I love Rally races, but why?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LR-MR-Cole
  • 2 comments
  • 683 views
Messages
499
Messages
LR-MR-Cole
When I want to do a rally race against other racers besides going online you can do one in arcade mode. So why when you choose to do a rally event they choose opponents like an Alfa 8C or a Ruf RGT these are not rally cars and I was using a Evo VI T.M edition now thats more like a rally car if you ask me. Does anyone know why they choose such weird opponents? Is there a way to choose who you race? And if not you should be able to.
 
I don't think you can choose your opponents. I did an arcade race with the 8C at Nurburg GP/F or whatever and it was just a ton of Citroen GTs. I guess the idea was that I could beat the hell out of them in corners but they beat the hell out of me on straights. Arcade is just...strange...and certainly not well balanced.
 
Experienced this too. GT5 picks cars for the AI's pretty badly. Is your car tuned? Maybe that's why. And if you play on Professional difficulty then the whole opposition is a tier above you. Like if you ran your Evo VI fully-stock on that difficulty level then you're gonna see cars such as the Esprit Sport 350, Challenger SRT8, GranTurismo S, among others.

The AI's are slow, the car choice just made them level with you. All I'm wondering is how the cars are chosen. Based on PP? Maybe.
 
Back