I just lost my saved game data.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Seismica
  • 9 comments
  • 3,541 views

Seismica

Premium
Messages
4,346
United Kingdom
Guisborough
Messages
GTP_Seismica
As the title says, I just lost my save game data.

I bought a new PS3 last week, and started playing GT5. I am now level 22 A-spec and level 8 B-spec. But, I have golded 4 out of the 6 licenses and finished a number of the specials events, aswell as gathering a large collection of cars. I also achieved a number of tropihes, including the finish within one hundredth, and the human stopwatch (3 consecutive laps within .2 of the fastest lap).

But today, I succeeded in connecting my PS3 to my university network (Which doesn't allow games consoles since about a month ago) by using my laptop to bridge the connection.

So I tried logging into my PSN account, only to find that my account is a sub-account (Because it was originally created when I was under 18) and it requires 'parental consent' from the master account on my brother's PS3 (And he doesn't remember the email he used to register). So scrap that idea, I decided to create a new account under GTP_Seismica.

...Only to find that my GT5 data has now been linked to my old PSN account (Despite not being able to log in), meaning I have to start over if I want to play online *at all*.




I 🤬 hate you Sony.
:mad::mad::mad: :banghead::banghead::banghead:

:(
 
so you didn't lost it, you just can't use it with the other account, it's not sony's fault that your brother doesn't remember the email he used
 
Sub-accounts do not have full functionality, so I would have had to make a new account regardless. Only, Sony don't allow sub-accounts to become master accounts. Sub-accounts have permenant age restrictions attached to them if they were made under the age of 18, despite what the DOB is. I've as good as lost my data because it's useless, as GT5 is all about online functionality if you haven't noticed, the offline mode is pathetic compared to GT4.

It was almost a gamebreaker for me. I've just started a new game and i've lost a weeks worth of gameplay (And when I say a week... I mean around 30-40 hours).
 
Last edited:
Seriously, 1 week? I have to agree with clockwork, that shouldn't take too long. I'd gift you a car if I wasn't having a 24h race right now.
 
GT5 has a scary yet sweet built-in Karma system. This is another one of the hundreds of threads of "I did something 'wrong' and lost my GT data." In your case, you bypassed your universities "no console online" policy.

Most of the time the GT gods only make people who "Duplicate" cars lose their data, but I guess the GT gods are increasing their turf.
 
Seriously, 1 week? I have to agree with clockwork, that shouldn't take too long. I'd gift you a car if I wasn't having a 24h race right now.

I wouldn't accept gifts, I want to get it all back myself :D
GT5 has a scary yet sweet built-in Karma system. This is another one of the hundreds of threads of "I did something 'wrong' and lost my GT data." In your case, you bypassed your universities "no console online" policy.

Most of the time the GT gods only make people who "Duplicate" cars lose their data, but I guess the GT gods are increasing their turf.

Indeed, but to be fair, I am paying to the university what I would be paying to a regular ISP for internet services (Included in my rent) so technically they have no right to block gaming devices when people are still allowed to stream high definition video for example.
 
Last edited:
Please... no flames.

Sucks to have lost that work. Seasonals will give you money and levels to start off quickly... but redoing those licenses and specials will be a pain.

BTW, haven't seen you in here for a long time.
 
I feel you man! I had the same thing happen to me couple weeks ago. I was so upset I had to take a good week off before I even felt like driving the starter events again. Although when I did start playing again I geeked out and in one weekend I leveled up to 18. lol I actually avoided a lot of the previous cars I bought too, so I saved a ton of cash.

I hate to think of all the other games I cant just put in and play where I left off :( Oh well lol
 
Sucks to have lost that work. Seasonals will give you money and levels to start off quickly... but redoing those licenses and specials will be a pain.

BTW, haven't seen you in here for a long time.

Thanks, i'll have a go at the seasonal events tomorrow, from what I hear they can be quite challenging if you don't go with an overkill car.

I've been around, just haven't posted much. I've been busy with uni work and wasn't able to get GT5 on release so there wasn't really much point being around here, but now i'm back :) This time i'll hopefully be getting involved in the WRS, as I wasn't with Prologue (Due to not owning my own PS3).

p.s. sorry for the flames.

I feel you man! I had the same thing happen to me couple weeks ago. I was so upset I had to take a good week off before I even felt like driving the starter events again. Although when I did start playing again I geeked out and in one weekend I leveled up to 18. lol I actually avoided a lot of the previous cars I bought too, so I saved a ton of cash.

I hate to think of all the other games I cant just put in and play where I left off :( Oh well lol

Aye, I've lost my Resi 5 saved data aswell, I had it on my memory stick but it's also linked to my old account. I had almost platinumed that game too (If platinumed is even a word - it should be).
 
Oh, wasn't talking to you about flames (but please don't respond to people)... it's just that every time someone complains about something, someone else is bound to say "quit whining/crying/etcetera", even if you do have a legitimate problem.

Try to catch the Season 4 events. The Golf one can be done with tires... shouldn't take too long to get a good Golf and get the money from that one. After that, it's an easy buy-win-buy-win-buy-win cycle (i-Miev easiest, C30, strangely, toughest with a stock car).
 
Back