I need help from someone with medium-high editing skills for 50x50 bmps

Hello guys I really suck at editing things so I need some help from some art people. I have a few bmp files which need editing basicly they are very small bmps with not alot of art.
I just need it too look good. Which I cannot accomplish because of my lack of skillls. :(

So I need help editing a few bmp files. Basicly just change the background color to something like black or slate and then leave everything else as normal.
I can provide more details if needed. PM or post in this topic if anyone is interested in helping or if you have any suggestions to help me do this myself.

Black would be a very easy colour to make a background of. Problem you have given us though is that you haven't posted the bmp on this thread to give us an idea of what were working. Please post the bmp/s. :)👍

yeah when you ask for this kind of help, you almsot always have to have and image ready for any of us to work with, it's like telling us to listen on the radio for word about tomorrow's weather when we dont have one.

Hi guys thanks alot for taking the time for reading this. I have been busy with school and work.:crazy:

Anyways let me try to whip up what my vision is and we can go from there. :)

*EDIT*
Uploaded a zip of the files.
basically I would like all the icons to have a black or matte black background and the the letters/numbers/symbols to have a bright orange color or maybe lime green I'm still unsure.
(NOTE: I am not very artistic so if ya'll have a better vision of something that would look better feel free to make the changes.)

For the black I was thinking something like R-50, G- 50, B-50 or maybe even darker to make the bright orange or lime green to standout.

Here is an attempt which I made but I could not round off the edges without destroying the BMP's and I was not able to maintain the crystal icons when I wanted to edit the BMP to make it black rather than blue.
71525645mv3.png

Also I thought I post what the original layout looks like in case ya'll want to visulize where the bmps fit in and how everything will look.
53588386ec0.png

also note the file listed below leave normal but just change the background to the black or matte black to blend in.

*EDIT*
Incase anyone is wondering this is the GUI of a video capture program. Also I made sure that there are no copy right violations with the manufacture before doing any of this so no worries about some guys in a suit knocking on your front door. :D If more information is need feel free to ask.
Thanks to everyone for the time and consideration to help out. 👍

Attachments

• BITMAP GTP.zip
    512 KB · Views: 7
oh crystal icons are easy

made a blue circle, the colour has to be the brightest tone of your idealized color.

blending option>Gradient Overlay, made the white on the bottom and black on top, and make it a multiply layer.

new layer, make a small white circle that sits on the top of the circle. this will be the gloss. with soft (0 hardness) brush, erase the bottom edge a bit, and then loewr this layer's opacity to roughly 20-40%.

That's how to make a plain button.

To have an icon such as a play, stop or pause button. Put the icon layer under the blue circle layer. Change the blue circle layer to a multiply layer. Under the icon layer, put a solid white layer the same size as the blue circle, done.

oh crystal icons are easy

made a blue circle, the colour has to be the brightest tone of your idealized color.

blending option>Gradient Overlay, made the white on the bottom and black on top, and make it a multiply layer.

new layer, make a small white circle that sits on the top of the circle. this will be the gloss. with soft (0 hardness) brush, erase the bottom edge a bit, and then loewr this layer's opacity to roughly 20-40%.

That's how to make a plain button.

To have an icon such as a play, stop or pause button. Put the icon layer under the blue circle layer. Change the blue circle layer to a multiply layer. Under the icon layer, put a solid white layer the same size as the blue circle, done.

I'll give this a try in The GIMP when I get a chance tomorrow night.
Thanks for the instructions. :D

Latest Posts

Back