I give up !

• Thread starter GT3 newbie
  • 17 comments
Thats it, I cannot do it anymore, the competitions are getting too hard. First the cote d'azure endurance, then the rome II race in Avant Garde, even in a bloody zonda race car ! :ouch:

That bloody Rome II circuit is one of my worst circuits, the AI shove me to the back and then pull off, couple that with the crap handling of the zonda and a loss is inevitable

And I dont know how someone is supposed to keep up at mistral without an F1, car that I like just seem to handle extremely badly there.

I give up for gods sake ...

Don't give up - practice! Focus on driving better and better. Get at least silvers on the licenses, if not gold. Instead of trying 50 different cars, drive in free run until you can make consistent, clean laps and stay out of the walls.

I did the Monaco enduro in a Nissan R390 road car on T2 slicks with Turbo 2 and all other options. I beat the TS020 by 22 seconds.

I'm not saying this because I'm a spectacular driver - quite the opposite. I'm mediocre. You can do it, too!

You can't give up! You're not even an "Active member" yet! :lol:

Yeah, as Duke says, it just takes a lot of practice. Knowledge of the courses is way more important than power or speed. Knowing where to brake, how much stress you can put your car thru...etc, is what will get you to succeeed.

...you know all that, tho. :indiff:

Last edited:
Definitely don't give up. Sounds like you made easy work of TT10. Heck, that one took me more than a year to finally get. Well, I did a lot of other stuff in GT3 and GT4 in between tries. I came back to it one day and it all just clicked.

Perfect the racing lines and learn when to pit. The AI cars pit in a set pattern, remember when each AI car pits and work your strategy around it. In the endurance races I memorised when the faster lead cars pitted and worked out when I should pit at the right time, so as to always get away in front of them. Patience is the key.

Yeah, I just got angry yesterday because of the avant garde, I'll try monaco again today, and if it still dont work, im just gonna do an f1, and yeah, I actually like the time trials so I'll try get silvers, if not golds

This is a related topic: < https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108515 >

The easiest way to give yourself a chance is to overpower your car and find the best rubber for your car for the length of the race. But still- you do license tests for a reason. Keep doing those tests to learn every nuance about each track. Then be able to take your learning and apply it to Gran Turismo. The Italian Avant Garde wasn't fun. Also if it helps, get tough! There won't be any penalties for rough driving. Believe me. If you've played GT4, GT3's challenges are nowhere near the difficulty of GT4. So keep trying and be an opportunist if you have to. Sometimes the best way to be a champion is to take some risks. Use every resource available.

Giving up only complicates the game. We all must go through Hell to reach Heaven. So keep fighting!

Guys, I have a question

How do you guys tackle the corners on this track ? :

romezi3.gif

The corners are marked in black and numbered 1 and 2, this is Rome II.

I need help on how to tackle these corners, specificly, in the zonda C12.

1 - I come hard, and lift at the corner like the AI do, but I still smash into the barrier all the time, going from 200+kph to 160 kph, how do I not hit the barrier but carry good speed into the straight ?

2 - This is not a problem corner, but more on how I can go faster, I brake early and come out fast, but slide to the edge of the track, how can I go faster on this corner but stay in good position for the next corner ?

Last edited:
I braked for both corners, going hard on the first corner and then hitting full throttle, using the kerb as much as I could. It was not easy, having hit the Armco several times. while on the second corner I let go of the throttle first and then tapped the brake as needed. Which parts are you using for your C12?

I am sure you have plenty of time to adjust your position on that finishing straight for the first corner, though.

Last edited:
I braked for both corners, going hard on the first corner and then hitting full throttle, using the kerb as much as I could. It was not easy, having hit the Armco several times. while on the second corner I let go of the throttle first and then tapped the brake as needed. Which parts are you using for your C12?

I am sure you have plenty of time to adjust your position on that finishing straight for the first corner, though.

That final corner is hard, 99% of the time I hit the barrier and slow down, A LOT

Unless I brake to less than 150kph

Im using all the parts for the C12, then stage 2 NA, I think

Guys, I have a question

How do you guys tackle the corners on this track ? :

romezi3.gif

The corners are marked in black and numbered 1 and 2, this is Rome II.

I need help on how to tackle these corners, specificly, in the zonda C12.

1 - I come hard, and lift at the corner like the AI do, but I still smash into the barrier all the time, going from 200+kph to 160 kph, how do I not hit the barrier but carry good speed into the straight ?

2 - This is not a problem corner, but more on how I can go faster, I brake early and come out fast, but slide to the edge of the track, how can I go faster on this corner but stay in good position for the next corner ?

So we're talking Rome reversed-direction, right?

Turn 1: you need to brake very early in the Zonda...like way before the turn actually starts. I can give you a more accurate description of exactly where later on when I get home. But basically, you brake at some point while you're still way on the right hand side...riding up on the red & white grid.

Turn in carefully to the left with no gas, aiming the car with precision. When appropriate (when you can see you can safely turn without hitting the inside guardrail) turn left harder. Now you'll need to tap the brakes perhaps as you turn in.

The right hand guardrail comes up real fast. :scared: Basically, don't start hittin the gas till you know you're not going to smack the guardrail.

This isn't a great description (I'm at work), but it's basically:

1. Brake hard while your right tires are still rolling over the red & white grid on the right-hand side,

2. Turn in carefully (no gas, just coasting, tap the brakes if necessary) till you've got your left-hand tires lined up and ready to roll over the red & white grid on the left.

3. Turn in more aggressively without hitting guardrail on inside.

4. Momentum will carry you to the right hand side. You'll still have a lot of speed, so don't hit the gas till you know you're not going to hit the right-hand guardrail.

Turn 2: This is a very fast turn....you basically can take it flat out with little braking action in most cars, but in the Zonda (with all that power) you'll probably need to brake while you're still somewhere on the back straight.

You brake on the left-hand side, turn in...miss the inside wall on the right-hand side, but after you've passed the kink, DON'T give too much gas. You'll need to arrange yourself somewhat rightish after this turn so you can immediately start to tackle the next hard left.

HTH 👍

Last edited:
#1 This is my least favorite corner in the game. Parnelli has heard me whine about this one several times. It's real tough to find a reference spot for braking and turn-in. I have a tough time getting any consistency going through this one. I don't think you want to brake hard for it though, maybe one solid stab at the brakes or you'll get pummeled from behind. try to hit the striping on the left and let the momentum carry you to the right on the exit.

#2 This corner I usually give another quick stab at the brakes before entry. Too much speed through this corner messes you up for the following left hander.

#3 this section is critical and difficult to get smooth. When you do get it right, it's one big smooth decreasing radius arc. It's also hard to resist the temptation to power through it. easy on the throttle. It's also difficult to locate a braking and turn-in reference.

Attachments

• romezi3.gif
    romezi3.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hey guys, thx, I FINISHED THE ITALIAN AVANT GARDE !!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Was a hard one in the C12, but I actually enjoyed it, heres a quick sum up of the race if you like :

laps :

1 - With all tires new and warming up, I pummeled my way through to first and held it through the lap.

2 - Tires nearly warm, a quicker lap time, still first followed closely by the pack.

3 - Lost my lead at the end of the straight because I braked too late pushed into 3rd, made my way to 2nd at the end of the lap.

4 - Had a very bad spin out at that very tight corner at the other end of the track, and got smashed everywhere by the 4 other AI behind me, this put me 9 seconds behind the leader.

5 - Managed to gain back a bit of time and was 5th by the end of the lap, only because there was one zonda trailing behind a bit.

6 - Had a good lap and managed to catch the pack, was 4th by the end of the lap.

7 - Had a spin out at the bloody same corner, but some quick use of the handbrake and reverse put me 5 seconds behind.

8 - Had a good clean lap because of the empty track and caught the pack again, 2 seconds behind at the end of the straight.

9 - Fighting in the middle of the pack, a lot of bouncing of the AI, me being 2nd at the end of the lap.

10 - The AI's tires must have been on shreds, (so were mine, they were all completely red), I had to use the barriers a lot to stop the car from spinning, but the AI behind me were all doing the same !! Zoomed into the straight, crashed into the barrier at full speed and crossed the line, 2 seconds ahead of the trailing zonda.

Back