I might try my hand at sportsbike riding.

United Kingdom
Somewhere only we know.
FanofGT5
I thought i'd give it a go because i've never ridden a full power sportsbike before.The most power i've ever felt is 60ish bhp, through a 220kg trail bike.I'm not interested in wheelies or getting my knee down on the road.I ride within my limits on the road.The bike i am going to try is a 2006 CBR600F-6 alloy frame model.I don't think i would sell my Cagiva Elefant, though you never know.

Nath.

Last edited:
Nath, I think you'll be fine just as long as you ride within your skill level. Regardless of what kind of bike it is, people usually get in trouble when they ride beyond their limits. Have fun bro

As he said above, just don't get in over your head. On slower bikes it's easier to notice when things are getting closer to your personal limits than on a faster one. But as long as you ride in your comfort zone at all times, then you'll notice that that comfort zone begins to expand :)

Basically i had a big accident on a CBR600F, now i want to build my confidence on a full power bike.I was messed up in the head before i rode that bike through a dry stone wall at about 70mph.I was taking on too much stress.

Basically i had a big accident on a CBR600F, now i want to build my confidence on a full power bike.I was messed up in the head before i rode that bike through a dry stone wall at about 70mph.I was taking on too much stress.

100hp is a full power bike, you don't need any more for the street.

Well what's the Rebel 250 have? That's pretty common and it's not a horsepower machine.

About 15 horsepower. Enough to do 55 easy enough but I don't like pushing it much past that. :lol:

About 15 horsepower. Enough to do 55 easy enough but I don't like pushing it much past that. :lol:
How that has less than my 200cc ATV, and it's way lighter. My grandfather has a Rebel 250, I thought it had more guts than my X, though I've never been on it.

Oh yeah, an RZ350 only has about 60hp stock and it'll do the 1/4 in the 13 second bracket.
They'll eat similar era bikes in the corners though.

A good friend of mine had an RZ-350, he really loved it...quick little thing ! I tried it out one time but wimped out on giving it full throttle down the street I have only rode a relatively low power dirt bike previously (83 IT-175)

A good friend of mine had an RZ-350, he really loved it...quick little thing ! I tried it out one time but wimped out on giving it full throttle down the street I have only rode a relatively low power dirt bike previously (83 IT-175)

As long as you're below 6,000rpm it's super easy and docile.

Between 6,000 and 7,000 it starts to perk ts ears up a bit.

And over 7,000 the front wheel is in the air.;)

A non power valve version of that motor was in the banshee. Same engine basically.

Back