I have found the ultimate track car.

  • Thread starter Thread starter mini_roofer_S
  • 21 comments
  • 3,641 views
Messages
200
Messages
mini_roofer_S
1996 Lotus Elise.

First thing you have to do is save up around $350-$400k. After you buy it, take it to GT auto and immediately race modify it (oil change too). After that take it to the tuning shop and purchase everything else there is left to purchase. Then take it to your favorite track and race the crap out of it.

The first thing I did was take it to the top gear track and from a standing start, I got a 1:15.4 lap time beating my stealth Mclaren F1 by 1 second. 226 HP and 645 KG= track KING. there was times where a FRONT WHEEL lifted from the ground taking a corner so hard. After the lap I screwed around and did a 360 e brake spin from around 115 mph. The ENTIRE RIGHT SIDE of the car lifted off the ground and almost flipped. The car is so freakin stiff its ridiculous. Oh and I only bought race medium tires. I would imagine the soft tires could possibly make the car flip from so much grip.

I went to watch the replay and there was times in the course where it reminded me of this little Top Gear video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bytlxnCcRFo

Anyone who likes lotuses or the Top Gear track or both, NEEDS this car.
 
Already got a 111R because I love the Elise ALOT. I'll probably buy another to race mod it right away.
 
Already got a 111R because I love the Elise ALOT. I'll probably buy another to race mod it right away.

Im sure there both just as good. I bought the 96 because A) I actually like the styling more. and B) I knew you could race mod it.
 
I think I will buy this car in the morning!

I bought a "Caterham 7 Fireblade" yesterday I a feel the same passion as you do for your elise. It is less than 400kg (360ish?) and around 260hp :) Very fun! Sadly no cockpit view although bumperview works quite well with this car as you sit so far back in it.
 
That Caterham is an absolute monster. I could hardly believe how fast it went round corners!
 
I think I will buy this car in the morning!

I bought a "Caterham 7 Fireblade" yesterday I a feel the same passion as you do for your elise. It is less than 400kg (360ish?) and around 260hp :) Very fun! Sadly no cockpit view although bumperview works quite well with this car as you sit so far back in it.

I actually bought that car today as well but its stock right now. I found that the gear box was extremely tall and needed to rev out to get any hard acceleration. I'll eventually mod that car like crazy but I always use premiums over standards.
 
Caterham revs MUUUUCH faster once modded, I picked the supercharger myself :)
 
hehe, i got from Standing Start 1:10.774 with my Skyline R34 Spec II Nür

829 HP best hanling (better than Lotus ) ;)
 
You've discovered my trick!
I love going online and racing in rooms with a 315HP max.
I bring this little unassuming bugger to the track and on the last lap I sometimes stop halfway through just to let people catch up to me so we can "race" to the finish line (and because I like to show off!).
 
So more than 3 times the horsepower, and you only shaved a bit over 3 seconds off? That's why I love using my 111r, all those fat lumps lumbering around the track make for easy pickings in corners.

Also a Nissan couldn't stand in the same room as a Caterham or Elise, their looks shame it out to the parking lot with the rest of the boring sedans :P
 
Also a Nissan couldn't stand in the same room as a Caterham or Elise, their looks shame it out to the parking lot with the rest of the boring sedans :P

You wash your mouth out. :grumpy:
 
You wash your mouth out. :grumpy:

I cant agree there...

The GT-R is an engineering masterpiece but describe it as a looker, is just silly.

The elise is a twisty back road monster, to about 80 mph there is almost nothing that can touch it, unless you go into the realms of cars with no luxury at all.

The elise is a classic car, one for the history books, something you have to drive before you die.

The gt-r? Time will tell.
 
So more than 3 times the horsepower, and you only shaved a bit over 3 seconds off? That's why I love using my 111r, all those fat lumps lumbering around the track make for easy pickings in corners.

Also a Nissan couldn't stand in the same room as a Caterham or Elise, their looks shame it out to the parking lot with the rest of the boring sedans :P

not so more Horsepower and only 3 seconds faster, because on this track the Horsepower doesnt matter. the Handling does. and my Skyline R34 not the R35 does a good job doing 1:10.774 with stoped Start and no corner cuting!

and 3 Seconds is alot !

Edit: just did 1:08.595 with my R34 Skyline.
 
I cant agree there...

The GT-R is an engineering masterpiece but describe it as a looker, is just silly.

The elise is a twisty back road monster, to about 80 mph there is almost nothing that can touch it, unless you go into the realms of cars with no luxury at all.

The elise is a classic car, one for the history books, something you have to drive before you die.

The gt-r? Time will tell.

My mate had a main road through the town where I live closed for over 4 hours after he smashed his up (brake failure, one side locked and the other didn't. The police tested it and found that is what had happened). His second one fared little better when he spun it out on a roundabout and broke the rear end (lift-off oversteer), he then bought a Westfield which in his words was a bit bonkers but stuck to the road like glue. He only got rid of that because he ended up with pneumonia as he was a little exposed to the elements driving to work everyday in the winter. He now owns an Audi A3 (the result of having a baby) and dreams of one day getting an Exige
 
I cant agree there...

The GT-R is an engineering masterpiece but describe it as a looker, is just silly.

The elise is a twisty back road monster, to about 80 mph there is almost nothing that can touch it, unless you go into the realms of cars with no luxury at all.

The elise is a classic car, one for the history books, something you have to drive before you die.

The gt-r? Time will tell.

You're talking to a man who "some say he believes Nissan invented the wheel..." :sly:
 
Screw that car, the Autobacs Arta Garaiya is way better.
 
My mate had a main road through the town where I live closed for over 4 hours after he smashed his up (brake failure, one side locked and the other didn't. The police tested it and found that is what had happened). His second one fared little better when he spun it out on a roundabout and broke the rear end (lift-off oversteer), he then bought a Westfield which in his words was a bit bonkers but stuck to the road like glue. He only got rid of that because he ended up with pneumonia as he was a little exposed to the elements driving to work everyday in the winter. He now owns an Audi A3 (the result of having a baby) and dreams of one day getting an Exige

I own a s1 elise. You just have to know your limits, hence to crash one It's usually driver error rather than the car. Unless of course it's wet, then you need to be the stig!

Best way to avoid the lift off oversteer is to always keep a little power on. The elise responds badly to bad driving and with no 'toys' to keep you safe you tend to quickly learn how to drive a car properly.

I wouldn't swap it for anything. It's a summer weekend toy which always puts a smile on your face.

An exige would be nice but I dont mind sacrificing a little handling (due to extra aero) for the loss of the rag top.
 
I own a s1 elise. You just have to know your limits, hence to crash one It's usually driver error rather than the car. Unless of course it's wet, then you need to be the stig!

Best way to avoid the lift off oversteer is to always keep a little power on. The elise responds badly to bad driving and with no 'toys' to keep you safe you tend to quickly learn how to drive a car properly.

I wouldn't swap it for anything. It's a summer weekend toy which always puts a smile on your face.

An exige would be nice but I dont mind sacrificing a little handling (due to extra aero) for the loss of the rag top.

The first crash was completely down to the cars breaks failing on him, one side gripped and the other didn't sending him into a spin, the driver pulling out in front of him on the duel lane as he was overtaking him didn't help either. He knew he'd balls'd up the second time, he basically went into roundabout too hot and lifted off causing the rear end to spin out. He's gutted he doesn't have one now mind, he loved taking it to France just to drive round loads. He went to Le Mans one weekend and ended up with about 6 or 7 other Elise owners flying through country lanes on their way to the race meeting.
 
This thread confuses me........

The lotus is not a bad car, i mean outside the tg challenge thing.......but the standard car with some work is solid not my car of choice much rather have one of them high hp lumbering beasts that will kill you as much as look at you, cause that is much more fun :P.
 
This thread confuses me........

The lotus is not a bad car, i mean outside the tg challenge thing.......but the standard car with some work is solid not my car of choice much rather have one of them high hp lumbering beasts that will kill you as much as look at you, cause that is much more fun :P.

Some of the fastest cars on the planet are light machines with a little bit less power than the super supercars, the Atom and the Caterham are two that spring immediately to mind. The Caparo (I like to set myself on fire at every available opportunity) T1 is another, although that has a a rather large amount of power as well as the lightness so not sure if I can count that one.
 
Edit: just did 1:08.595 with my R34 Skyline.

Yea, but was it a STANDING start?


I just found out the reason the car would go on 2 wheels was because of the stupid skid recovery froce, after I took it off it wouldnt anymore.

I hate how this game automatically assumes you want traction control and that skid recover force crap on everytime you buy a new car. Now I have to check for the last 10 cars that I bought if that stupid skid recovery thing is on them.
 
I have the 111R RM and it is sweet at only 309hp about 160 mph top speed but with great handling and acceleration even on sport tires.
 
Back