I have no confidence in braking in GTS - csl elite wheel

• Thread starter Hybrid461
  • 6 comments
Canada
Ottawa
Hello.

Been a casual sim racer for a number of years. I've been trying to get into GT sport but have a hell of a time getting my braking right. Some laps seem to be fine, others even though I'm using the same braking point, I slide way past the apex.

I've played with the ABS settings, keeping it on weak for the most part. I'm trying to avoid locking the wheels by lifting off the brake and so forth, but it's super particular.

Searching around a bit, I see some users apply the BRF setting in the wheel. I do not have this option in my CSL elite menu. I suspect it's because I'm using Clubsport v1 pedals. Fanatec states the BRF setting is for supported pedals only.

is there anything else I can try? either settings or technique wise?

If it matters, I notice this issue the most driving a WRX GR3 car on Interlagos.

You simply will not lock up with ABS: weak. Lifting on the brake pedal to avoid lockup is accomplishing nothing, and making your lap times worse. Set ABS to default and just give the brake pedal the beans until it's time to trail brake. You'll only experience lockup with ABS off completely.

You simply will not lock up with ABS: weak. Lifting on the brake pedal to avoid lockup is accomplishing nothing, and making your lap times worse. Set ABS to default and just give the brake pedal the beans until it's time to trail brake. You'll only experience lockup with ABS off completely.
You can lock up on ABS weak, tyre smoke and the rear end sliding or the front end washing out says so :)

Not sure if the wheel/s are stopped completely but that's not really the point.

Back