I need some help please

Scottmancini79
i have a question for everyone. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I have been a GT player since GT1 and now i am throwing around the idea of finally getting an Xbox one to play forza. So my question is: Do you guys think it's worth it to buy an Xbox just for Forza?

I already made a thread just like this. Lots of good insight here

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/is-it-time-to-let-go.332902/

To answer your question I pre-ordered a Forza Limited edition xbox one and sold my ps3. The plan is to enjoy the xbox one and Forza(and other great exclusives) until , whenever GT7 comes out, and who knows, maybe there will be a cool gt7 edition ps4 to get!

Also every one keeps saying $500. The 1TB Forza 6 bundle is $399

I asked my parents to buy the PSone just for GT2.

I paid for the PS2 just for the GT4.

Santa Claus brought me the PS3 just because i bought GT5P and GT5 while waiting for Mrs Claus to bring me GT6 a few years later...

So you see, it is entirely possible to get a console solely for just "one" game....
I dont see how you would not do it for Forza...

I know i would, but three times is a bit much lol....

Actually i might get the PS4 once GT7 comes out...

... Just dont tell my wife yet...

Last edited:
A friend gave me an Xbox, forza 3, and a year gold subscription. I threw the Porsches around a few familiar tracks and then put it away. I never liked the physics and I felt the colors were way to saturated and rich. Cartoony for a lack of better description. 6 May be better, damn that GT LOOKS GOOD.

A friend gave me an Xbox, forza 3, and a year gold subscription. I threw the Porsches around a few familiar tracks and then put it away. I never liked the physics and I felt the colors were way to saturated and rich. Cartoony for a lack of better description. 6 May be better, damn that GT LOOKS GOOD.
FM3 put me off quite a bit. The physics since then have improved drastically. I wouldn't get an Xbox for one game. Wait till FM6 comes out before deciding.

I am in the camp where it's OK to buy a console for just one game, so long as it's good. In fact, if FM6 looks to be good, and it supported triple screen, I'd buy three Xbox Ones.

However, I'm sitting on the fence, looking at FM6 as shown in the attached diagram.

For me the color shading indicates what I see as important to me. If it's not shaded either red or green, then it's not so important to me. Your opinion may be different!

GT6 - FM6.jpg

Parcells was originally a Forza player and I bought a PS3 just for GT5 so I have to say YES but ultimately its a decision you alone have to make on the merits of that much money to play only one game. My PS3 has been worth it to me and there have been only 2 games ever played on it, GT5 & GT6.

Was pissed at MS/Turn 10 when my less than one year old "official Forza race wheel" (Fanatec) was useless with FM5 because the XOne didn't support it so I gave up on Forza. Now that I have an XOne compatible wheel my intentions were to purchase an XOne mostly for FM6 just like you're considering but I wont buy it until I hear lots of good things about FM6. In other words just the opposite of the less than stellar FM5 reviews from friends that I trust.

I also bought PS2 for GT3 and PS3 for GT5 Prologue. When I bought the PS3 I also bought a custom frame with car seat and DFGT. Last year I built a new games PC for iRacing and recently added PCars and upgraded the DFGT to a G27. I don't regret any of those purchases and while some games haven't entirely met my expectations I feel I have got my money's worth in entertainment value.
As far as Forza goes, like others have suggested I agree that you should probably try first. If you are considering a large outlay I would also suggest you look at the PC alternatives such as PCars, Assetto Corsa, iRacing and rFactor 2. They all have their own particular game style on offer. It's all relative to how much you have to spend and the time you have available to enjoy it. Good luck and cheers ...

I bought all GTs and all PS till PS3, and it surely worthed it because I have enjoyed hundreds of hours playing-driving-racing. Point is, I would only wait for GT7 to come out in order to decide between XB or PS and 6 vs 7. If I were to risk a bad choice I would get PS4 with Club and MGSV to help myself until GT7. No weather and day-night transition when GT5 had it 5 years ago is not falling nicely into my criteria. After all, PD doesn't need to alter everything to make a GREAT GT7, just add more content (more offline races-championships & endurance), fix AI in offline, make a true course editor and correct air resistance problem in high speeds.

I've played Forza (Motorsports) a couple of times at a student-relax area..

Ididn't like the feel of the cars at all. It's different and most of all the cars seemed to hover a mm above the tarmac. It a bit more arcade for my opinion in comparison with all gt titels. You have to go more sideways, drifting for fast laptimes, it does feel like a better version of RidgeRacer, with better tracks and real cars.

Not my cup of tea. Just try to find other adventures on GT6 and ps3 and wait for the GT7 on ps4 or go nuts and buy yourself a gaming pc + audio surroundset, I'll recommend you RaceRoom Experience !! It's maybe a bit more expensive, but it is worth evey single penny !

This is an old review, this time there are more tracks. You can drive Macau now, Zandvoort and Spa & Nordschleife are coming. You can buy cars & tracks seperately or in packs..
It's almost time to move my pc-space to another corner of the living room and then hopely I've more space and time to spend for this game. Mostly WTCC oriented for me.. :)

Last edited:
As a huge videogame fan in general, I find incredible that some people will buy/play/enjoy only 1 game on a system, but meh, its just about preferences i guess...

Anyway If I were you I would buy a PS4 because its the most powerful console and GT7 will come out sooner or later and I think it will be amazing in many ways.

As a huge videogame fan in general, I find incredible that some people will buy/play/enjoy only 1 game on a system, but meh, its just about preferences i guess...

Anyway If I were you I would buy a PS4 because its the most powerful console and GT7 will come out sooner or later and I think it will be amazing in many ways.
*insert pessimistic comment about GT7 and PD's future here*

Lots of people buy an expensive console for one game. It's making exclusives look more and more desirable to console makers, so expect some more down the line. Buying both consoles would put you in a good position if are really that enthusiastic in gaming. Switching to the expensive Xbox One for one guys still seems kind of silly, but if your wallet doesn't hate you for it, go for it.

i have a question for everyone. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I have been a GT player since GT1 and now i am throwing around the idea of finally getting an Xbox one to play forza. So my question is: Do you guys think it's worth it to buy an Xbox just for Forza?

For me it depends whether you have a wheel or not. The reason for this is that a wheel so totally transforms your immersion in and enjoyment of GT that it is effectively a different game with one. So if you haven't got a wheel get one and forget Forza.

I'm a person who only plays one game on one console - first GT5 then GT6 - I've tried other racing games for the PS3, but didn't enjoy them. I have an Xbox 360 and Wii, but they are for the kids and in a different room. I can't get on with hand controllers - hands too big and clumsy so it would be pointless for me to buy car games for a console with which I needed to use a hand controller.

In my (admittedly limited) experience I have noticed two types of gamers amongst my friends - the shooters who play lots of games and often have multiple consoles and those like me who either can't play or don't enjoy shooting games who tend to play just one game.

It's worth getting a console for one game if you are going to play that one game often enough. I got the PS3 free, but when GT7 comes out I will have to think about buying a PS4 - whether to buy it or whether just to retire from gaming will depend on the cost and particularly the cost of any monthly subscription to play online. I suspect there are a lot of people who will stop playing if and when you have to pay to race online.

Personally I am still miffed that I can't use my Forza CSR Elite wheel on the XB1 but it now looks like I am going to take the plunge and pick up the Forza 6 bundle. I figure I'll also pick up a used copy of FM5 after the price drops and would think there is a good chance to get up to two more Forza releases before they move on to another console.

If only it had proper wheel support would make the decision much easier

Back