I made a GTPlanet car - Time to be killing the dragon with it!

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 29 comments
Sweden
Sweden
20171009141223.jpg

20171009141212.jpg

20171009141238.jpg

I wanted to try this with a different car but it seems we are stuck with the gifted one until the full game is released
and it's also the only one we can play with in the livery editor. Perhaps I'm wrong about that. I wasn't able to purchase
any other vehicles in the showrooms. I never played the beta version earlier this year so I don't know how things worked
back then. Maybe someone can fill me in.

I also wanted to make it look more decent but we are not allowed to add our own decals at the moment, not until
Polyphony drops the complete game on us in a little over a week. The only decals and logos we can use right now are ones
provided by Polyphony, and since they didn't give us GTPlanet decals (what were they thinking), I made a simplified
version of a GTP car myself. It was the best I could do, though I admit it looks wonky. : )
It'll do for now though, I'm happy with it and the game feels great in my opinion.

The replay above is the first GT Sport race I've ever taken part in.
I forgot to turn off some of the driving aids but it was very fun none the less. I chose the most difficult AI and they are
behaving really, really well. I caused the second placed AI to panic and lose control of his car in a beautiful slide on
the final lap (@5:20), he recovered however and held on to his position. I got the final podium spot though.

Very nice experience so far, the menus are mega clean and smooth and it looks like we will be able to add our own BGM again.
No offence to the existing café & lounge OST that is the default music but a personal BGM option is crucial. Looking at you SMS.

I think I will enjoy my GT Sport journey quite a bit, but at the same time I won't forget about Project CARS 2.
These two games will pretty much be the only ones I'll play for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
We're you able to place anything on the roof?? I couldn't get anything to place on roof. Im not sure why.
Yes it is possible to place decals and everything else onto the roof.

You need to go through Body > Add layer > Roof

You can also do this which is pretty cool:

Gran Turismo™SPORT β Version_20171009172559.jpg

And the cars look incredibly detailed in full resolution.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/media/demo-version-october-9.34753/full

Shame about the lack of variety regarding fonts / typefaces. But I'm sure more options
will be made available in due time.

This is really nice. I hope that you can share it with members of the future official GTPlanet GTSport race team!
Thank you man, I tried to make the car somewhat similar to the RUF GTP from Project CARS 1, it was
my inspiration anyway.

I tried to make the circle thinner than what it is but it wasn't possible.
Those fonts aren't ideal either but I'm sure better versions of a GTP car
can be made once the full game is released.

I was just trying to put a basic strip along the whole car front bumper, hood, roof, wing, and back. Couldn't to get the strip to go on roof.
I'll try again in a bit.

I wanted to try this with a different car but it seems we are stuck with the gifted one until the full game is released
and it's also the only one we can play with in the livery editor. Perhaps I'm wrong about that. I wasn't able to purchase
any other vehicles in the showrooms. I never played the beta version earlier this year so I don't know how things worked
back then. Maybe someone can fill me in.

I also struggled to find mirror (so I will try this duplicate on reverse) Great Livery and work on that. I struggled and think I need a few quiet hours to give it a proper go. 👍

So to get more cars you do have to drive on this demo and do a few missions. Every day if you drive 26 or 27 miles you will be gifted a random new car over the 4 days. If you do the campaign either the beginner or the races and complete all of the row you are again gifted a new random car. As of now you can not sell or buy new cars but it is possible to get at least 5 or 6 quite easily. I have 3 already. Alfa, GTR and Mustang :cheers:

Looking good, Jocke!

Has anybody heard if liveries created by one user can be downloaded and used by another user? The official website says "...these newly created designs can be seen and shared with other players in the game."

I'm not sure if that just means users can view what you create in the "discovery" section, or if "sharing" means that we can actually download and use them on our own cars. I know the full version of the game is not out yet, and I have been messing with some of the features in the demo, but since the servers have been choppy, I'm running into some difficulties just uploading my own creation, let alone downloading others...I haven't come across anything yet.

or if "sharing" means that we can actually download and use them on our own cars
I uploaded mine recently so if you want to you can try and grab it. I'm not sure how it works to be honest.

Every day if you drive 26 or 27 miles you will be gifted a random new car over the 4 days.
Thanks, I didn't know that.
I thought I was stuck with only one car. I haven't been clocking that many miles yet.

MOAR... PLEASE!

I'm starting to get the hang of this, and I'm starting to really like my GTP car as well. : )

Full resolution here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/media/albums/my-gt-sport-pics.1093/

20171009204701.jpg

20171009204620.jpg

20171009204544.jpg

20171009204558.jpg

20171009204609.jpg

20171009204631.jpg

20171009204644.jpg

20171009204652.jpg

20171009204709.jpg

Nice. I believe I have several different GTP logos in SVG - with @Jordans permission I’d like to upload those to the decal library when the game releases.

I'm assuming the decal section is a way to create custom brushes (such as the GTP logo) to where we can place multiple layers on at once, instead of having to create a logo on the car itself?

That'll be nice; should make logos much easier to manage.

Already made a Gulf livery today. Think I spent more time in there than I did out on track!

I'm assuming the decal section is a way to create custom brushes (such as the GTP logo) to where we can place multiple layers on at once, instead of having to create a logo on the car itself?
Right now it doesn’t look like we can make decals separately a la Forza. But we can make them in Photoshop and then import them(in the full game that is), I’m thinking that’s what that section is. Imported decals.

Right now it doesn’t look like we can make decals separately a la Forza. But we can make them in Photoshop and then import them(in the full game that is), I’m thinking that’s what that section is. Imported decals.

You can only import images in SVG format. No jpegs, or pngs, or other files. That mean only Vector based images that you can make in Illustrator, Corel draw, GIMP or other programs that support SVG files.

You can only import images in SVG format. No jpegs, or pngs, or other files. That mean only Vector based images that you can make in Illustrator, Corel draw, GIMP or other programs that support SVG files.
I already know that. I wrote that a few posts above, I just didn’t bother to write it again.

I also struggled to find mirror (so I will try this duplicate on reverse) Great Livery and work on that. I struggled and think I need a few quiet hours to give it a proper go. 👍

So to get more cars you do have to drive on this demo and do a few missions. Every day if you drive 26 or 27 miles you will be gifted a random new car over the 4 days. If you do the campaign either the beginner or the races and complete all of the row you are again gifted a new random car. As of now you can not sell or buy new cars but it is possible to get at least 5 or 6 quite easily. I have 3 already. Alfa, GTR and Mustang :cheers:
Took me a while to find out how mirror too. I bloody just recreated everything on the opposite side didn't I, could have saved myself a good 40 minutes.

Also the alignment depth is really handy.

Took me a while to find out how mirror too. I bloody just recreated everything on the opposite side didn't I, could have saved myself a good 40 minutes.

Also the alignment depth is really handy.

What is it those two options do in that menu? I've only ever done anything similar to this in the NASCAR The Game series Paint Booths, so they're foreign to me.

What is it those two options do in that menu? I've only ever done anything similar to this in the NASCAR The Game series Paint Booths, so they're foreign to me.
Hard to explain without pics and without going in length but I will try. Lets say you put a stripe along the length of the car at the height of the center of the wheels on a car with a wide body arches. By Lowering the Setting on the left towards minus 10 the stripe will start disappearing and only stay visible on the wider areas. Basically by putting it to minus 10, you can easily paint the flat bits of the wheel arches ( that modern day cars now have). The Setting on the right does the opposite.

EDIT: Here's a pic to explain a little. Look at the wheel arches, they're really easy to paint with this setting, instead of painstakingly doing it manually like i did. Now look at the orange detain on the door, you could put a Big orange square or rectangle there and just use the setting on the right to fit it perfectly. Really is brilliant thinking by PDI.

96f26b33218913.56a4cb4bcb4ec.jpg

Last edited:
@JockeP22 Did you make the GTPlanet logo (world) in the editor or is there a way to upload photos/pictures of decals yet? Before i have another go later. I was wondering if this is possible what is the best format to upload. 👍

@lancia delta hf Yep. some thought has gone in, I also like you can zoom right in to see if it is in line with the decal above.👍

*Tai Lopez voice* Here in my garage... :)

@JockeP22 Did you make the GTPlanet logo (world) in the editor or is there a way to upload photos/pictures of decals yet?
It's all made in the editor, there's no way of uploading proper decals in this demo unfortunately.

Can someone tell me where to go to upload? I went to gran turismo site but didn't find anything
We'll have to wait until October 17-19.

I learned that it's possible to take our custom liveried cars online in those 'Daily Lobbies'.
I had a great race going at Suzuka East with my GTP car, I think I even had the fastest lap midway
through the race, but crazy situations with other opponents made me finish last. :/

I'm having no issues with my online experience, no lag or glitches or anything. On the contrary
it's been very smooth for me.

and it's also the only one we can play with in the livery editor. Perhaps I'm wrong about that.

you can play with all cars you earned in the livery editor (see below snapshots as an example). But some cars have more options to edit than others for now.

Nothing fancy here but i keep it simple for now in the demo.
GTS_touring by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

City_lights by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Gran Turismo™SPORT β__ by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Narrow_street by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hard to explain without pics and without going in length but I will try. Lets say you put a stripe along the length of the car at the height of the center of the wheels on a car with a wide body arches. By Lowering the Setting on the left towards minus 10 the stripe will start disappearing and only stay visible on the wider areas. Basically by putting it to minus 10, you can easily paint the flat bits of the wheel arches ( that modern day cars now have). The Setting on the right does the opposite.

EDIT: Here's a pic to explain a little. Look at the wheel arches, they're really easy to paint with this setting, instead of painstakingly doing it manually like i did. Now look at the orange detain on the door, you could put a Big orange square or rectangle there and just use the setting on the right to fit it perfectly. Really is brilliant thinking by PDI.

View attachment 678733

My English isn't that good (technical) to undertand your explaination about the 'in depth' feature.. can you make an example (screenshots) how to do this ?

As I patiently wait for the magical decal uploader, I felt it was time to dust off the
old wonky GTPlanet warrior car and head out towards the mountains to slay the evil GT Dragon.
Time to be killing the dragon again...

Back