I need help finallizing my Citroen GT Race Car tune.

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 8 comments

Dylan

Resident NASCAR Fan
Premium
United States
Hope Mills, NC
GTP_Dylan_GTP
I'm trying to tune the GT by Citroen Race Car.
So I've gotten most of it's quirks figured out, but I'm having a problem in Low speed corners.
When going thru any corner that requires 4th gear or less, It has snap oversteer just before i start to get back on the throttle. It's more prominent in slower corners.
This is what I'm running suspension and LSD wise;

Ride Height: 63/63
Spring Rate: 15.00/22.50
Compression: 3/6
Extension: 2/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/3
Camber: 0.00/0.00
Toe Angle: -0.18/0.12

Initial Torque: -/17
Acceleration Sensitivity: -/13
Braking Sensitivity: -/24

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
:cheers:

So I've gotten most of it's quirks figured out, but I'm having a problem in Low speed corners.
When going thru any corner that requires 4th gear or less, It has snap oversteer just before i start to get back on the throttle. It's more prominent in slower corners.

Try this below, I use a wheel for this and my Driving options are Active Steering: Strong, ABS 1 everything else off and I use Racing Hard Tyres. I did not get any oversteer even at slow speeds in the corners with these changes.

Spring Rate: 14.20/22.50
Compression: 3/4
Extension: 2/6
Camber: 2.0/3.0

Brake Balance 4/3

Swap your LSD initial and accel. The rear wheels are more restricted off throttle than on throttle currently which is going to cause all sorts of unpredictability with the diff opening as you get on the power. 👍

Try this below, I use a wheel for this and my Driving options are Active Steering: Strong, ABS 1 everything else off and I use Racing Hard Tyres. I did not get any oversteer even at slow speeds in the corners with these changes.

Spring Rate: 14.20/22.50
Compression: 3/4
Extension: 2/6
Camber: 2.0/3.0

Brake Balance 4/3

Swap your LSD initial and accel. The rear wheels are more restricted off throttle than on throttle currently which is going to cause all sorts of unpredictability with the diff opening as you get on the power. 👍
I'm at school now, but I'll try these when i get home!

Your compression is to soft in the front and what is happening is that the front end is dipping too low, causing your rear wheels to lose contact with road.

whats the weight ratio and drivetrain?

Your compression is to soft in the front and what is happening is that the front end is dipping too low, causing your rear wheels to lose contact with road.

whats the weight ratio and drivetrain?
Front compression isn't that low and theres plenty of rear extension damping so it balances out, either way if he's having problems on corner exit the front end isn't going to be dipping at all

I think @hall90 has the right idea with the camber. Adding rear camber will help reduce the grip limit. The snap oversteer you're feeling will be a softer, less snappy feeling and easier to control. Also, having a higher rear toe will help with regaining balance during exit.. I would try camber at 0.5/1.5-2 to start, and toe to 0.0/.3-.5. Hope that helps. Good luck, it's a fun car when you get it where you want.

Front compression isn't that low and theres plenty of rear extension damping so it balances out, either way if he's having problems on corner exit the front end isn't going to be dipping at all
My bad read the question wrong.

Then all he needs is to adjust LSD, Acceleration sensitivity, since the tires are slipping when he hits full throttle.

When going thru any corner that requires 4th gear or less, It has snap oversteer just before i start to get back on the throttle.

My bad read the question wrong.

Then all he needs is to adjust LSD, Acceleration sensitivity, since the tires are slipping when he hits full throttle.
Being that the oversteer is happening before returning to throttle, I think your stronger LSD Deceleration is causing problems when lifting off the brakes.

Back