I Love The Wheel + 1st Person Driving Experience, BUT 3rd Person and DS3...

  • Thread starter Thread starter SS_1182
  • 11 comments
  • 1,497 views
Messages
1,173
Messages
user27564
It's a lot of fun in its own right. I can't drive nearly as well with the DS3 or in 3rd person, but something about seeing the whole car and using a controller just makes for a fun experience. I've tried 3rd person with my DFGT, but I just can't get into it the same way. 1st person with the controller feels wrong too. I love putting away the wheel now and then for some DS3 and 3rd person, full car view. Anybody with me?
 
Ahh, the good old days of chase cam. Used to be the only way I could drive a car in games.
Good fun every once in a while
 
Ahh, the good old days of chase cam. Used to be the only way I could drive a car in games.
Good fun every once in a while

I don't have a wheel and I almost always use the chase cam... it seems to correlate with the feel of the contorller the best. The hood cam isnt too bad either. I'm sure if I had a wheel I would love the cockpit view... maybe someday i'll get one, but right now i just dont have the space to set up a seat.
 
I'd use the chase cam more if it wasn't so static/stuck to the car. It makes it feel wierd.

I'm sure in earlier gameplay videos the camera let the car turn more before following round.
 
It's just a psychological thing, probably because you have a broader viewpoint, but for me it's like the game goes slower when playing with chase cam. This isn't always a bad thing, for races that are hard, it seems that I do better with chase cam.

But there is no doubt that I think bumper cam is the most fun.
 
I'd use the chase cam more if it wasn't so static/stuck to the car. It makes it feel wierd.

I'm sure in earlier gameplay videos the camera let the car turn more before following round.

Yeah, it's quite different from how the chase cam works in most other racers.
 
I just recently bought a wheel and the only way I can play now is in bumper, roof, or cockpit view, but not in 3rd person anymore. It's weird that we're experiencing the same thing. I agree with gambleboyen though, I think it is just all in our head.
 
Well I just love being able to see the whole car, even if the experience can be a bit like steering a fixed model car or something.
 
With a wheel you get force feedback and some sense of what the car is doing thus cockpit or bumper cam works well

On a DS3 you dont get this input and the chase cam gives you the missing information

Atleast thats how i see it
 
I'm probably the opposite, I find it easier to drive with a 1st person view using the controller. I can do quicker laps using cockpit view or roof-cam.

I only use chase cam for license tests and to listen to the exhaust sound:D
 
I've always used the 3rd person view in every racing game i've played whilst using a controller. I'm so used to it that I can't drive as fast when using any other view. Sometimes if I get bored, I switch to the cockpit view when doing a casual race.
 
...The hood cam isnt too bad either...


There is no Hood Cam in GT5, you must be thinking of Roof Cam!

As for me, I've always been a wheel user & never liked Bumper Cam/Invisible Car Cam/Whatever! I've exclusively used Cockpit Cam since 2008 in GT5 Prologue & as such, don't drive Standard Cars in GT5. I wish Standard Cars did have a Cockpit Cam, but there's more than enough Premium cars to satisfy my needs so I'm not too bothered. By the way, I absolutely hate Chase Cam, eww!



👍
 
Back