I need to turn the blue 'friend' lines off but keep the car ghost on.

  • Thread starter Thread starter numbnuts70
  • 16 comments
  • 2,276 views

I want a choice of turning blue lines off but keeping the Ghost car on.

  • Yes.

    Votes: 43 95.6%
  • No

    Votes: 2 4.4%

  • Total voters
    45
Messages
1,751
Wales
Old South Wales
Messages
numbnuts70
Hi all,

I know that you can press up on the D-pad to turn off the annoying blue lines but this turns the ghost car off and there isn't an option to turn the 'ghost' car back on whilst the blue lines are erased.

This must be something that PD could do easily, and quickly (maybe in the next update) and would really make a difference to my enjoyment of the GTA TTs.

Just a note to try and get some support for having the option of being able to have both on, both off or only 1 of them on while you're 'hot-lapping'.

Please feel free to post your opinion. 👍

Thanks for reading.:gtpflag:
 
I agree,

And in the meantime:
Once you are in the race menu, sign out from PSN, load your ghost as usual (if you use the ghost of a top ten time, you need to download it to your system first, and then load it from there.)
Start lapping, the lines will not be there but the ghost will.
When you get a new best lap, sign back in to PSN BEFORE you leave the track. The time will be recorded to the leaderboard as usual.


edit: look at Tidgney's video about this. ;)
 
Last edited:
I don't mind the lines as such (have voted yes though) its the names above the lines that get in the way :)
 
I know that you can press up on the D-pad to turn off the annoying blue lines but this turns the ghost car off and there isn't an option to turn the 'ghost' car back on whilst the blue lines are erased.
Unplug your console from the internet.
 
Tidgney had a video last year on his channel regarding this topic the solution is same as explained by @TRL_Andromeda
 
Unplug your console from the internet.

I'm running wireless so I'm not sure how to achieve this quick sign-out and it seems like so much faffing about when PD could update and put a selection option in.

Thanks to @TRL_Andromeda for the method. 👍
From what I can recall, the only way I can disconnect from PSN in wireless is to quit game, so that's a no-no. Physically turning the router off is the only other way around it but why should you have to resort to those measures?
 
I'm running wireless so I'm not sure how to achieve this quick sign-out
Turn the router off (or temporarily disable the wireless in the control panel)...
 
Turn the router off (or temporarily disable the wireless in the control panel)...

OK, just what I was gonna ask next, cheers. :cheers:

But my point is that it should be an option available to configure on the button of your choice.
 
But my point is that it should be an option available to configure on the button of your choice.
As with many things - however it's very unlikely that PD will issue up a patch for this in the next 7 weeks, so for the time being if you want the ghost on but the Blue Spaghetti Monster off...
 
I'm running wireless so I'm not sure how to achieve this quick sign-out and it seems like so much faffing about when PD could update and put a selection option in.

Thanks to @TRL_Andromeda for the method. 👍
From what I can recall, the only way I can disconnect from PSN in wireless is to quit game, so that's a no-no. Physically turning the router off is the only other way around it but why should you have to resort to those measures?


Still works.No need to unplug or switch anything off.
Thanks Tidgney!
 


Still works.No need to unplug or switch anything off.
Thanks Tidgney!


Thanks for posting :cheers:

To sign out of PSN, press the triangle to bring the option up.
 
I don't mind the lines as such (have voted yes though) its the names above the lines that get in the way :)

The names above the lines can be removed from the quick menu, it's the option that removes the driver's name above the car. 👍
 
^^
I was wrong about that, it doesn't work.
Works perfectly in online lobbies, but apparently not in online time trials... so, the names above blue lines cannot be removed.
Sorry for the misinformation.
 
I complained about this issue some time ago in the Seasonals, before I started using the G27. I don't recall any satisfactory answer at the time, it's good to see one now, although we should obviously not have to frig around so much just to turn the lines and names off.
My solution was to remove a number of people on my friend list who were often in front of me in races, which of course can completely block out corners. Unfortunately though, even friends I can usually get ahead of by the end of a race are often blocking my view in the early stages, they only need to be a foot in front to get their name and blue line up, I think.
Now that I'm using the wheel I am getting better times in the Seasonals and so get past most of my friends sooner than I did with the controller, (there are usually only 3 now who regularly beat me Cargo, Nowcontrol and Pmjg).
But the option should be there to remove them and I have voted YES to be able to do so.
 
I set up a new account rhodriedwilliams vs rhodriewilliams now I read this trick:banghead:
 
Went from a 2.07.134 to 2.06.3xx after deleting the blue lines and just following a ghost car.

Affords a much better view of the track and can't believe that there isn't an option to delete either lines and/or car.

The method will only work if you sign out before running any laps, if you try after doing a lap or 2, the blue lines will still be there - or at least it did with me.

Thanks again for posting @DOUQA :cheers:
 
Back