I Need Some Advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Acidman
  • 25 comments
  • 704 views
Messages
1,916
I have gotten the castrol tom's supra a while ago and i didn't cjange the oil as soon as i got it, for some reason, and i tweaked it out and got all the mods for it and i have 191.3 miles on it and it has 970hp...... i was wondering if i should sell it and buy a new castrol toms and change the oil right away and then buy all the mods for it so it can have more horsepower? i have a littl;e more than $4,000,000.
 
I wouldn't bother. The Marvel Mystery Oil will add 5% of your base horsepower number. If the car has 500 hp stock, that's 25 hp. A difference, yes; but not enough to make it worth buying a race car for.
 
Won't this "trick" still work even if you don't change the oil straight away? All of my cars must be stuffed, because i think i only change the oil after a while...
 
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
Won't this "trick" still work even if you don't change the oil straight away? All of my cars must be stuffed, because i think i only change the oil after a while...

I think you are right Dodge. No proof but I think this is the case.
 
If one of my cars has base horsepower, but has been driven about 150 kilometres, the oil dealie will still work

As to Acidman's question - there's not a whole lot of point changing the oil. It may get you an extra 10 km/h on the straight, but you can make that up twiddling with the gear settings.
 
Yep, unless you are counting into the .0xx of a second, it really won't make much difference, especially on twisty tracks without straights.
 
Yeah, I made the mistake of spending the extra 250 bucks for oil, and it was the worst thing I've ever done. ;)
 
I only change the oil to get the HP Boost, when I really need it ( Say, the begining of the game...). Otherwise I change it when it gets brown.
 
Oh, I always do the virgin oil change on all my cars. It's the cheapest horsepower you can buy. But it is most definitely not worth replaceing a racecar just because you didn't happen to do it originally.
 
hey thanx a lot everyone, i can max out the speed on a staright with this car so i'll tweak the gears to make it have a higher top speed which will make up for that 25hp loss. :D
 
970hp is the max you will get out of the Castrol Tom's Supra even if you change the oil right away, for some reason you get get over 1000 with the Supra RZ too bad it handles like @ss
 
sweet, yeah my mugen has over 1000hp and the castrol tom's and the mugen are kind of, in a way, the same so that's why i thought i could get more horsepwer out of my tom's :D
 
Your Mugen NSX has 1000HP? All Ive seen, is the JGTC cars go in the High 900's.
 
Well, they're racing cars, they have most of the parts "--" in the tuning section, that's probably why they don't get as much hp...
 
it's good to change the oil once in a while tho, or else yu'll lose HP. just curious, but does changing the oil increase the torque also?
 
Yeh, but not permanently though, so you're free to change the oil whenever you like, although it is advisable to change it before it's empty...I'm not sure about the torque though...
 
or change it whenever the oil is brown .....

ew.....:yuck:
 
lol

edit: that was supposed to go with the post above ^

sorri
 
Originally posted by Josh7058
Your Mugen NSX has 1000HP? All Ive seen, is the JGTC cars go in the High 900's.

Yeah it has 1033hp and 212.9 miles to be exact. :D
 
u guys worry too much about HP loss...
whats a few HP when you can have far superior handling?
 
/\ I fully endore the above comment...
 
That's very true, but I need all the HP i can get becasue i'm not a very good driver in this game, so all the hp and acceleration can make up for my suckiness. (is that a word?, well it is now) :D
 
changing the oil DOES increase BOTH HP & TQ!!
I AlWAYS do it when I buy a new car or win one. If you've got the $$ it can't hurt! Also , it DOES make a difference in acceleration.
 
if youve got the $$$ it cant hurt?!? changing the oil only cost 250 credits (Pal) wouldnt know about the NTSC version but i reckon it would be similar
 
Back