i need of drag tune help

• Thread starter wild bill
  • 15 comments
floor_it_kid
im in a pinch ive tuned a supra mid turbo an it seems no madder how long i tune it for im on 4 days tuning it an it dont seem to be any faster ive done hundreds of tras flips from 3.600 down to 3.050 an it dont seem to be faster if anyone can help i think you ill try to help you on other cars an anyone feel free to ask about there car here

Add ballast.
im in a pinch ive tuned a supra mid turbo an it seems no madder how long i tune it for im on 4 days tuning it an it dont seem to be any faster ive done hundreds of tras flips from 3.600 down to 3.050 an it dont seem to be faster if anyone can help i think you ill try to help you on other cars an anyone feel free to ask about there car here
Add ballast?

If you've tried multiple transmission setups, then it's most likely not the problem. Try adjusting settings in the suspension and run people online to see if it affects your launch or if your car pulls more at the end. Because of the low-RPM power of the mid turbo, many people have issues tuning this car. You can try using the stage 3 turbo instead, as I've heard its easier to tune and runs just about as fast as the mid range.

If you've tried multiple transmission setups, then it's most likely not the problem. Try adjusting settings in the suspension and run people online to see if it affects your launch or if your car pulls more at the end. Because of the low-RPM power of the mid turbo, many people have issues tuning this car. You can try using the stage 3 turbo instead, as I've heard its easier to tune and runs just about as fast as the mid range.
True it might my launch an tree but i get pulled on its just a lil frustrating but when u have bad tree it dont help

True it might my launch an tree but i get pulled on its just a lil frustrating but when u have bad tree it dont help
On my best nights, I can manage an equal tree in most rooms, but there's still a handful of people out there that tree me by a car or two. You can improve your chances by running a direct connection from modem to your PS3 via ethernet cable instead of running through a router. Using smaller televisions such as 24" or smaller, an older model TV with tubes which reduces lag between PS3 & TV, or a newer HDTV with gaming mode which reduces screen lag to roughly 5-10milliseconds are all methods used by some of these "tree gurus" to improve their methods when hand-eye coordination isn't enough to get the job done.

Of course, it doesn't help if you're playing on a server or with people in a different part of the country. If the ghoster is on the other side of the country from you, and the other guy is on the same coast as the ghoster, chances are you'll be at a disadvantage. What some would call "skill" is nothing more than multiple variables resulting in lower ping & screen lag that lets them launch faster than the other guy. Hand-eye coordination is indeed important, but whoever sees the ghost sooner is the one who can react faster.

On my best nights, I can manage an equal tree in most rooms, but there's still a handful of people out there that tree me by a car or two. You can improve your chances by running a direct connection from modem to your PS3 via ethernet cable instead of running through a router. Using smaller televisions such as 24" or smaller, an older model TV with tubes which reduces lag between PS3 & TV, or a newer HDTV with gaming mode which reduces screen lag to roughly 5-10milliseconds are all methods used by some of these "tree gurus" to improve their methods when hand-eye coordination isn't enough to get the job done.

Of course, it doesn't help if you're playing on a server or with people in a different part of the country. If the ghoster is on the other side of the country from you, and the other guy is on the same coast as the ghoster, chances are you'll be at a disadvantage. What some would call "skill" is nothing more than multiple variables resulting in lower ping & screen lag that lets them launch faster than the other guy. Hand-eye coordination is indeed important, but whoever sees the ghost sooner is the one who can react faster.
Yea ive got the phone line to dsl an Ethernet cord to ps3 an a 22inch hd tv but i guess i need practice

Odd question, are you experienceing to much wheel spin or bogg during your runs?

im shifting before that im shifting at 6300 to 6500
Sure?

Even my 3k Supra with extra long 274mph trap gearing (which is honestly too long) doesn't like to be shifted that late.
Peak power is at 5100 and peak torque at 5000, does yours actually ever drop that low? You're missing half of the useable powerband.

Last edited:
Make sure you pay attention to your shift points. Mid range turbo calls for different shift points than high range.

@wild bill

Seriously, although I'm not entirely sure about 1/4 supra tunes, you normally shift it around 6000 - 6100 and not 6300 - 6500.

Back