I might be buying a Hayabusa.

United Kingdom
Somewhere only we know.
FanofGT5
It's a 2005 K5 model.It's going to be completely different in terms of power & handling etc.Compared to a 750cc trail bike anyway.My attitude is you only go as fast by how much you turn the throttle.So it don't matter what bike you have, when you stay in your own limits, you'll be fine.It's when you go beyond your limits, things go wrong.

I learned from my mistake before mate, when i had an accident on a restricted cbr600f.I went over a dry stone wall at about 70mph and landed in a field.I was ill at the time ( stress related problems ).The two don't mix in my eyes, too dangerous.I am on medication for that.But want to feel the thrill of riding a sportsbike again, 12 years later.If i don't like it i can sell it.

Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you can get enough thrill off a 600 without having to deal with the extra weight of the Hayabusa, and possibly, the extra insurance expenses.

Are you a confident rider? That's a lot of machine, once the fastest production road bike made, iirc. Having ridden a GSXR600 and been amazed at how fast and nimble it is, riding a 1300 model is going to take some serious skill to not die (providing you're buying it to use properly - going fast).
I chased one through traffic about 4 months ago while on my 250 and this thing just disappeared from view within seconds of clearing the traffic.

One of the ugliest super (hyper?) bikes out there in my opinion and not even usable to its full potential unless you're a highly skilled rider on a great bit of road/ track.

The Hayabusa is a glorified touring bike.

Unless you're at the salt flats a 600 is going to beat it in every category.
A modern 600 is boring on the street because you can't push it, and the Hayabusa is going to be worse.

Save yourself the time and money and just get an SV650 instead.

I am a confident rider on the road W3HS.I'll need to be with that amount of power.But tbh i've always been confident on a bike.Compared with a car, a car doesn't compare in terms of amount of enjoyment i get.I feel safe and relaxed on a bike.

I feel safe and relaxed on a bike.

That's a problem.

On the road a bike is not safe, and not realizing it will get you killed.
Overconfidence will do the same thing, these bikes are so easy to go fast on that it will feel like 40mph when you're actually doing 80.

From all your other posts, why don't you just get an RZ350?
It's a two stroke which you apparently love, and it will be 100X more fun on the road than a modern superbike ever will be.

Sorry i didn't explain it very well.I am not lacking in confidence or overconfident.I have a nice level of confidence, that's all i can say.I am not cocky either.I am aware of the dangers associated with riding a bike on the road.I won't kill myself believe me,i will be here for a very long time.I'll be riding in my old age mate.Nothing will stop me.You only go as fast as you want to go aswell.I will only do safe manoeuvres when needed.And will always wear my riding gear.I know a bike is not safe, it's very dangerous, you are one of the most vulnerable people on the road whilst riding a motorbike i know that Bopop4, that's not going to stop me riding.

Last edited:
From the sounds of it you just want something obnoxious because just because you can.

I'll tell you now you have to be aware of what your limits are, also need to be aware of other road users too.I am sure you know this anyway.It takes alot of focusing too.My dad owns a Hayabusa aswell so obviously will try that before i buy the other.

Last edited:
The Hayabusa is a glorified touring bike.

Unless you're at the salt flats a 600 is going to beat it in every category.
A modern 600 is boring on the street because you can't push it, and the Hayabusa is going to be worse.

Save yourself the time and money and just get an SV650 instead.

Tell that to the open class bikes that ruled Formula USA in the early 90's. Nitrous, turbo, 500CC GP bikes, 1300 and 1400cc big bore Gixxers etc. - the one common denominator was you needed HP, lots of HP to podium.

Have fun with it. Very nice and powerful cruiser. I hope you have a cool state of mind though :P My mate recently bought one (a K8) and from what I hear from him, it wants to GO GO GO.

Keep the shiny side up 👍

Someone else bought it mate, didn't get it in the end, never mind.Anyway my Cagiva Elefant 750 has just had it's carbs balanced, it's also had a rejet too plus it has a fireblade race can on it.And i am going to get cone filters for the carbs and we reckon it'll put out 68-69 bhp at the back tyre.That is more powerful than the 900cc Elefant.The 900 also has a dogs dinner of an engine too.

Last edited:
60bhp standard at the crank, so with the cone filters on will be about 75bhp at crank.Fitting them filters means i can remove the airbox completely .

Back