I know duplicating is bad, but cant you all suck it up?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigMackAttack
  • 18 comments
  • 1,209 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
711
United States
Springfield, Missouri
Messages
brettfavre26
I am a huge fan of earning your way through a game, but duplicating has come through and many people arent earning their cars. But some people are so hell bent against it this is sounds like their personal mission statement. I know it "degrades your cars value" and "ruins online", but have any of you ever owned a Pokemon game?

The long term grinding is much worse, but the level 100 makes it all the better. The "rare cars" of that game are alternate color pokemon, legendary pokemon, and just rare pokemon. You work so hard, you spend months, until you have a level 100 (or 2 or 3). You are so proud, but then you go to a friend's house. He has all of your pokemon, level 100, alternate color, and super stats with a few presses of a hacking machine. And all p2p and online battles are like this too, all super pokemon aquired with no effort. But, yoou are still proud of your achievement and your pokemon.

This is my story, the story of my little brother, and some of his friends at school. Even my high school friends have this story (it seems everyone owned pokemon, and is ashamed to speak about it). If little bratty 7 year olds can stand for this, how came you grown men can't?
 
Why so antagonistic OP? Also, I love pokemon so much.
 
it works both ways. Why can't you duping people just suck it up and play the game how it's supposed to be played? Why are you so hell bent on completing the game by not playing the game? 👎

Dupers are in the wrong, period. It's an exploit and that's that. The fact that you are resorting to pokemon to justify yourself explains a whole lot to me about the maturity level of you bunch.
 
it works both ways. Why can't you duping people just suck it up and play the game how it's supposed to be played? Why are you so hell bent on completing the game by not playing the game? 👎

Dupers are in the wrong, period. It's an exploit and that's that. The fact that you are resorting to pokemon to justify yourself explains a whole lot to me about the maturity level of you bunch.

It's for fun period, so you have nothing to say.
 
it works both ways. Why can't you duping people just suck it up and play the game how it's supposed to be played? Why are you so hell bent on completing the game by not playing the game? 👎

Dupers are in the wrong, period. It's an exploit and that's that. The fact that you are resorting to pokemon to justify yourself explains a whole lot to me about the maturity level of you bunch.

Whoa........ Hasty Generalization much? You pretty much just said "All people that play pokemon are Immature" Thats one of the worst Logical Fallacies you can make!

And "You People"? Im just saying is it worth it to complain? Dont imply all dupers are me and I am all dupers. You get the rarest thing in the universe- To be alive AND a human being. How about you take advantage of the 80 years you have, stop complaining, and enjoy them!
 
I also use god mode on some games. I'm a bad, bad person.
 
it works both ways. Why can't you duping people just suck it up and play the game how it's supposed to be played? Why are you so hell bent on completing the game by not playing the game? 👎

Dupers are in the wrong, period. It's an exploit and that's that. The fact that you are resorting to pokemon to justify yourself explains a whole lot to me about the maturity level of you bunch.

Wow dude you probably dont know anything about pokemon. You don't see me making fun of the immaturity of your stupid name. Enzo Duder? Seriously?

Don't make fun of stuff you don't know anything about, it just makes you look silly.

Also ad homenims are for toolboxes.

Also using immaturity as an insult is a sign of immaturity.
 
Is this something which couldn't be posted in one of the other billion threads about duping......
 
Is this something which couldn't be posted in one of the other billion threads about duping......

Yes im so sorry i ruined your life by making a new thread. Im trying to make a point, and convince people being angry is being silly(on this subject), not make a post in a random thread that will never be read.
 
Yes im so sorry i ruined your life by making a new thread. Im trying to make a point, and convince people being angry is being silly(on this subject), not make a post in a random thread that will never be read.

But you're obviously also angry, or else why make a thread? And why be all snarkish and suchlike?

Everyone is angry! Especially me.

I love this thread.
 
And all p2p and online battles are like this too, all super pokemon aquired with no effort. But, yoou are still proud of your achievement and your pokemon.

I rarely played Contra without using the 30 lives cheat... everyone I knew played it with the 30 lives cheat...

Not one drop of respect was lost for those who beat the game with only 3 lives.
 
I cant believe you took a break from duping to make this thread.
 
If it didn't effect online in any way, I wouldn't care, but it does. If there was an arcade mode that had all the cars available for offline non-gt mode play, I wouldn't care. If there was no gifting but trading instead, I wouldn't care. There's no 'cool factor' to going in to ssr7 and seeing an fgt or even an x2010 anymore. I don't have one, i'm lvl 18 with a yellow enzo as the most expensive thing I've purchased.

But whatever, keep fighting for your right to cheat :indiff:
 
You can have the best cars in the game but you still have to drive them so it doesn't affect online at all.
 
If it didn't effect online in any way, I wouldn't care, but it does. If there was an arcade mode that had all the cars available for offline non-gt mode play, I wouldn't care. If there was no gifting but trading instead, I wouldn't care. There's no 'cool factor' to going in to ssr7 and seeing an fgt or even an x2010 anymore. I don't have one, i'm lvl 18 with a yellow enzo as the most expensive thing I've purchased.

But whatever, keep fighting for your right to cheat :indiff:

Well, im sorry the game isnt cool anymore. Why can't anyone have an opinion here against the general gtp public?

Well, if you think dupers are the cancer of society, then make it your mission to defeat them online. Im sorry we all dont have the time you do to get the elusive GT LM Test Car or a X1(The grind/time trials would drive me insane).
 
I don't see why those of you that are against it, just can't cap the HP on you own daggum rooms... It's not really that serious, let people play the way they want.

I for example don't like online all that much, but i do like taking pictures of the Premium cars... and if I have to dupe a few California's to do it, then damn it that's what I'm gonna do, who the hell are ya'll to tell me how I should play what I spent my $60 on?
 
I don't see why those of you that are against it, just can't cap the HP on you own daggum rooms... It's not really that serious, let people play the way they want.

I for example don't like online all that much, but i do like taking pictures of the Premium cars... and if I have to dupe a few California's to do it, then damn it that's what I'm gonna do, who the hell are ya'll to tell me how I should play what I spent my $60 on?

👍👍👍👍
exactly, Ill agree with the anti-dupers it does take away from the feelings of achievement. I don't look for achievment from my ps3, I get that from my paycheck and in three more semesters a bachelors degree.

When i come home and tap that PS3 symbol on the controller it doesn't matter if im duping, birthday cheating, or gamesharking. I spent my money on it, its mine, and i have fun with it.
 
What if there was no cheating possible in this game then? Would you have sold it back already?
 
As has been said, repeatedly, in the numerous threads daily on the subject: users can play their games however they want to play them. Nobody has authority to tell them its right or wrong.

We had duplication in previous GT's, and we had hybrids too, which would be far more worthy of outcries of "it's not fair". Talk of "earning" means very little in GT5, a game where every car (bar the carbon X1) is available not based on skill of the player, but just time invested in sending their B-Spec drones around a track.

GTP doesn't take a stance, one way or the other, on duplicating cars in GT5. What we don't need, are duplicated threads. There's at least a thread daily about this same tired argument. Use one of those.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back