I need help from the GTP Comm

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zuel
  • 3 comments
  • 513 views

Zuel

United Sports Car Champ
(Banned)
Messages
2,095
United States
Burke, Fairfax,
Messages
GTP_STRIKER
Messages
Xbox SUCKS
I've been working hard to obtain some GPS data to share with the GTP community. I've been in contact with teams that have participated in Le Mans, NASCAR ans SuperGT. So far I haven't gotten a yes or no about my request. I'm really not sure if the request have fallen upon deaf ears or they think I'm playing games. I know myself and other are very enger to see the full capabilities of the GPS Data build in to GT5. I believe if we come together as a whole to obtain the information with will be received in a more thoughtful manner. If anyone will be whiling to help let me know. Thanks for your time..
 
I think it may be a little stretch trying to get the data from the top tier of racing, Le Mans, Super GT. If you just want to see the capabilities of the GPS data build in gt5, you could always test it using made up data, from google earth. Which, while not that accurate should be accurate enough to test it. Or, ask some club/lower division racing teams for the data. I feel they would most likely be more receptive.
 
Maybe an ignorant question but why would you want it?
 
Goggle Earth using a photo-graphical program to map the earth. A GPS Logger uses a small gyroscope along with GPS sensors to measure a number of the a P/G program cant. As for getting in touch with mid level teams that run on the current tack list is GT5 is hard. Plus the reader wont recognize the data unless the track is in the list.


@Fish

The Data Logger Reader was put in so we can be better and we do do in GT5 and to see how we compair to live times. I've used a Data Logger while racing in SCCA Sport Club and N.A.S.A Super Unlimited. By going over that data I was able to be my times by seeing where on the track the car be improved and my self. Yes watching may help with seeing where I'm going wrong with my lines. It doesn't tell me where the transmission can be improved by changing the gearing for better shift points and so on. Yes there are a lot of fast people with in the GT5 community though 99.9% use only soft tires and have found a glitch with in the setup engine within GT5. I think that's all just a waste of time but we know people follow the norm and don't make their own path. I wish to better my driving through GT5 until I can get the rest of my funds in line so I can get back on the track.

Yeah I go to my home track to help my buddies shack down their cars and to get some seat time but it's not enough. I want my own car and my own team, it been almost 7 years since I ran a full season and I'm very hungry to get back on the track full time. Plus I'm beginning to hate working for other people who don't have a greater goal in life.
 
Back