I Got the Game/My First Impressions

• Thread starter 1X83Z
  • 12 comments

1X83Z

Premium
United States
usa
All:

I finally got my PS2 back after it broke its laser or its laser stopped reading discs or something, and at the store I was picking it up from was one copy of WRC.

Natually (after hearing all the good things you guys said about it), I didn't hesitate to get it.

So I took it home and turned it on. Wow! It's unquestionably one of the best games I've ever purchased (definitely behind GTA3 though).

My first run was with the Octavia - by the end of the run I had a broken windshield, misaligned front and rear bumpers, no front-right headlight, black smoke pouring out of the engine, and all of the red warning lights on. :D

I've improved somewhat since. My problem is that the game says it's 'auto-saving' but I can't load a save file. It 'auto-saved' my World Rally Championship-series game and now I can't recover it - at least I only did Monaco. Before I attempt it again I'd like to know what's going on...

Mmm- that's odd. I always get in the habit of saving whenever possible, so it might be best to save at the end of each stage. I had no problems loading saved games.

Any late calls from the navigator yet?

I should just save manually before turning off my console and circumvent the problem in its entireity.

Not any late calls yet, though every so often I want to tell him to shut up - when I did my first race (from 3rd-person view) I wondered what all the noise in the cockpit was (it's hard to hear over the engine noise). I thought there was a radio on! :lol:

Much like the real ones I suppose.

The first night I had it, I came up on a 'three left' but saw what I thought was a short cut right across the corner - I heard 'don't cut' just as it became apparent there was a hundred foot deep ravine there.

The replay was hilarious - four locked wheels, and then into space...

My favourite is:

"150 Left Two"

I approach the turn, from the right, flat...

"Into"

err ... uh oh

"Five Right"

Bang!

Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
My favourite is:

"150 Left Two"

"Into"

err ... uh oh

"Five Right"

Bang!

:lol: I have been on that ride as well. :lol:

My favourite is:

"150 Left Two"

"Into"

err ... uh oh

"Five Right"

Bang!
I've been there many times! :eek:

Today it happened, I believe in Greece.

I come to a straightaway followed by a hard left. At some point in the straightaway he says "caution, crest," so I floor it hoping to brake in time for the left at the end of the straightaway. As I roll end over end down the cliff, he says "five left." Loser. :D

My favourite is:
"150 Left Two"
"Into"
err ... uh oh
"Five Right"
Bang!

:lol: It's funny because it's true!

Oh yeah - M5Power -welcome to the 'burnt by the WRC co-driver club'.

Originally posted by vat_man

...welcome to the 'burnt by the WRC co-driver club'.

Can I join your 12 step program??

Hi, my name is Barry,
and I got burnt in Greece.. :( :(
[stop laughing]

:lol: vat!

Latest Posts

Back