I Just Discovered Awesome

  • Thread starter Thread starter jackman454
  • 9 comments
  • 2,489 views
Messages
76
Messages
needforspeed_u2
For all DFGT users

When I first started playing around with the wheel I could not feel any sort of under steer, the wheel should have gone light when the front wheels were overloaded, but the resistance remained the same.

But then, I tried turning on power assist in the options menu, and suddenly...
I could feel under steer!!!
It still is primitive compared to other Sims, but it makes using the wheel much more fun
Try it!
 
my DFGT only goes limp during understeer while i'm on snow. set to "simulation", FF is at 7 and no power steering.
 
my DFGT only goes limp during understeer while i'm on snow. set to "simulation", FF is at 7 and no power steering.

I know, i was driving on snow and thinking, "why does it go limp on snow"
Turning on power steering is like turning on under steer feel for some reason
try it in a fwd car on tarmac
 
I'm thinking if the steering has gone light, you've gone right past understeer and into full on plowing :)
 
What the power assisted-steering option does is cut the force feedback to the wheel whenever you put very sudden or forceful movements into the wheel. It has more to do with how hard you turn the wheel and doesn't have anything really to do with the grip of the physics model. It basically makes it easier for you to re-center the wheel when you're drifting or have unexpected oversteer.
 
my DFGT only goes limp during understeer while i'm on snow. set to "simulation", FF is at 7 and no power steering.

Do DFGT users not realize changing the "steering type" does nothing for the DFGT? Its only for the more primitive wheels.
 
Do DFGT users not realize changing the "steering type" does nothing for the DFGT? Its only for the more primitive wheels.

that's what i thought too. i was skeptical at first, but after a while i switched it and the main difference i noticed was while driving MR cars. much harder to correct oversteer once the "steering type" is changed...

then again, maybe it was just a placebo effect....
 
I would argue the placebo effect. You changed it so you convince yourself that it must behave differently. I just find it funny when someone lists their gt5 setup and they brag how they use simulation settings for their dfgt.
 
I noticed this effect back in prologue, been meaning to mess with it again in gt5 but have not got around to it.

I was speaking with a mate about this the other day and he said the feeling is pronounced with the t500 where it was not felt with his previous g25 and g27. There might be more to it then simply ffb releasing when you turn the wheel quickly.

....and they brag how they use simulation settings for their dfgt.

I don't think he was braging at all, weither you believe it makes a difference or not does not mater, but if one wants to simulate his experience it's nice to know exactly how everything is set.
 
Back