I like to keep the sticky side down

• Thread starter drew3rdof3
  • 1 comments
drew3rdof3
Howdy,

GT5 is the first in the Gran Turismo series that I own. I play a lot of different types of games; FPS and TPS shooters, RPGs, RTS, and not sure what category to put some of my others in. GT5 is actually the first driving game for the PS3 that I like and have put any significant amount of time in. I play GT5 with Logitech's older Driving Force that was made for GT4. Why I have it and not GT4 is another story. The other games I play are not a secret, but I can go on and on.

My PS3 came with a racing game, but I started playing online and joined a PS3 clan because it was for older, not necessarily mature, people that enjoy gaming while acknowledging that real life takes priority.

I am a senior PCB Layout Designer and was a full time employee a few years back. I think I went in the third round of layoffs. Though I am looking for full time employment, I get the occasional contract job. The company that laid me off gives me most of my work. I frequently get worried about money, for no reason sometimes, and imagine that I will have to go flip burgers or greet people soon. Oh yeah, I am ever the optimist.

I do like myth-busting, researching and helping people. I love a good joke, trying to make people laugh and have a dry sense of humor that is very comfortable in the gutter. I have lots of opinions and enjoy stirring the pot in real life, though I make a great effort every day to keep that to a minimum. It is not funny to people that are not in on the joke.

Even though I am born and bred USA, I usually sign off with "Cheers!" because everyone else uses "Regards", "Sincerely", etc. Because of GT5, I started using "sticky side down," as my sign-off when things are not work related. The quote started as an industry wide reference in PCB Layout when tape on mylar was used. That's before computers. Actually, I never used tape on mylar so it is before I started my career in PCB Layout. However when I started riding, I thought it was cool to say when leaving a fellow motorcycle rider as a "be safe" type of goodbye, meaning; keep the tires on the road. So now that GT5 has become a current favorite of mine,..

So much for keeping this short. Thank you for reading.

sticky side down,
Drew

Back