I need all yor help that you can giveme

• Thread starter La Gargola
  • 17 comments
Diego 128LT
Diego128L
Hello, I writing from Bogota Colombia, sorry but mi english is not perfect, but i trie to make me undestar, because I need your help.

I am a lover of the all the saga of Gran Turismo, Ithe problem is that mi memory card where I have saved the game of gran turismo 1 dont work, are damage and y lost all my cars.

Then I buy the gameshark for playstation 1 to obtain the cars bonus when you have all the licenses in gold, but the gameshark put the licenses in gold but dont dont give me the car bonus (concept viper, nismo, 3000 TRD)

1 How i can put the chat codes using the gameshark????
2 How I can obtain the bonus cars (concept viper, nismo, 3000 TRD), but i dont work in the license for put in gold??? is to much work and i dont have the time now and i only interested in this especials cars
3 can said me how used the gameshark apropiadamente

thans for all the help that you can give me

You have an NTSC (US) version of GT1 ?

Do you know if it is version 1.0 or version 1.1?

Gameshark CDX or Pro?

Without using the Gameshark, the only way to determine version 1.0 or 1.1 I have found is to win the FF or Lwt series until you win one of the Hondas. How the name is displayed in your garage indicates the version.

See...
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/diary/2004-02-01.html

In...
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/diary/2001-01-05.html

I give codes for version 1.1 to make different cars (including the cars you want) appear in the used car lots on a day 1 game.

There are other ways to get cars into the garage, too.

A web search should find a "100 car garage" code, but, whilst I managed to use that code to help me use the memory editor in a Game Shark Pro to manipulate cars in my garage, it always seemed to me the actual "100 car garage" code itself was too unweildy for use with, e.g. a CDX, although one could presumably whittle it down to modify only the first garage entry.

http://www.cmgsccc.com/psx/index.php?game=318

Oh yes, if you can read the tiny "IFPI number" in the hub of your disk (on the machine-readable side), that might help me guess which version you probably have.

So far I've found:

IFPI 5038: version 1.0
IFPI 5042: version 1.0
IFPI 5100: version 1.1

Perhaps I should have reported this here (www.gtplanet.net) sooner...
http://www.granturismox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6781

Thanks for answer my question the version of my GT1 is 1.1 , but i dont know the gamesahrk versio, let me see this nigth and tomorrow i tell you, but another question, how i can use the chat codes using the gameshark, beacuse i don use a emulator por my pc y use the console PS1

Entering new codes in a GameShark Pro seemed fairly easy to me, but it might be less so with a CDX.

I'll wait and see what you have.

I think I have a CDX somewhere I've never really used. I just thought I should have it to help test things for people who did not have a Pro.

Hello I saw the CD whit the gameshark that buy, and the name that apper in the label and the introduction images is a GameShark Emulator 2, and work the next form, have a list in order alfabethic of the games, and you select the game, next select the chat that you want activate, next the CD Gameshark ask that put the Cd wiht the game and is ready whit the items that you select.

I dont know the version of the Gameshark that i have, I try to describe how work, and may be you can identify the Cd, and can help, or tell me which is the Gameshark original and the this form I trie to buy here in my country

Thanks for all your help, the think that most hate is that in this days I can recuperte all the special car, but the bonus for the licenses is to dificult, the last time that i can put all the licenses in gold this taked me more that a week and i dont want make this again because in this moment I are playing GT copncept

If there is no "add new code" option, you are probably out-of-luck.

Are you running this on an old PlayStation, or on your PS2?
I'm pretty sure you are totally out of luck if it is the so-called "PS1 Gameshark" on a PS2.

There's no predefined cheat to select only some golds is there? Then perhaps you could leave an easy test to finish. That would have been a good code for them to add. "All golds except B1, A7 and ... ", um, well, no IA test is particularly easy. But I doubt they put that much effort into it...

I use the CD gameshark in a old console the playstation, because I play GT1 and GT2 in the old playstation, but the Cd dont have "add new code" option, only bring the codes.

Maybe that exist other version of the gameshark???

Is your PlayStation old enough to have the expansion port in the rear?

I would guess you'd only possibly find a better GameShark in a used Game store.

If your PlayStation has an expansion port a GameShark Pro will be ideal.

If not, I'm sure some versions of CDX allowed the adding of codes. I'll try to try mine sometime before next Monday.

La Gargola
Thanks for answer my question the version of my GT1 is 1.1 , but i dont know the gamesahrk versio, let me see this nigth and tomorrow i tell you, but another question, how i can use the chat codes using the gameshark, beacuse i don use a emulator por my pc y use the console PS1

Do you have a Dex Drive? I'll send you a GT1 Save that you'll fall in love with, Guaranteed!!! 👍 👍 👍

LMK...

I used my GameShark CDX on the weekend, and I don't think you could have missed the "New Code" option, although "Edit" is a little more difficult to see.

You don't mention any "dongle" for the memory card slot; that's where my CDX saves code modifications I have made. I suspect you have a stripped-back CD-only "GameShark" with pre-loaded codes. There's a slim chance you can edit codes before using them, in which case you could probably "enter" codes on a one-shot basis, but I doubt it's like that.

Like HYBRIDLVR says, a Dex Drive would be good thing for you to have.

Yes sportwagon i have a cd with pre-loaded codes, anddont have any option of insert codes, in this moment i am traying to find the Gameshark that you use, when i find them i going to tell you
thanks for all your help and patient for my english

HYBRIDLVR
Here are some GAMESHARKS Buddy! Just make sure you get the right region for your PS/2 👍
This might give him ones for the PS1 he uses for GT1.

You'd know better than I would, but I thought all GameSharks for PS1 games on the PS2 also only allowed pre-defined codes.

All-in-all Sony is trying to everything it can to discourage private GameShark Code generation.

La Gargola
Yes sportwagon i have a cd with pre-loaded codes, anddont have any option of insert codes, in this moment i am traying to find the Gameshark that you use, when i find them i going to tell you
thanks for all your help and patient for my english
A GameShark CDX should allow entering of your own codes. But I wouldn't swear that the manufacturer wouldn't have confused the terminology along the way, so try to check up on what you are getting.

If you have the expansion port on the right rear (left if viewed from behind) of your PS1, then you could consider a GameShark Pro.

Yes men the ps1 have the port that you said, I supouse that the gameshar por that you said is a conecttion of some kind of dipositive and the cd to introduce the code, I m triying to obtain serching here in my country in the shops that sale accesories of ps, wheh i find them, i going to tell you

Barring cookie problems, here's a picture and description of the Playstation 1 Gameshark Pro box. I'm trying to track down a picture of the device itself. It goes into the back of your old-style PS1, and does not need a CD (and doesn't come with one).

review

Here is a review which includes a picture.

The edge-pin connect you see near the bottom of it goes into the slot in the back of the PS1.

Latest Posts

Back