I keep getting booted out of the lobby and back to the menu

• Thread starter MDJCM
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
It keeps happening and it's really annoying.

Daily races. Regular PS4. Game up to date. Wifi connection.

I enter the race, it goes to the screen that shows who you've been matched with:

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 19.09.04.png

It says waiting for players to finish joining, then with no input, I get sent back to the Races selection screen:

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 19.10.03.png

Then I lose half hour of my life until the next race. This happens repeatedly.

I think the worst part is the game doesn't even attempt to explain what just happened. If a pop-up message at least gave me an error code or told me what went wrong.

My searches don't lead to lots of hits so I'm not sure this is a very common problem. When the game does connect, I can race just fine, and my connection is never worse than 3 bars.

-

Video capture of it happening:

Example 1.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c3krltl7c...ed out of session, no explanation 1b.mp4?dl=0

Example 2.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1e6im02w2...ked out of session, no explanation 2.mp4?dl=0

Last edited:
This has happened to be as well. What I found that worked best (for me) is to clear the temp data cache found in the settings menu. A restart of the game after that has resolved the issue.

Yup, happens to me too. If I restart after each race though, it won't happen - but damn it's annoying to have to restart.

Ok thanks, helps me to know it's not something specific to my connection. Hasn't happened since I posted this. I'll report back if it does.

Have any if you ever cleared the temp data? I get disconnected like once a month- if that. Like I said above, clear it and it should help a great deal.

I've cleared the temp data several times with no effect. Sometimes GTS let's me race a few daily races, sometimes i get a kickout after just 2 dailys...Only thing that helped me is a restart of GTS.

It's a shame that there is no Support option at Polyphony.

Back