe one of the career cup races series which is like 5 races on 5 different tracks for 2 laps each... this is a great reflection of the audience attention span.

If you're anywhere like a normal like ie. 9-5 work, you have kids and a partner and you the usual daily chores then games where you go in and out are fine.

I havent done the endurances nor have I dont the long mission challenges.

Unplug the Playstation, put it in a cupboard somewhere, and find something else to do.

Ok, easier said than done.

According to your profile you're 19. Well I've got 30 years on you, and one of the things I've learnt is that when a hobby starts to become a chore then it's time to leave it, move on, and find something else to do otherwise you'll start to hate it. Sometimes it's difficult to do, sometimes something more interesting simply comes along and takes your attention away.

I've been gaming for 40 years now, but it's been here and there, and interspersed with other things that hold my interest, such as photography and electronic music production.

One of the things about gaming is that it's one hell of a time sink, and at the end of it there's very little to show for that time. From my point of view it's important for me to balance that with a more productive hobby. I can then say "Hey, I took that photo" or "I produced that piece of music". Seeing or hearing those things that I did always brings a smile to face, even years after the event. Gaming on the other hand doesn't really leave me with anything other than a brief period of entertainment.

Of course I'm not saying stop gaming entirely, it's just that I think that perhaps you'd be happier with a bit more balance with the things that you do in your spare time.

I had completely stopped gaming between 17 and 26. Sometimes you need a new hobby for the old one to give you pleasure again. Funny it was a PSP that lit the spark once more.
Anyway if you are not having fun, don't waste your time, find something else to do. An hour wasted can be extremely precious as time goes on :D

I get bored from the Sport mode after one or two races plus most of them are too long for me to handle.
The three races each day are equivalent to three laps of Trial Mountain, five laps of Trial Mountain and ten laps of Trial Mountain.

If "most of them are too long", that suggests that four laps of Trial Mountain is your absolute upper limit - which begs the question of how you've survived playing any GT game ever.

Like @Slapped said, take a break and do something else. I find my interest in gaming very periodic. I get excited about some games and think I'm going to play them forever but at some point I'm totally bored. Doing something creative or a homeproject, ever for your own amusement, is nice for a change.

If time flies playing a game then that's time well spent. No matter if there's not anything to gain. To me the problem is that all the games I've tried after GTS feel like nothing. It will take time to find a game as special as this.

You got to Switch it up! ...I just got a Nintendo (birthday gift from wife) with Zelda and now I go into GTS only to do a 4-lapper of Circuit de la Sarthe to get my daily car (which usually is non-starter but I am trying!). ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA (damn this game is good, only missing the McLaren P1..!) ! :-D

Hello everyone,

I'm 40 years old and felt kinda the same end of 2016, didnt play much games in 2017 compares to other years because I just didnt feel like it. Just like @Slapped said, find something else to do, I went biking a lot, doing 1-2h of trail a day and it's been a blast, cleared my mind and now I'm slowly going back to gaming. Did Metro Redux, currently playing Dying Light and enjoying both of them, I'm not playing too much, when I feel like I'm bored, I turn the game off and go do something else. Just did a 1h30 session on Dying light and now I'm gonna go biking for a couple hours before going back to look for work a bit. Oh and off course I do my daily dose of GTS. When I feel like I'm getting bored, I log off, not pushing myself to play a bit more. Currently pushing to get DR A and being close to it but taking my times.

Having switch for GTS to wheel (I used to play on pad but broke one of my finger tip and couldnt use pad anymore) I get a fresh experience too, I really enjoy it even if I'm more or less the same on speed depending on track (some track Im faster on pad, some on wheel).

I'd simply never get board of it, all i want to do is race. Even the actual driving to me is secondary, my primary interest is in racing.

Last night I ran two Group 4 races at Gardens, qualified a bit slow, so maybe 10th, finished 4th and 5th with epic 11 lap races full of relatively clean jockeying for position.

it was brilliant.

Unplug the Playstation, put it in a cupboard somewhere, and find something else to do.

Ok, easier said than done.

According to your profile you're 19. Well I've got 30 years on you, and one of the things I've learnt is that when a hobby starts to become a chore then it's time to leave it, move on, and find something else to do otherwise you'll start to hate it. Sometimes it's difficult to do, sometimes something more interesting simply comes along and takes your attention away.

I've been gaming for 40 years now, but it's been here and there, and interspersed with other things that hold my interest, such as photography and electronic music production.

One of the things about gaming is that it's one hell of a time sink, and at the end of it there's very little to show for that time. From my point of view it's important for me to balance that with a more productive hobby. I can then say "Hey, I took that photo" or "I produced that piece of music". Seeing or hearing those things that I did always brings a smile to face, even years after the event. Gaming on the other hand doesn't really leave me with anything other than a brief period of entertainment.

Of course I'm not saying stop gaming entirely, it's just that I think that perhaps you'd be happier with a bit more balance with the things that you do in your spare time.

While I don't disagree with you, gaming has plenty of room for creativity as well.

Photography, so many screenshots to look back on especially since photo modes became popular
GTS has liveries many people are very proud of
Little big planet, Super mario maker etc have a lot to show for your time, I'm looking forward to Dreams.
I recreated the town I live in in minute detail in Cities in Motion 2's map editor, every single house.
People like to create video content with games nowadays.
I made my own journey travel blog, traveling around the galaxy for months in Elite Dangerous.

My other hobby is cycling. and all that's got to show for is sore muscles and sunburn :)

A game like GTS requires a lot of time though. If you play regularly you'll make friends and have more fun as with most online centered games.

When I get bored of games for a while I catch up on all the movies I have missed, until something new comes out that interests me. Just playing games because they review well or are popular never works. Best turn the console off for a while until something sparks your interest again.

Like many have said, sometimes you just need a break. If i am not feeling like playing a certain game, i play something that i do, or simply do something else. Live your life man, aint no one gonma give you happiness but you.

This game is frustrating. It's a feature not a bug.

For me, the cover says it all. Not many games where you catch yourself doing a hand pump after winning or completing a goal.

c0d85b78e4d95d1180d196d95341a4ff.jpg

While I don't disagree with you, gaming has plenty of room for creativity as well.

Photography, so many screenshots to look back on especially since photo modes became popular
GTS has liveries many people are very proud of
Little big planet, Super mario maker etc have a lot to show for your time, I'm looking forward to Dreams.
I recreated the town I live in in minute detail in Cities in Motion 2's map editor, every single house.
People like to create video content with games nowadays.
I made my own journey travel blog, traveling around the galaxy for months in Elite Dangerous.

My other hobby is cycling. and all that's got to show for is sore muscles and sunburn :)

A game like GTS requires a lot of time though. If you play regularly you'll make friends and have more fun as with most online centered games.

When I get bored of games for a while I catch up on all the movies I have missed, until something new comes out that interests me. Just playing games because they review well or are popular never works. Best turn the console off for a while until something sparks your interest again.

I agree with you as well. I have lots of replays in GT5, some of which were races from a club I used to run on here. I like to watch them occasionally, & it gets me feeling all nostalgic. There's certainly a lot of joy in seeing those races again that I did between 2010 & 2014, some of which I had all but forgotten.

@ToyGTone - Sounds like you got some Anhedonia there. Take the good advice given in this thread & get outside & do something different. Go biking (if you have one), or just go for some long walks. Gaming is just that, gaming; it's supposed to be fun & often times is in small doses. If you're bored of it, go do something else for a while & see if the desire to play returns.

I feel you, i haven't touched this game in a week now, after a disastrous run in sport mode, dropped from SR/S to B, and i might have been at fault a lil (protecting the line when i was on the inside, and yah i know bla bla, where's the vid, but i couldn't be arsed.), but i feel there's a lot of people out there that just drive to **** other people's stats up.

p78
I feel you, i haven't touched this game in a week now...

Same here but I was on vacation visiting family and stuff. Got back home and got food poisoning so I've been napping a lot, watching movies, and drinking water. Romper Stomper is an amazing movie by the way, it's currently free on Amazon Prime.

Back