I lost all of my cars, money, XP.

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by baxenko, Feb 14, 2020.

1. baxenko

baxenko

2. ringkurier

ringkurier

Reminds of my divorce...

Have you tried to make a race, get your DWG? Maybe this will get your data back.

3. Alex p.

Alex p.

Contact PD and Sony. I hope you'll get it all back!

x5abotagex86 likes this.
  4. baxenko

baxenko

No :guilty:
    can tell me email support PD?

5. Alex p.

Alex p.

No idea sorry.

6. Famine

Famine Administrator

The moment you clicked through the notifications (first that your local save could not be found, then would you like to use the remote save, then would you like to start a new game), your data was gone.

CTznOfTime likes this.
  7. urmie

urmie

PD doesn't have direct contact nor any support set up like every other racing game has, which in 2020 is still quite unbelievable. The official Playstation forums seems to be the only place for all Sony first party games "support" and the forums there are also of no help and community driven.

https://support.playstation.com/s/?language=en_US

I think you can do chat support (not sure where and if it depends on your region) but the helpdesk are not experts on the games, they just provide general support. This happened to me a long time ago and I was pretty angry that no support system was in place. Problem is on there server side corrupting online game saves, I guess PD still have never addressed that after all this time.

CTznOfTime and Alex p. like this.
  8. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Sounds like OP got divorced.

CTznOfTime and darioL like this.
  9. prescription7

prescription7

This just happened to me. If the only option is starting over from nothing I might be done with GTS

CTznOfTime likes this.
  10. 05XR8

05XR8

Well, if you have the time, won't take you long to accumulate that back. And you don't need to grind.

Did you purchase the Lewis Hamilton DLC? If so, depending on your skill level, you can Gokd that in about an hour. That's 30mil Cr.iF you don't have much time, Completing Circuit Experience nets about 6mil Cr. This will also get you to about Level 15. You also wind up with 36 cars.

From there, you can do quick Gr.3 races for Exp, to get you to Level 20 and start entering Gr.2 and GR.1 races. Just clear each race with Clean Race Bonus and you'll rapidly get back up to Level 30.

CTznOfTime likes this.
  11. prescription7

prescription7

this is a pretty good strategy, although it would take me a month to gold the LH challenges :lol:. And with my new game save I'll have the knowledge that it could corrupt itself at any point at random :banghead:

x5abotagex86 and CTznOfTime like this.
  12. 05XR8

05XR8

That's not cool. However, you also have the knowledge and experience, of how to navigate the game, to get what you want out of it. ;)

13. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

Unless I am wrong (and I hope I am wrong)

Technically, if our game save file on PD server is the main one, and if it goes corrupt, we don't have much choice and whether we click through the notifications OR NOT, the data is long gone... Don't you agree?!

14. Famine

Famine Administrator

It isn't - but then neither is the local one.

15. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

Ok, so it we ever see that notification, the thing to do is just to shut everything down righaway, then play offline only, if we don't want to lose our progress?

Because from that point on, no matter what, whenever we want to access online, pD server will always want to override our local game save data file with their non corrupt but reset data ?

16. Famine

Famine Administrator

No, you should be able to restore an earlier, backed up local save, so long as you do it before accepting when the game asks if you want to use to remote save.

05XR8, x5abotagex86 and CTznOfTime like this.
  17. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

Just to be clear, the remote save you are referring to is the back up game save file you would have if you uploaded it as a back up onto PSN plus, if you are a member, right?

18. Famine

Famine Administrator

No, that's a cloud save, which is a back-up of your local save. The remote save is the one PD has on its servers.

CTznOfTime likes this.