I noticed something last night (stealth cars/collector's edition)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ben78
  • 3 comments
  • 890 views
Messages
443
Canada
(Outaouais) Québec.
Messages
XxBen78xX
I have the collector's edition ("Proud owner" since nov 24th 2010...). I live in Quebec, Canada. Here, the vast majority speak french and a big bunch of us are bilingual. That's also why we have french and english instruction booklets with the game (Well, we should "thank" the Loi 101... polictics and all...). I pre-ordered my copy from EBGames (Gamestop) so I received a Camry (Nascar) and a stealth Mclaren as well as chromeline cars.

Thing is, it's bilingual, it says Stealth Mclaren on it (and there's a picture of both the F1 and Nascar), but inside, it says that it's a code for the Camry and the Mercedes stealth car. In France, it's of course in french, but unless you're retarded, France = Europe, Canada = North America.

What I wonder is, would a European code work too or it's basically a case of "it should have been printed differently" ? It's not like I care, but still.

My guess is that it's a mistake.

In case you are confused (I added, deleted paragraphs, edited...)

It clearly says on top, in english: "Download the McLaren F1 Stealth Model and the Gamestop NASCAR Car" and inside, in both english AND french, "Downloadable Custom 2010 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Stealth Model and the Gamestop Nascar Car".

And if people are wondering, the Chromeline code is valid from 11/2/10 - 12/31/13
 
It's probably a mistake like you said, I would go by what the spine of your game case says. Since you have the Gamestop Nascar your region 1 NTSC. Now it may let you redeem the code, but there is no way your going to see European DLC with an NTSC disc.
 
It's probably a mistake like you said, I would go by what the spine of your game case says. Since you have the Gamestop Nascar your region 1 NTSC. Now it may let you redeem the code, but there is no way your going to see European DLC with an NTSC disc.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

But here, everything that is translated comes from Europe, and sometimes, it's problematic. When I put my PS3 in french, there's times I don't understand clearly what "X", "Y" or "Z" is. For example, when I play GT5 in french, it's not HP and LBS (don't remember what it is in french (France). Sometimes, I wish it was Canadian french, but I guess were are not enough for them to even bother with it.

Even though I know kgs, I prefer pounds.

Still surprised I didn't realize that (McLaren/Mercedes) before last night !
 
If you really wanted to experiment with a European DLC code you can get one for free doing this. I don't think it's going to work on your game, but the part of the world your from seems like they make thier own rules who knows?

To prove your theory, what you would really need to test is a European SLS/Gamestop code, but they don't exist. :D
 
Back