I need help. What’s wrong with my PS4 and gt sport?!

• Thread starter latuba247
  • 18 comments
United States
United States
i feel like I’m the only one that has this.
These pictures are from after 3 weeks of “data corruption” I can finally get on to an actual track. And when the game audio cuts out but menu still functions. That’s when the glitching occurs. Look at the photos. I’ve been trying to get this game to work but it just won’t. nothing is fixing the game or my PS4. Rebuilt database. Off and on. Delete GT sport. Initialise PS4. Everything! But my gt sport (when booting up) makes my PS4 slow and sluggish. I don’t even know what to do. I am literally in tears. Someone please help

Attachments

• C7FFA4DE-AC97-4D5D-BF0D-7B3B84060B37.jpeg
    C7FFA4DE-AC97-4D5D-BF0D-7B3B84060B37.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 07BF1583-5097-4C0E-B844-BA1C5DDA2197.jpeg
    07BF1583-5097-4C0E-B844-BA1C5DDA2197.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 7F2A196A-ED5D-4438-ABF1-2A2D311E4E0A.jpeg
    7F2A196A-ED5D-4438-ABF1-2A2D311E4E0A.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 84
  • F7EEFA79-98FC-4AC7-89D6-B09A6573A215.jpeg
    F7EEFA79-98FC-4AC7-89D6-B09A6573A215.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 89
i feel like I’m the only one that has this.
These pictures are from after 3 weeks of “data corruption” I can finally get on to an actual track. And when the game audio cuts out but menu still functions. That’s when the glitching occurs. Look at the photos. I’ve been trying to get this game to work but it just won’t. nothing is fixing the game or my PS4. Rebuilt database. Off and on. Delete GT sport. Initialise PS4. Everything! But my gt sport (when booting up) makes my PS4 slow and sluggish. I don’t even know what to do. I am literally in tears. Someone please help
Welccom to :gtpflag:.
Contact Playstation support or best to Email them with the pictures, they will help you out 👍.

• Disc read error: Like @GTUrbanCowboy said, any problems with reading the disc (e.g. when installing the original game) can mess up the files. However the console would most likely spit out an error saying it can't read the disc.
  • Data corruption: Most likely. Could've been caused by turning the game off at a bad time, or you might've knocked your PS4 while it was reading/writing, causing it to skip data, or a virus on the PS4 being spread from random messages from accounts you've never seen before that are responded to.
The menu problem with the missing thumbnails seems fairly normal as everyone has had that recently within the last few updates. The track pictures show that both the sky texture and the sky reflection map is missing, or in full transparency, and it is instead showing remnants of the last rendered frames of gameplay. That suggests that it's missing or corrupt. You could try getting another copy of GT Sport, or testing your copy on another PS4 to see if the problem persists, or try deleting the GT Sport game data and installing another game to see if any similar signs of corruption occur on that game. I would say to do what you've already done (delete the game data and reinstall) but if you've already done that then there must be something wrong with the hard drive itself.

Does the PS4 work with other games?
Not really. Just recently the PS4 would freeze when starting over watch. Saying something about data corruption. When we first bought the game, I was perfectly fine.

Welccom to :gtpflag:.
Contact Playstation support or best to Email them with the pictures, they will help you out 👍.
Thank you will do

Last edited by a moderator:
This happened with my disc copy of GT5. It was caused by the laser failing in the playstation at the time.
This seems highly plausible. Because when my brother contacted the PS support, he said something about disc damage or the PS4 failing to read the disc. And that scratches do corrupt data. So now I know this is about something inside my PS4. Not the discs.

• Disc read error: Like @GTUrbanCowboy said, any problems with reading the disc (e.g. when installing the original game) can mess up the files. However the console would most likely spit out an error saying it can't read the disc.
  • Data corruption: Most likely. Could've been caused by turning the game off at a bad time, or you might've knocked your PS4 while it was reading/writing, causing it to skip data, or a virus on the PS4 being spread from random messages from accounts you've never seen before that are responded to.
The menu problem with the missing thumbnails seems fairly normal as everyone has had that recently within the last few updates. The track pictures show that both the sky texture and the sky reflection map is missing, or in full transparency, and it is instead showing remnants of the last rendered frames of gameplay. That suggests that it's missing or corrupt. You could try getting another copy of GT Sport, or testing your copy on another PS4 to see if the problem persists, or try deleting the GT Sport game data and installing another game to see if any similar signs of corruption occur on that game. I would say to do what you've already done (delete the game data and reinstall) but if you've already done that then there must be something wrong with the hard drive itself.
Yep that seems like the main culprit of all this. Back then my PS4 would get super slow and sluggish at the ps menu. So when ever it froze up, I thought my only option was to unplug directly. So this may also be what’s causing the corruption.

I’m no expert but I think it's safe to assume the PS4 is the problem.
I completely agree

Thank you all so much for your help. I seriously couldn’t understand why this was happening. Now, based off of everything that was said, I believe that is some data corruption. Where data for my games has gotten messed up and now they don’t work. And now that I’m thinking of it, the laser disc reader is just fine because my disc game of Rocket league works. It’s totally data corruption.

If I were a betting man the PS4/GPU is overheating.

Or the HDD is corrupt - however you would expect it to throw the games out to the dashboard if it were file corruption.

If I were a betting man the PS4/GPU is overheating.

Or the HDD is corrupt - however you would expect it to throw the games out to the dashboard if it were file corruption.
That’s what happens. It says data corrupted. Remove disc and delete game. It removes disc automatically

Also if it could be overheating, how can I fix that if that’s even possible. Just give it a break or something?

That’s what happens. It says data corrupted. Remove disc and delete game. It removes disc automatically
If it says that then the hard drive is probably packing in. Speak to Sony support.

If it were overheating.. Make sure the ps4 is well ventilated. Ie not have stuff around it and make sure the back vents have plenty of space to blow out air.

I have my console sat on four plastic bottle tops, moving just that 3/4ths of an inch of the table allows way more air to flow all around it. Never overheated, even on several realtime 24hour races with friends.

I have my console sat on four plastic bottle tops, moving just that 3/4ths of an inch of the table allows way more air to flow all around it. Never overheated, even on several realtime 24hour races with friends.

I had problems at first with my PS4 overheating and shutting down while playing GTS. I then did the exact same thing by lifting it up so air could get all around the PS4. I have not once had another overheating problem since and that's even playing for 10hr or more straight. I would definitely recommend it.

Think its a Hard drive failure,, it seems to be having an issue texture streaming from the hdd. doubting its the gpu as you arent having problems in the menu on the outside of the game(the PS4 also has an emergency over heat warning system, it flashes a messageon the top of the screen saying the PS4 is overheating and it will now auto shutdown and only start up again the the APU (CPU+GPU on the same chip) is cooler. Some of the OS is on the HDD, other parts of it are in the built in flash memory. Change your HDD.

Last edited:
Think its a Hard drive failure,, it seems to be having an issue texture streaming from the hdd. doubting its the gpu as you arent having problems in the menu on the outside of the game(the PS4 also has an emergency over heat warning system, it flashes a messageon the top of the screen saying the PS4 is overheating and it will now auto shutdown and only start up again the the APU (CPU+GPU on the same chip) is cooler. Some of the OS is on the HDD, other parts of it are in the built in flash memory. Change your HDD.
Well is that why sometimes when starting games like gran turismo or overwatch the PS4 menu and quick menu take hours to load.

It could, the operating system is partially installed on both ypur console HDD and flash rom.

Try this, format an external HDD or a big enough USB to work on PS4, and transfer GT Sport to it, would be great if its a USB 3.0 thumb drive. Maybe this could be a temporary fix.. but be warned, the HDD inside the PS4 will continue to get worse and worse..

But before buying a new console, it would be better to buy a HDD first and install it on the PS4 first.
Generally, if a system initialization doesnt fix something, its a Hard drive at fault. If it were.. say the GPU or the APU youre going to see crazy artifacts like your GT Sport pics even on your front PS4 menu because even that uses your GPU.

Keep in mind, a faulty HDD will continue to get worse and worse. Remember to back up your save games to the cloud.

Eventually... upon startup.. it will say error, give you a code that means "unable to access the OS on the HDD"
So... may be wise to change the hdd before that happens.

Last edited:
Back