I saw it.

Messages
1,819
Messages
MikeyDLuffy
Messages
Never !!
I caught Saw on DVD last night and can say that this film is one of the most disturbing I have ever watched. Imagine waking up to find out your going to die unless you solve a puzzle or task. Some of the scenes left me shocked and oddly happy aswell noticing that the horror genre has a new angle to work from. Does anyone else think this is one of the most ****ed up movies ever?
 
demon of speed
I caught Saw on DVD last night and can say that this film is one of the most disturbing I have ever watched. Imagine waking up to find out your going to die unless you solve a puzzle or task. Some of the scenes left me shocked and oddly happy aswell noticing that the horror genre has a new angle to work from. Does anyone else think this is one of the most ****ed up movies ever?

Nope... Not by a long shot...



;)
 
how did you see it on dvd since it came out in theatres about a month ago i believe
 
It was a pirate version, good picture quality and sound aswell. 👍
 
In case you're like me and have not a friggen clue as to what is being discussed ...

When Adam is jolted back to consciousness after nearly drowning at the bottom of a decrepit bathtub, he awakes to find himself chained to a rusty pipe inside a dark torture chamber. There is someone else in the room. Dr. Lawrence Gordon has also just regained consciousness and is chained to the opposite side of the space. Between them a man is lying in a pool of blood after apparently shooting himself in the head with the pistol in his hand. Adam and Dr. Gordon piece together the clues left behind by the deranged criminal mind that has brought them together and finally realize that they, too, must make a seemingly impossible set of choices for their lives. So begins SAW, a thoroughly chilling and expertly crafted suspense thriller by James Wan.

SAW is an intricate tale about a deviously intelligent game executed by a criminal genius who is passionate to teach his victims the value of life. Each detail is important, but see if you can retain them in this landscape of indelible horror. Terrifying in tone and effect, SAW is a who-done-it-thriller with twists and turns that continuously outpace expectations. Prepare yourself; you won't sleep easily tonight.

Sounds good. I wouldn't watch it in the dark, though (:
 
It looks really freaking stupid. It got terrible reviews. I mean some of the worst reviews a movie can get. I heard nothing good about it from any angle - so I'm not going to see it.
 
I thought the film succeeded where many horror films have fallen. I'm not even a horror fan at all, but this one kept me intriged throughout. A fresh idea that could pave the way for more to follow.
 
I didnt think it was a bad movie theres only one part i dont like and cant say becuase it would spoil the ending.
 
danoff
It looks really freaking stupid. It got terrible reviews. I mean some of the worst reviews a movie can get. I heard nothing good about it from any angle - so I'm not going to see it.
I hope that was sarcasm, it got great reviews.
 
live4speed
I hope that was sarcasm, it got great reviews.

Agreed... Where exactly are you getting your info?...



;)
 
I saw lots of bad reviews like danoff said(just saw Ebert list it for "10 worst of 2004"), but somebody brought the movie up today at work, so I ended up going to see it for three bucks at the bargain movie theater.

There were parts of this movie, where I just couldn't believe how bad it was. Acting were pretty horrible too, almost laughable. After having said all that, it was very gripping, suspense was good and had an very creative plot.

For me, I guess the movie was made up of many pluses and minuses, but was definitely worth seeing(i.e. my three dollars).
 
I saw it in theatres, and it was minutely entertaining because of the violence and the premise. However, Cary Elwes trying to act with an American accent takes away from the film, as does the RIDICULOUS and totally foolish twist at the end. Anyone who's seen this movie and didn't at least quietly say to themselves "What the hell? Come ON!" when watching the end is lying.

Does no one remember the scene with poor Danny Glover chasing the bad guy back to his freaky apartment / loft near the end? The shots with him in the car using the "Poor Man's Process" of having him jerk and bounce around while sitting in a stationary car in order to simulate movement is so bad they should be ashamed they used it in the movie.

I saw this one shortly after The Grudge, which I thought to be a superior horror film by far.
 
All my freinds saw it and said it was terrible so thank god I never wasted my money.
 
I watched this last night and I thought this was an excellent movie. This is one of the first suspense / horror movies I have seen in a long time where I could not predict the end. If you like Seven or Bone collector then you should check this one out. 👍
 
Saw this a coupla weeks ago, i annoyingly missed it at the cinema. But this easily 1 of the, if not the best film of 2004. I didnt find it scray or disturbing & i think its unfair comparing it to se7en. This film had a budget of only $1 million!
Some of the acting could have dun with a bit of fine tuning, but otherwise it was great! good end twist which i didnt see coming!
 
555
I didnt find it scray or disturbing & i think its unfair comparing it to se7en. This film had a budget of only $1 million!

I didn't think it was the greatest movie I've ever seen or anything, but it's an huge accomplishment for $1 million budget. 👍
 
Back