I overtook a car before the race started...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Berserker26
  • 27 comments
  • 1,598 views
Messages
15
Hey all dunno if this has happened to anybody before - My Golf GTI overtook a car before we crossed the line to start the race....weird huh!
 
I've had it happen before, usually when your car is WAY faster than the opponents.
 
ive had it happen plenty a time.
if theres a rolling start and theres a turn, you may be able to turn better and easily pass them, i even started in 4th once!
 
It happens to me all the time... I take my Skyline to the Sunday Cup... and i start in 3rd... :D
 
I have also done it.
I used my AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car in 'Legends of the Silver Arrow' and I overtook a Mercedes 190 EVOII Evolution '91 at Opera Paris normal
 
So if you had something like an FGT racing in the Sunday Cup, could you actually go all the way to 1st before the race started? I don't have an FGT or any LMPs yet, so I can't try it myself.
 
I doubt there would be time to get into first place.

It also depends on the track, such as Opera Paris, with a turn just before the start line.

Cheers,

MasterGT
 
3-Wheel Drive
So if you had something like an FGT racing in the Sunday Cup, could you actually go all the way to 1st before the race started? I don't have an FGT or any LMPs yet, so I can't try it myself.

It's possible, but not likely. The cars stay line astern, braking if they have to, unless one moves off the line. This happens a lot at Opera Paris and Autumn Ring Reverse, because the cruise speed is 50mph and the last corner before the start-finish on those tracks cannot be taken at 50mph in some cars - they ping off the wall or run wide into the gravel respectively.

It's not really about how fast YOUR car is, but how bad the next car ahead is at cornering.
 
Famine
It's not really about how fast YOUR car is, but how bad the next car ahead is at cornering.

Little bit of both, maybe? Plus the layout of the track -- whether that first turn is near or far. I know that with certain car/event combinations, it will happen every time.

I think these combinations are worthy of collection. I can think of a few, but would like to verify them first .. :dunce:
 
Talking about starts, did you notice that when you have a real powerful car, it slams into walls and corners before the start...?
 
I remember a race I did on Autumn Ring (I think) where my car would always go into the sand before the race, putting me further behind than I should have been. Quite a tough race as well so it was annoying.
 
Happend to me when I felt like a little overkill in La Festa Italiano! (Pagani Zonda F vs. Alfa's, :lol:) On the beginning of the Autumn Ring Circuit, my Zonda passed one of the Alfa's and sent it into the dirt, very funny.
 
samj_13
Happend to me when I felt like a little overkill in La Festa Italiano! (Pagani Zonda F vs. Alfa's, :lol:) On the beginning of the Autumn Ring Circuit, my Zonda passed one of the Alfa's and sent it into the dirt, very funny.

NO ZondaF in GT4 the best we have was C12S7.3
 
Uncle Harry
Happens at Autumn Ring Reverse nearly every race.

It's especially funny how one of the AI cars always seems to run off into the sand trap, allowing you to pass.
 
i seem to pass a car before the race has started all the time round Opera Paris, in the hairpin before the start finish line
 
You can also pass before the race starts when they start to speed up close to the line, if the car in front of you is a few hundred horsepower lower, it will be passed. I know this by drifting in races with a high hp car just for fun.
 
GEMu
NO ZondaF in GT4 the best we have was C12S7.3

That's what I meant :dunce: I was thinking of the best Zonda and that just popped into my head :indiff:
 
In response to thread title:

That can happen and will happen drepending on race, track, and AI driving :lol: We ALL have passed a car or two before the race starts
 
i remember on nurburgring a fiat 500 was meant to start in 3rd but it couldn't climb the hill near the start of nurburgring and started in last
 
lthiele
i remember on nurburgring a fiat 500 was meant to start in 3rd but it couldn't climb the hill near the start of nurburgring and started in last

Fiat 500 = pwn3d :cool:
 
Poor Fait 500 :(
I like them and feel sorry for them when they come last.
 
samj_13
Fiat 500 = pwn3d :cool:

what the hell is pwn3d supposed to mean?

GeorgeMorley
Poor Fait 500 :(
I like them and feel sorry for them when they come last.

i like the fiat 500 too
 
i did a race last night with a toyota yaris against the fiat 500s and the honda life step van and they went down to 20km/hr in the 50km/hr part and i started in third
 
On what track did this happen?
 
Back