I need some direction for liveries.

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 2 comments
United States
Texas
Ok, so I have a few one-off liveries, but for the most my feeble mind and idiocy tend to lead me to the same place creatively...nowhere.

I have a two tone Evo, a few recreations, and two chromed cars for the hell of it, but on the whole my liveries are either 1) in line with the old FIA guidelines, at least where they can be applied, or 2) matte dark gray in lieu of primer. Bare carbon fiber is used if the car has it (Tomahawk X, R18 '11). Both are starting to get old, but the only reason the latter happens is because I don't have the confidence to run the former online, but that's another issue.

I'm not opposed to any colors, but anything moderately elaborate or detailed is likely to be botched severely.

Regardless, thank you for your time.

I tend to look at other people's liveries, pictures of real liveries, or company logos. Eventually, I'll see something that inspires me. I'm an engineer, so artistic talent and creativity are not qualities I possess, but I enjoy making relatively simple liveries in GTS.

Recently the Lufthansa logo caught my attention, so I started an entire series of liveries based on commercial airlines. The Alitalia Lancia Stratos was an iconic livery, so I was curious what I could do with some other airlines.

Tonight, I saw a Chris Harris YouTube video with a Castrol XJR-9, and I knew I was going to have to make that replica someday.

Back