I love Gt7 but hate somethings about it

• Thread starter Asuna Unko
  • 14 comments
South Africa
South Africa
Ok as I said, I love Gt7 however there are certain things about it that annoy me quite alot

Please note I'm typing this fast because I wanna go to sleep so if you couldn't understand some stuff or it just didn't make complete sense please feel welcome to comment.

1. I hate the way counsteering assistance is on controller:
I understand that to accomadate younger/inexperienced/dissabled drivers there's assist settings however even if you turn off counsteering assistance the game still countersteers for you if this doesn't happen to you then maybe it's a bug but It annoys me because whenever you exit a corner and it oversteers the game tries to correct it and but it doesn't correct it enough so you try to correct it yourself but then as you do it you overcorrect and the car spins out anyway.

2.how underused road cars are in the online racing:
I come to play Gran turismo mainly for the road cars and I want to race my tuned road cars competitively however what they focus on mainly are gr.3, gr.4 cars and sometimes f1 cars but when they use road cars it's stock road cars on 'neutral tracks'(what I mean by neutral is that(I'm gonna use touge as an example) on a downhill touge it's better to use light cars but on an uphill it's better to use higher horsepower cars) and I understand that this is to make it fair to all players but I would like to race the road cars that I tuned competitively and it's not like I can't completely but let me give an example and you tell me what will win:

A average driver in a 250 hp ae86 that weighs 825kg or a average driver in a 322hp r32 that weighs 1 200kg with similar gear ratios on most of the circuit tracks with tire wear turned on

Now I'm not saying that the r32 is gonna win all the time but it's definitely got the higher chance of winning however if it were on a downhill touge the ae86 would have a much higher chance of winning

I couldn't put much of this into the right words so please email if it didn't make sense

3. The fact that there's no proper timed rally(this kind of speaks for itself so I'm not gonna elaborate further)

4. the lack of tracks since gt sport:
I'm gonna type this faster since it's the last one and I wanna sleep so please correct me if I'm wrong on some of the stuff

Since gtsport we haven't gotten much new tracks we've only gotten 4 or 5 if you count apricot hill which is coming later in the year but other than those it's all just circuits

Also sorry for the rushed and abrupt ending but I must say have a great rest of your day/night and week

Bye bye

Last edited by a moderator:
I Love GT7, it should be the Best race gaming. But this game is not comlited right now. It has so big potential, but hides it from player. For example Kaz can add 200-300 great events using only Custom race intsrface. Custom races have good ballance. If Kaz Just copy events from previous GT games and make normal prizes for win, it would solve the main problem of the game - grinding on the same track for 200-300 hours.
It seems like Kaz Dreams to add interesting original events and missions, but 3-9 tracks with 100-200k every month can't fix grind problem.

GT7 makes everything to be maximum boring game, and only big fans can see opportunity for fan. The most player won't play after Cafe Mode finish. Does Kaz want that? Make more fun, plz.

I will grind for all cars (only 10 cars left), and return to custom races. I don't believe that Kaz want to listen to GT fans anymore. He thinks that people shouldn't grind for 300 hours, but he must understand that some people want to race by many cars, not common 80-100 cars after Cafe missions finish. So grinding is the only way to get this opportunity. And all my memories are like i fall to sleep grinding, cos i grind for 5 hours every day

Last edited:
  • With a view from the roof, there is no rear-view mirror. Why?
  • There is no ray tracing in the game.
  • No VR support.
  • No PC game.
  • No visual damage.
  • Collisions are unrealistic.
  • You can't change the HUD.
  • There are very few options for changing the camera.

Last edited:
I love GT7. I have not started complaining, as I am pretty sure the game will improve in years to come. Please don't let me down, Mr. Kaz Yamauchi.
I applaud you for being willing to wait years, I like the game but it has many flaws which seem to centre around exploiting players to generate continuous revenue and they aren’t that good at it so every one is suffering at the moment.

If they were good at it they would be promoting and then releasing value for money content which players agree is worth paying money for or they don’t agree and can keep playing with no detriment to their experience. That’s not where we are at right now.

Ok as I said, I love Gt7 however there are certain things about it that annoy me quite alot
Bye bye
You must have hated the first couple of license tests, because the contained...

Csi Miami Sunglasses GIF

... a full stop.

Please note I'm typing this fast because I wanna go to sleep so if you couldn't understand some stuff or it just didn't make complete sense please feel welcome to comment.

I understand that to accomadate younger/inexperienced/dissabled drivers there's assist settings however even if you turn off counsteering assistance the game still countersteers for you if this doesn't happen to you then maybe it's a bug but It annoys me because whenever you exit a corner and it oversteers the game tries to correct it and but it doesn't correct it enough so you try to correct it yourself but then as you do it you overcorrect and the car spins out anyway.

I come to play Gran turismo mainly for the road cars and I want to race my tuned road cars competitively however what they focus on mainly are gr.3, gr.4 cars and sometimes f1 cars but when they use road cars it's stock road cars on 'neutral tracks'(what I mean by neutral is that(I'm gonna use touge as an example) on a downhill touge it's better to use light cars but on an uphill it's better to use higher horsepower cars) and I understand that this is to make it fair to all players but I would like to race the road cars that I tuned competitively and it's not like I can't completely but let me give an example and you tell me what will win:

A average driver in a 250 hp ae86 that weighs 825kg or a average driver in a 322hp r32 that weighs 1 200kg with similar gear ratios on most of the circuit tracks with tire wear turned on

Now I'm not saying that the r32 is gonna win all the time but it's definitely got the higher chance of winning however if it were on a downhill touge the ae86 would have a much higher chance of winning

I couldn't put much of this into the right words so please email if it didn't make sense

3. The fact that there's no proper timed rally(this kind of speaks for itself so I'm not gonna elaborate further)

I'm gonna type this faster since it's the last one and I wanna sleep so please correct me if I'm wrong on some of the stuff

Since gtsport we haven't gotten much new tracks we've only gotten 4 or 5 if you count apricot hill which is coming later in the year but other than those it's all just circuits

Also sorry for the rushed and abrupt ending but I must say have a great rest of your day/night and week

Bye bye
Myself and two other friends choose the same car or car with same performance points and tyres. Most of the time we drive stock street cars, the older ones. But of course people come into a room of three people running an old 240z and they grab an Indy car. Why? Maybe they just love driving around a track by themselves? Lol. I just figure these drivers must be kids or people that just have to win.

I come to play Gran turismo mainly for the road cars and I want to race my tuned road cars competitively however what they focus on mainly are gr.3, gr.4 cars...
PD tried letting people use road cars that they'd tuned, however a lot of people had issue with this due to not knowing how to tune or others finding tuning exploits, resulting in a lot of people simply not being able to compete. As such, PD listened to the complaints, removed tuning and made every race BoP.

Last edited:
I applaud you for being willing to wait years, I like the game but it has many flaws which seem to centre around exploiting players to generate continuous revenue and they aren’t that good at it so every one is suffering at the moment.

If they were good at it they would be promoting and then releasing value for money content which players agree is worth paying money for or they don’t agree and can keep playing with no detriment to their experience. That’s not where we are at right now.
I am crossing my fingers.

If we divides future improvements into features and fixes, I am pretty sure more features will come, and many problems will be fixed. In my experience of playing racing games, for example, Real Racing 3 on mobile, there were new tracks, cars, racing types ... been added. (Maybe RR3 is not a very good example, as the money model is quite broken ;-(

To me, if GT7 keeps:

• adding more tracks
  • adding more cars
  • adding more cafe tasks
  • adding support for more direct-drive wheels

I am happy.

PD tried letting people use road cars that they'd tuned, however a lot of people had issue with this due to not knowing how to tune or others finding tuning exploits, resulting in a lot of people simply not being able to compete. As such, PD listened to the complaints, removed tuning and made every race BoP.
I really really wish they’d display which tires you have on your car currently in the garage. They can show if you fav’d the car or if it was a gift car, but they can’t show the tire type? For me that would help a lot. I constantly have to type in the chat the pp we are running and the tire type. We like to run the same track for about four races before going to a new one, we hate having to set parameters up and start a new room every single time. Not being able to change the lobby parameters is a pain in the butt. I get not being able to change the track and weather and name but why not laps and everything else?

Bye bye
1. Have you ever driven a car in real life and the rear steps out on you? If you let go of the wheel, the motion will yank the wheel in the opposite direction, just like in GT7. If you keep the wheel turned (or pressure on the stick if playing with controller), the game does not countersteer with the assist off.

2. Initial D is not real life.

3. "Timed rally," if you're referring to what I think you are (where the goal is to reach point X on time, not faster or slower), has never been in Gran Turismo.

4. Yeah, the track list is missing some of the classics, and some famous real world circuits as well. It has been discussed ad nauseum.

One of my biggest issues during the single-player career mode is, that the majority of the races, the format-wise are similar to Ridge Racer & Daytona USA where players start from the back of the pack and overtake opponents one by one before taking the checkered flag.

Edit: Oh well we have to take several months for Polyphony Digital to fix this game and I'm still demanding the online DRM to be removed.

Last edited:
1. Have you ever driven a car in real life and the rear steps out on you? If you let go of the wheel, the motion will yank the wheel in the opposite direction, just like in GT7. If you keep the wheel turned (or pressure on the stick if playing with controller), the game does not countersteer with the assist off.

2. Initial D is not real life.

3. "Timed rally," if you're referring to what I think you are (where the goal is to reach point X on time, not faster or slower), has never been in Gran Turismo.

4. Yeah, the track list is missing some of the classics, and some famous real world circuits as well. It has been discussed ad nauseum.
Hi, thanks for honestly valid criticism I was originally going to explain some of what I meant with each point in better detail but I can't really explain what I mean but I am appreciative of the criticism, thanks

Edit: sorry I am at least going to correct what I meant by timed rally: normal rally on a public road where they time you against either AI or friends kind of like dirt rally 2.0

Double edit:
Initial D comment tickled me☺️

Last edited:
Back