I saw Minority Report last night.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Concept
  • 20 comments
  • 693 views

Concept

(Banned)
Messages
7,297
Minority Report in case you dont know is a movie starring Tom Cruise. The director was Steven Spielberg. Anyway, its a great movie and I would highly recommend you go see it. It is all set in the future too which makes the movie even cooler. Just make sure you dont sit next to some 11 year old who does not know how to shut up. :(
 
Gotta love that sweet Lexus in the movie!
 
I hate that... And they are too young to turn to and say shut the **** up! like i did to a group of pre pubecent pukes.
 
Great movie! I like how he's in the Lexus in the factory and he get's stuck in it while it's being put together, and then he get's into the driver's seat and drives away, that was funny and awsome.

Go see it!

P.S., I saw it up close and personal...the theatre was jammed with people and we had to sit in the front row about 5 ft from the screen, we watched via screen scan, we would look side to side across the screen to see everything cause we were way too close. Still great movie!
 
I want to see it but first I've got to see Scooby-Doo and MIIB
 
HA HA!! The lexus was sweet in that movie. It's a great move and I like the futurism.That 11 year old was my brother!!!! :lol:
 
I just saw this last night, and was surprised at how good the movie really was. Generally I don't like Tom Cruise, and I thought that Stephen Spielberg has lost his touch (especially after AI :mad: )
This had an excellent plot, a couple twists, action, well placed humor (which is rare in a movie) Everything moves along at a good pace, and I barely even noticed the movie was 2.5 hours long. Too bad I had to sit through 40 minutes of commercials and Previews before the movie began. If this commercial trend keeps going or goes any longer at the beginning of movies, it just might keep me out of the theatres altogether. :rolleyes:
 
I am shocked at all of the positive responses thus far. Sure, the pace was good. I thought it was the worst Spielberg movie I have seen to date (Really, I felt AI was far superior to this film in both sci fi story and in reality/logic). Also, expecting Tom Cruise to pick a decently written film as per usual, I was dissapointed (though I can see why he picked it). This film seemed to lack the overall philosophical struggle I had expected (guess you can't expect much from a movie for the masses). The theory was bland and the character connections were weak leading to no real instances for excellent acting.... the special effects sucked, basically... no ingenuity.. I'd better stop.
I found myself leaving the theater with a rather mundane feeling due to the lack of 'special' effects and the fallout from reason/logic which should surround the philosophical battle between faith/love and destiny.

"It's just my opinion, I could be wrong... (and incomplete)" :lol:
 
i liked this movie, but it wasn't as good as i had expected it to be...great idea though.
i loved their ships, reminded me of slave 1?

what happened to his son?
 
Originally posted by HUDSONJONES
i liked this movie, but it wasn't as good as i had expected it to be...great idea though.
i loved their ships, reminded me of slave 1?

what happened to his son?

SPOILERS coming...
If you mean why didn't they wrap that up, I can answer. that would have killed the movie IMO, as it was extraneous information that wouldn't have advanced the story. It also would have hurt the realism (which is a major issue when dealing in Sci-fi, as you already have to make the unbelievable seem like it could take place) Generally when someone is kidnapped, they are never seen again, and that's just what happened here.
They did give you the piece later in the movie with the pre-cog where she explore the alternate timeline, or told them what could have been...
 
'

One of the best sci-fi movies of our times; good adptation of the 'feel' from K.Dick's work; good effects blend; even cruise is baloney free in this; nice lexus; cerebral; worth two or three views; i,robot isn't Asimov but Minority is pure Dick.
 
Whoa, back from the dead.

I thought the film was ok, storyline confuses some people though.
 
Is this a new record? A thread bumped after almost four years?!?
 
Though I wasn't that impressed with this movie, it's fun to discuss old movies. I didn't really care for the direction or acting in this movie. Maybe Tom Cruise wasn't the right actor to star in this, at least that was my impression. It's somewhere between C - B grade for me.
 
whoa that was scary! jeez how old is this thread...

I actaully thought it was quite good...... but I felt it was rushed, it needed atleast another hour run time to make it better...

The Lexus in it is amazing but you see it literally for 10 seconds!

And his watch! that Brietling! I want one!

Storyline was good..... im amazed there wasnt a sequel...
 
Aaah, 2002. Good times.

Back when you could see Tom Cruise in a movie without having second thoughts about yourself being watching a brainwashed attention whore.
 
No foul... interesting topic, actually.

DeLoreanBrown
'

One of the best sci-fi movies of our times; good adptation of the 'feel' from K.Dick's work; good effects blend; even cruise is baloney free in this; nice lexus; cerebral; worth two or three views; i,robot isn't Asimov but Minority is pure Dick.

I-Robot was pure commercial trash. There's absolutely no Asimov in it, anywhere... not in the tone of the movie, not in the writing... nowhere.... saying I-Robot is based on Isaac Asimov's book because the Three Laws are in it is like saying Speed is based on Isaac Newton's work because the Law of Gravity is in it (though followed very loosely). :grumpy:

But since Isaac's work is being bastardized and commercialized right and left by whoever's holding the rights to his estate, I shouldn't be surprised.

I actually liked Minority Report... except for that awful arcade-style "jump the cars" scene. Is Philip K. Dick the most translated Sci-Fi author in existence (Blade Runner, Total Recall, Minority Report... etc etc ad nauseum)? If he isn't yet, he soon will be. I'm really looking forward to "A Scanner Darkly", as I've read the book, and enjoyed it a hell of a lot. As long as they don't change the story, I'm sold... despite the fact that Keanu Reeves is in it... sort of. :lol:

Carl.
Aaah, 2002. Good times.

Back when you could see Tom Cruise in a movie without having second thoughts about yourself being watching a brainwashed attention whore.

I've always thought he was... but at least he can't ruin a Spielberg... thank God. Now that he's reached Jacko levels of psychoticism, I'm not sure that's possible anymore.
 
Back