I just realized I passed 20 years on this forum

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 5 comments

Populuxe

シアトル買い出し紀行
Premium
United States
Seattle-ish
I started under the screen name Martialstax on July 28, 2003. I was active on the GT4, 5 and Tourist Trophy threads. It’s kinda nostalgic looking back on that old low rez avatar of Alpha from my favorite manga ヨコハマ買い出し紀行 “Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.”

In 2011 I bought an Xbox 360 and Forza Motorsport 3 and then FM4 when it came out a few months later. GTP started a sister site, forzaplanet.net. I signed up for that site under my current screen name. I can’t remember why I used a different screen name. I guess I looked at it as two sites, two consoles, two game franchises, so two screen names. When the two sites were merged, I continued to use this screen name. Other than a single post in 2012, my last post as Martialstax was in 2010.

This has pretty much been my home on the internet for the last two decades. Thank you to everyone, past and present, for making this a place I want to hang out every day.

I always thought we should have indicators for continuous years spent on forum, like Galaga stage counters, since GT doesn't have anything like it.

galaga_stage_indicators.jpg

Last edited:
👏 Congrats 👏

That's a big deal and it's a testament to the non toxic atmosphere they have created (and protected) here.

I'm a sucker for nostalgia so this is really cool.

BTW, what are you playing and on what platform?

BTW, what are you playing and on what platform?
Right now it’s pretty exclusively Forza Horizon and GTA Online on the XBox Series S. I haven’t bought a new PlayStation since my PS3, and I don’t have a PC. Not even a laptop. I use an iPad instead.

Back