I just worked out something!

• Thread starter Shannon
  • 12 comments
Don't you just hate it when your car reaches top speed, drops down a couple of kph/mph, goes back up to top speed, drops back down and so on and the AI ends up getting you?

Well, I was mucking around with the settings of one of my cars before doing one of the manufacturer events. You will need a 'Fully Customiseable' gearbox for this...or at least that's what I buy. When in the settings, press L1 to switch from the changing parts section to the changing settings section. Go down to the gear section and take the Auto Setup slider right to the right. Now should get amuch better top speed and none of that dropping down and boosting back up crap.

Example: I could only get about 349kph/218mph out of the HKS Drag 180SX before I done this trick and it kept doing that dropping down -- boosting back up crap. When I done the trick I got 408kph/255mph out of it!

Got my 180 dragster to 286mph. Ride height as low as possible, aerodynamics (wings) as low as possible, auto gears setup up to 30, and super softs all round (dunno if this helps, though).

I'm pretty sure it could go faster. 300mph? Maybe, one day...

you have 5k posts and only now did you figure out how to change gearing?

what were the rest of the 4999 posts about?

just bust'n yer balls man :cheers:

Oh......btw, when the engine's revs get bumped down a little and you lose some speed......that's called a "Rev Limiter", it's part of the ignition system that cuts out the spark to one of the engines cylinders to prevent it from over revings and breaking rods or springs in the valvetrain.

It's called lowering your rearend. If you have ever heard somone says they run a 4/11 rearend they are talking about the gears that drive the axel. A 4/11 or 4 to 11 ratio. The #11 gear turns 11 times to make the #4 gear Which is your axel rotate 4 times. Average street cars are around 2/9something. A 4/11s top speed is less than a 2/9s but it can reach that top speed faster.

Back