I need Help - GT3 Hybrids - Read Last Post

• Thread starter Cougar23
  • 13 comments
Hi, I'm new to the whole hybriding side of GT3/4 (:dunce:)and was wondering if someone could clear a few things up for me.

GT4: From what I have been reading, is Hybriding in GT4 as hard as it sounds?
Is this all that is needed to create simple hybrids-
"You start AR MAX,write the codes you want,and boot GT4.The cars you select then will all have the part you want.
Just don't put for example 2 engine codes at the same time,it will probably crash the game.
You can get the codes here http://gt.cellphonespec.com/gt4hybridcar.php" Quote by Playguy

The link doesn't seem to be working so I can't look into that side anymore.

GT3: From what I have been reading about GT3 hybridding it sounds a little simpler. I downloaded MK's Program and it looks pretty simple (Correct me if I'm wrong). It looks to me like all I have to do is "Read Garage" then "Import Two Cars", then copy the code of (For example) the engine of one car and paste it in the engine column of the other car. Then do you just "export Car"?

What i really want to know is which Action Replay I should be looking at.
On ebay I have found:
Action Replay Max-$28.50
Action Replay Max EVO-$32.50
Will the Action Replay work for both GT3 and GT4?

I will mostly want to hybrid cars from GT4 but I will hybrid from GT3 if it is much easier than GT4.

Any help on this subject will be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks, Cougar23 👍:)

Last edited:
Action Replay Max is the best you can get. You don't need the EVO since the only difference (as far as I know) is a USB key which allows you to transfer codes and save games between your console and the PC. The thing is that you can do the same with any normal USB key, all you need is to format your key to the standards of the ARMax (easy).

Hybriding in GT3 is easier than in GT4: true. GT3 has alot more values you can change, therefore alot more possibilities. GT4 is more complex, but the fun is still the same once you've achieved your goal.

The main problem you'll encounter while hybriding with ARMax is that each code has to be created as phaste (on computer), then converted from phaste to ARMax, typed in the game and finally has to be run. Typing it is the most boring part of all. Most annoying thing about it is that if you need an engine code, as an example, and later you want another's car engine, you need to change the whole ARMax code instead of changing a little value.

Thus, you can also convert the phaste codes into gameshark or codebreaker codes. With gameshark, converting these same codes is easier because these are the same values, no need to change the whole code.

Finally, yes, it's sad "http://gt.cellphonespec.com/gt4hybridcar.php" doesn't work no more. Plus, there were some more files here that were very useful, but haven't been refreshed, so they're no longer available.

Maybe I didn't answer all the questions you had, but at least if I helped somehow, I'm glad.

Thanks NickysLuckies, The only bit I don't understand Is what 'Phaste' is. Could you give an explanation please? How I described GT3 hybridding... is that how you do it? Do I need to find codes for GT3 or can I do it how I said? And for GT4, where can I find the codes now that that site's down? About the Action Replay, If the only difference is the 16MB flashdrive, I think I may have to get the evo. It will cost me $15 to get a flashdrive over here so for the extra $4 I think it's worth it. Many Thanks for your reply NickysLuckies, but I will leave this thread open to see if I can clear up those other questions (Phaste codes?, GT4 Hybridding, GT3 Hybridding) Cougar23 :)

PS: Is this part of your reply for GT4 or GT3 or Both? > "The main problem you'll encounter while hybriding with ARMax is that each code has to be created as phaste (on computer), then converted from phaste to ARMax, typed in the game and finally has to be run. Typing it is the most boring part of all. Most annoying thing about it is that if you need an engine code, as an example, and later you want another's car engine, you need to change the whole ARMax code instead of changing a little value."-NickysLuckies

EDIT: Ok I took a screenshot of the GT3 Garage Editor so could someone please clear a few things up for me?
gt3garageeditorsnapshot.jpg
Firstly, haven't used this program yet because I don't have a ARMax yet, so If I am totally wrong could you please help. Ok, Do the codes for each car part get shown in their respectful column(Car 1, Car2)? If so, If you copy the (For example) the engine code from car 2 and put that code in place of the engine code for Car1 would that replace the Engine of Car1 with the Engine from Car2? If Hybridding in GT3 is as easy as that then I may be able to Hybrid a few cars myself. Thanks.

Last edited:
The only bit I don't understand Is what 'Phaste' is. Could you give an explanation please?

Phaste is a code. For each thing you'd like to modify, there's a code, of course. I'll give you a concrete example.
- 10A1F92E 00000000 ; this is the basic Phaste code for a power multiplier in GT4 (see here for more information about power multiplying that I covered).
- Blue part of the code usually never changes unless you need it for a different setup (A,B,C). Red part of the code is the changing value.
- Phaste codes are Hexadecimal (can be modified with a calculator).
GT4 has two power multipliers and it's far easier to use the one I'm calling master multiplier.

Raw codes (same as Phaste) for NTSC version:

1.0x power
Setup A - 10A1F92E 000003E8
Setup B - 10A1FAA6 000003E8
Setup C - 10A1FC1E 000003E8
(3E8 = 1000 in decimal)

NTSC2:
Setup A - 10A189AE 000003E8
Setup B - 10A18B26 000003E8
Setup C - 10A18C9E 000003E8

To get double power, enter
10A1F92E 000007D0
(7D0 = 2000)

To get any number just use a calculator (your operating system should have one).

AR MAX codes for 2.0x power:

NTSC Setup A
Q18U-EVFM-CH9HY
8JZZ-29MX-UXE9A

NTSC2 Setup A
DP03-GXFY-9BTJP
Q86X-337T-AQ9EV

To resume, first, try to find which version of GT4 you have (NTSC1, NTSC2 or PAL), this will require you to test several versions of the same code. Second, what do you want to modify (parts? settings? how many setups? finding bits of codes and building on it). Third step includes converting these codes from Phaste/Raw to the desired platform (gameshark, action replay, codebreaker, etc.). Last step is to test these codes and enjoy.

PS: Is this part of your reply for GT4 or GT3 or Both? > "The main problem you'll encounter while hybriding with ARMax is that each code has to be created as phaste (on computer), then converted from phaste to ARMax, typed in the game and finally has to be run. Typing it is the most boring part of all. Most annoying thing about it is that if you need an engine code, as an example, and later you want another's car engine, you need to change the whole ARMax code instead of changing a little value."-NickysLuckies

It's for GT4. I've never done hybriding in GT3, lost interest in it when I bought GT4.

And for GT4, where can I find the codes now that that site's down?

Nowhere, unless you ask some people that have been hybriding and, with luck, they might have kept some of these codes. I have most of the part codes, for every car, but I don't have the adresses... which is kind of useless.

GT3: From what I have been reading about GT3 hybridding it sounds a little simpler. I downloaded MK's Program and it looks pretty simple (Correct me if I'm wrong). It looks to me like all I have to do is "Read Garage" then "Import Two Cars", then copy the code of (For example) the engine of one car and paste it in the engine column of the other car. Then do you just "export Car"?
Much, much easier way to do it.

Ok thanks for that Toronado. I'm reading through it now. One thing it says it to use a 'Xport/Sharkport' for this method. Can I use a Action Replay to get the save onto the Computer? I've searched for Xport etc. on ebay and can't find any. My Ps2 is a long way from my computer too so I'm hoping a Action Replay will do the same job. Besides that it seems pretty straightforward and I should be able to get the hang of it. Thanks again, Cougar23

Yes. GT3 hybriding was just more common before the AR Max became popular. Before I hacked my PS2 so I didn't need to use the disc, I used my AR Evo all the time to move saves. You will just need to convert the save using either the PS2SavBuilder (which is a bit more involved) or the old, rather buggy .Max to XPS converter (which is easier but will screw up your save icon when you move it back to your memory card).

Thanks, I should be getting my ARMax soon. (When I've got some money lol.)
When you say the '.Max to XPS converter screws up your save icon.' do you just mean when you are looking at the files on your memorycard, the icon is affected in some way? IF it is only an aethetic/looks thing then I don't really care, because I want to try to do this the easiest way possible. Could you possibly show me where to find the .Max to XPS converter and the PS2SavBuilder please. Many Thanks.

It changes the GT3 save icon to the Gameshark logo, which gets really annoying after a while. I can upload them both for you, because it took me forever to find the most recent build of PS2SavBuilder with Google (I also threw in a couple of sample saves and some hybrid .ini files for you to mess around with). PS2SavBuilder is only more "difficult" to use because it has more options. The steps for converting saves are essentially the same, though.

Attachments

• Tools.zip
    204.1 KB · Views: 30
Thanks Toronado but should I open or save it? What then? I tried saving it but it said there was nothing in it and I couldn't open it. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for getting all this info for me though. It's very appreciated. Cougar23

I'm not sure. I just clicked on it and it gave me the option to save it or open it, and all the files appear to be included...

What did you click then ? Open or Save? Could you possibly just try uploading which ever one you think is best by itself? (Either the converter or SavBuilder) Thanks again.

Ok so I need help. I finally got my ARMAx but I don't quite understand how to get the GT3 save onto my computer. Can someone please explain to me in plain english how to get the GT3 savgame off the meory card, onto the ARMax Flash Drive and into Mk's Program. Cheers, Cougar23

Back