I havn't even played the game for an hour-

United States
United States
And already, I've got someone mad at me, lmao. **EDIT** Actually added the message, pardon my grammatical issues, I was typing with cold fingers.

Name shadowed out because im not like that, unlike him where he wanted to FB Live the whole convo apparently.

Anywho; Fisherman's Ranch (Great dirt track by the by) I was in a stock Lan Evo Finale Gr.B Rally and he was in an RCZ Gr.B Rally (And a third player but they were way behind also in a Lan Evo.) Racing blah blah blah, First lap pretty heated as I manage to squeeze into first from start with a few taps to my rear bumper, okay whatever. I keep the lead up to lap 4 where I got wiped by this same person and I assume it was an accident, alright whatever go on about my business and get neck and neck; where as finally I overtake on a straight leading into a corner, he kept hug on my rear bumper/quarter panel. So this dingaling decides it'd be a genius idea to overtake me on the inside of a sharp corner, and while doing so he smacks an edge for it. Race finishes,I come first place with the other two ~5-6 seconds behind me,I say the usual GR and leave the lobby.
Not even three minutes later he messages and all that nonsense happens.

Anyways;
TL;DR There's already kids like this, so do be careful who you meet, the salt is real lmao as they will try to report you and cost you your rep, thankfully I havnt climbed above E since I havnt played for more than an hour total.

(Apologies if this isnt the place to do it, I just figured it'd be a good example of a PSA to use)

The etiquette guide says not to overtake from the inside? Um, isn't that sort of the traditional place to overtake from? Driving round the outside of someone in real motorsport is rare and considered pretty ballsy, considering how easy it is for them to accidentally or "accidentally" run you wide.

The etiquette guide says not to overtake from the inside? Um, isn't that sort of the traditional place to overtake from? Driving round the outside of someone in real motorsport is rare and considered pretty ballsy, considering how easy it is for them to accidentally or "accidentally" run you wide.

It said from the inside as far as I heard and saw from the video itself, more-so the driving line type of inside where you're nearly forcing the racer out of they way.
Which i'll admit if im wrong; but they did clarify about pushing other players; and from my PoV, seems like his intentions.

Using other cars as brakes when you go on the inside, yes is wrong. Overtaking on the inside is probably >90% of the overtakes we see.

From what I read, he went for the first option and was in the wrong. Also the message is pointless and we'll always have those type of players among us. I'm just not sure why the need to open a thread. :)

Using other cars as brakes when you go on the inside, yes is wrong. Overtaking on the inside is probably >90% of the overtakes we see.

From what I read, he went for the first option and was in the wrong. Also the message is pointless and we'll always have those type of players among us. I'm just not sure why the need to open a thread. :)

This was one of those scenarios of.
"Oh, this lad's talkin out of his arse; people wont do that in my christian GT Game"
It's more to just back my point for those who doubt, which; I can guarantee there's those very few out there.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"So this dingaling decides it'd be a genius idea to overtake me on the inside of a sharp corner"

Sounds like a solid plan to me

I saw a stream of someone playing an online race and it was worst than a Forza 7 lobby. It was GT-Carmageddon edition.

I wonder if PD has had the same thought I did, which is to have the driver rating system gather data in Arcade Mode, Missions, etc. to more accurately place drivers when they do go online. Perhaps even take it a step further and rate a driver’s track knowledge based on how many times they have run on a particular track. Lack of track knowledge is a huge contributing factor when it comes to crashing into walls and whatnot.

I wonder if PD has had the same thought I did, which is to have the driver rating system gather data in Arcade Mode, Missions, etc. to more accurately place drivers when they do go online. Perhaps even take it a step further and rate a driver’s track knowledge based on how many times they have run on a particular track. Lack of track knowledge is a huge contributing factor when it comes to crashing into walls and whatnot.

I don't like this idea much.

The AI (at least in the demo) are horribly slow and I more often than not bump into them simply because they take corners so slowly... the Dragon Tail chicane... I'd never see a proper race in my life! haha

I don't like this idea much.

The AI (at least in the demo) are horribly slow and I more often than not bump into them simply because they take corners so slowly... the Dragon Tail chicane... I'd never see a proper race in my life! haha

This is true, early braking has been notorious from the AI.

Guys, it's 20 years of bad habits to forget. It's not going to happen for most users. The penalty for bad behavior is not harsh enough for the person doing it and it's too harsh for the victim. Even Iracing, it is still a cluster**** in the lower license. Mind you what I saw was just 1 lobby when the game just released.

Simples, don't allow people other than friends the ability to message you!

This.

"This isn't Forza" cracks me up.

Go play need for speed or mario kart are timeless ones as well.

Love some good arguing about racing lines, postions, blocking then rage quitting.

I've had a few go all Darin Ganji on me.

Back