I need help with turning

• Thread starter KJFIGHTER
  • 9 comments
United States
United States
I am very new to gran turismo and I can’t seem to turn right. Every right or wide corner I slide off the track. It’s like my turning barley moves. I have controller steering at 7 and both torque options at 4 this is the easiest for me. But I still slide off the track or do not turn enough

It is likely your driving. You are entering corners too fast. Slow in, fast out.

Other than that, FWD and AWD cars tend to understeer. Setting brake balance to the rear can help those cars rotate.

Breaking - Turn in - Apex - Corner exit.

The four stages of taking a corner you need to think about.

As you become more advanced you will realise that Apex’s move because of a corners geometry, breaking becomes more complicated, but for now concentrate on the easy things.

It sounds like you are going full lock one way while entering the corner too fast, causing the car to understeer (go straight on instead of turn). If you imagine yourself in a real car and approaching a corner and you suddenly turned the wheel to its maximum lock as fast as possible, the front tires will not cope and will understeer. It's all about being smooth and make sure you brake well before the corner and in a straight line as possible.

I'd also suggest using a rear wheel drive car to learn because you'll find that a front wheel drive car will tend to "push" wide when accelerating through the corner instead of rotating. And remember to gently apply throttle at corner exit and gradually increase it as you feel the car is straightening up.

I take it you're using a pad which will be harder to be smooth with compared to a wheel, but not impossible.

Back