I know why...

United Kingdom
Merseyside, UK
Hey guys, I think I know why GT PSP is not quite what I expected:

Have you ever noticed something like the number of cars in the previous GT games:

GT1: 178 cars

GT2: 780 Cars

GT3: 190+ Cars

GT4: About 700 Cars

GT PSP: 830 Cars

GT5: 1031 Cars

GT1 and GT2 were for the PS1, with GT2 being significantly better than GT1, and also the same thing in terms of GT3 and GT4 for the PS2.

PD was playing around with an entirely new console as far as GT1, GT3, GT PSP, and GT5 are concerned. So maybe they are just experimenting before breaking out the big guns.

Hope this helped,

Petrolhead1:)

But you theory would only help if they were going to make GT PSP 2 (or something like that). I don't think they will. If they are going to make another portable version it will be for the PSVita, so it will be a new experiment again. I guess we will have to wait for GT Vita 2 to see if you are right...

GT Vita, it sort of rolls of the tongue... maybe I should trademark it.

They promised Gran Turismo 4 for the PSP when the PSP was first released in 2005/6. They just ported GT4, added a few cars and removed a few features and shipped it out 3 years later. I wouldn't be holding my breath for a GT PSP2. Maybe for the PSVita though

They promised Gran Turismo 4 for the PSP when the PSP was first released in 2005/6. They just ported GT4, added a few cars and removed a few features and shipped it out 3 years later. I wouldn't be holding my breath for a GT PSP2. Maybe for the PSVita though

Well, maybe there will be a GT NGP:idea:

^console NGP is now officially known as PSVita. So, it'll be called GTVita. Sounds alot better than GT NGP, don't you think?

I still play GTpsp every day since its release. Yes I do have GT5. But I think GTpsp plays better. It feels more finished than GT5.

I do stick to the Nordschleife with a fine selection of cars.

I hope PD does make a GT for PS Vita :)

I still play GTpsp every day since its release. Yes I do have GT5. But I think GTpsp plays better. It feels more finished than GT5.

GT5 does in fact disregard the standard models' rendering but it does not mean it is unfinished. The core game of GT5 is online racing and adjusting to the ONLINE METAGAME of how to race properly against humans. How they think and how they react against each other drivers. Try having a 1 on 1 battle in Nurburgring (Night-Day-Night) race. Equally skilled, Similar Cars...and after 2 laps using the cockpit view...you will definitely feel GT5 is the better game. You can never feel that RUSH in GTPSP even playing against your friend on ADHOC.

GTPSP on the other hand basically focuses on the cars itself. Not the events. Not the Championships, endurances, Money, Time management...GT Life, that is. GTPSP made me better at Time Attacks using the Professional Physics mode but, AI opponents(zombie drivers) in Single Races does not help in making us a better driver.

Sure GT5 is good, but in my opinion it has too many bugs or ill designed features.

Personally I was very angry about my savegame being lost or useless anyway when my old fat ps3 died. I had to restart from scratch.

Last weekend I managed to get silver in the Sebastian Loeb Eigernordwand challenge. While the game tried to save, it hung itself. It appears to be a known issue in GT5 1.10.

I never had such failures with GTPSP.

The weather effects are just poor compared to Dirt3 or F1 2010.

But hey to each its own.

I actually just started drifting in GTpsp. Major fun and rewarding if done right.

Latest Posts

Back