I have an idea to expand the game...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brit999
  • 17 comments
  • 1,126 views
Messages
388
Messages
gtp_brit999
Well I got to thinking as I was working around the house. Lots of people hate grinding the indy course with the x1. Lots of people hate the lack of events. Lots of people are upset by the 1,000,000 credit cap on trading because it takes a lot of grinding to get those expensive cars. Lots of people would like to see more events, with more money, experience etc.

So my thought went something like this; The game was well balanced until I hit level 30, a few races repeated, the licences done, special events, seasonals etc. But then when I got to level 30 I found I was having to grind events over and over to progress. My solution I think would be fairly easy to implement.

When you reach a certain level (probably after completing the extreme series, or unlocking the endurance series), you could choose an event or championship, and then choose the restrictions from a different championship or event.

For example you could choose The Dream car championship series of races, but with the restrictions and starting line up from the Nascar series.

Or the Polyphony championship with the restrictions and starting line up from the Japanese championships.

Sunday cup with restrictions and starting line up of the FGT championships...

The Races are already programmed, as are the rewards. The opponents are already there, surely this would be possible and easier than producing new seasonal events every week or two (which I would like to keep as well ;) ). This way we could have infinite variations on each race series.

Yes I know that some people might want to choose easy races with faster cars, but others would have the opportunity for balanced races. Imagine the DCC with the Vitz restrictions in place :)

Only a thought, I just wonder if anyone else would like this idea.
 
I think we should be able to create online races and make up the prizes for the winners of a race... cr.500,000 for the win so on...
 
Thanks for your ideas about online racing but I was thinking about expanding the game, the A Spec section. Any thoughts on that?
 
How about a new special event more like the career mode on nfs: porshe unleashed. Best career mode of all time. LOVED IT! Want it back! But using the gt5 engine. My pulse quickens just thinking about it.

I see gt5 alot like I saw gt4, as a game to be played over years. I'm for any content expansion.
 
How about they just add some more A-Spec events, that are reasonable length, give decent rewards, and actually have restrictions in place that you can transfer to other races. The restrictions are pointless... Racing: Hard, what kind of restriction is that? 1,400bhp, as long as you're using hard racing tyres... seriously.

Single year, single make, single country, single drive type, maximum bhp, maximum weight, fixed tyres... those are the kinds of races they need to add.

And they need to add them permanently, not for 2 weeks. I keep hearing about how seasonal events is expanding A-Spec, and I think "really, so all those people that buy GT5 this week, can have their A-Spec expanded with all those events that have already gone?"... and of course, they can't.

I guess you can see how the A-Spec expanding, seasonal logic kinda fails, unless you were there on day one.
 
I think we should be able to create online races and make up the prizes for the winners of a race... cr.500,000 for the win so on...

That would be soooo awesome. You sir are a genius.
 
I think we should be able to create online races and make up the prizes for the winners of a race... cr.500,000 for the win so on...

That doesn't make sense. Everyone will just max the credits...
 
Or how about PD remove grinding from the game and add a lot more events. I reached level 30 yesterday and I'm bored. All I got left to do are the endurance races and I have no desire to sit in one spot for 4 hrs or more...
 
I think we should be able to create online races and make up the prizes for the winners of a race... cr.500,000 for the win so on...

like this, but pd would have to improve punishment system for those idiots who bump into other cars to push them off the street (@those guys: go play blur). i don´t start playing open lobby until there´s a well balanced penaltysystem. it´s ridiculous how most ppl play online. i don´t get it, honestly :( *flamemode off*

*edit* easiest way would be to somehow "ghost" the cars if they have contact. it´s lame because it´s unrealistic, but it would solve this unfair behaviour of some ppl.
 
you cant create or remove grinding. well sort of. anyways pd culd obviosly limit the amount of credits you can set the online races to
 
I think we should be able to create online races and make up the prizes for the winners of a race... cr.500,000 for the win so on...
If this was implemented, what would the cr. cap be? What would stop people from making every race pay out 20,000,000?
 
I think we should be able to create online races and make up the prizes for the winners of a race... cr.500,000 for the win so on...

This would never work as people would abuse the system with 1 lap races at 500,000 credits.
 
This would never work as people would abuse the system with 1 lap races at 500,000 credits.

lol... true at least it removes grinding - well there would be a max you can get cr.300,000 max for 2 laps and so on... bigger the distance, bigger the prize...
 
So you want online races with immense rewards for doing a lap. Very thoughtful.

I know, online races around the indy circuit, in the vettel, 1 lap 20,000,000 prize and 4,000,000 experience.

Great.

do I really need to put a /sarc here?

The topic was about expanding the game, not increasing the prize level.
 
Last edited:
To expand the game I think we need new tracks.
 
Not really new tracks Per say, just tracks they forgot to add or didn't...i for one mis Apricot Raceway and Midway Raceway, as well as Motegi...why didn't they add that track, as well as Seattle and the Original Speed Ring...not this new crap they have...that track SUCKS! and what happened to the Test Course, im tired of Daytona and Indy, and Daytona isnt even up to date...at least fix it in the next update with the repaved surface, everyone would ride alot smoother
 
Back