I have GT4. Is there any point in getting GT3?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
… and/or GT Concept, for that matter?

I feel like GT4 is a very complete game, but I’d be interested to know if these others do anything radically different or better? The only real complaints I’ve heard against 4 is that the tracksides seem ‘lifeless’ in comparison, which I don’t really care about. Is that all?

Sorry this kinda feels like it might be the wrong forum to ask this in… if there was a GT series general I’d have put it in there!

GT3 is very much worth getting! It doesn't have nearly as much content as GT4 however the overall quality of the game makes up for that. It's a very easy game to just pick up and play no matter your skill level.

GT Concept is a cool demo that basically is just GT3 but with mostly concept/new cars around 2002. There's only a few tracks but Autumn Ring shows up (which was absent from 3). You probably want to get the 2002 Tokyo-Geneva version of GT Concept since that one is the most complete of the three.

Last edited:
GT3 is a pretty different game to GT4, drives very differently too. Personally I really like how the game is structured, but I've seen some people that didn't like the long championships and the repetitive nature of the track selections. I'd say it's certainly worth getting, even better if you can play the US/JP releases because they have the extra F1 cars.

GT3 may not have a larger car list but the smaller car list feels more intimate and I like GT3's career mode better than 4. The one complaint I really have about GT3 is the limited track selection.

… and/or GT Concept, for that matter?

I feel like GT4 is a very complete game, but I’d be interested to know if these others do anything radically different or better? The only real complaints I’ve heard against 4 is that the tracksides seem ‘lifeless’ in comparison, which I don’t really care about. Is that all?

Sorry this kinda feels like it might be the wrong forum to ask this in… if there was a GT series general I’d have put it in there!
GT4 is a very complete game but GT3 is a lot of fun as well, with a huge GT-Mode. If you use a wheel it gets locked at 300 degrees for nice direct steering. It's more colourful than GT4. The Endurance races in both are brilliant.

Fair enough, I’m convinced. Cheers! I mean, for the peanuts you can pick it up for these days I simply may as well.

Speaking of wheels, can you recommend one that’s compatible with both PS2 and PS3?

Or perhaps more pertinent, one that’ll work with GT1 through 6?

Last edited:
GT Concept is worth it because it’s such a different, really well-focused experience. I wouldn’t say 3 is worth playing if you’ve already played 4 unless you’re really really curious about the tracks that didn’t make the cut like Smokey Mountain.

Thanks for the replies folks. Like I said earlier I’ve already bitten the bullet and bought both games, as well as a game called Enthusia for PS2.

Apart from checking that they still work I haven’t started playing them yet, as I’m waiting for my Logitech Driving Force wheel and pedals to arrive which I bought from Evilbay a couple of days ago.

I decided not to get the Pro version, because honestly I don’t like the look of that little gearstick on the back of it!

So I’m looking forward to getting my head down and blasting through these over the next few months, and then after that I’m going to start GT4 again and do it ‘properly’ this time, i.e not use the Capri Rally “money cheat”, and even maybe see if I can beat it by only using the prize cars.

Back