I SmellSomething Fishy

  • Thread starter Thread starter SunsetSailor
  • 19 comments
  • 1,424 views
Messages
186
Australia
Adelaide
Messages
Sun53t_S41l0r
Okay so i joined an online lobby earlier today where they were using vintage muscle cars at a maximum of 580pp.

I asked the host, "How the hell do you get a vintage muscle car up to 580pp??"
His reply pissed me off, "carefully... lol"
I then stated, "My mach 1 used to be 540pp. After that update, it dropped to 500pp! And that's fully-maxed & after an oil change!?"
To which he replied, "my mach 1 is 574pp"
Then another person chimed in with "same here"
at this point, i'd heard enough and it was clear to me that they were not going to be helpful, so i exlaimed, "I call BS!" and then left before i could get get kicked!?

This is only one example of my cars being inferior to other people's cars online, making me non-competitive. I've heard people say for example that the 458 Italia is 620pp fully-maxed. It's strange how mine fully-maxed is only 580pp...and the only reply these people can come up with is it's fully tuned!?

Sorry, but i don't care how good you are at tuning, there is no way we can have the exact same car, fully-tuned, and have a discrepency of up to 80pp!!

Either: Such people have illegally boosted their PS3s...
Sony is rpping me off with under-perfoming cars...
OR there is some trick that everyone is doing that nobody has told me about!

Please explain...
 
You need to break them in for them to reach those stats. Maximum Aero as well.
 
Last edited:
Pretty sure if people were hacking their muscle cars they'd give them more than 40PP :lol:

My Mach 1 with 32 km on the clock has 572PP
 
Last edited:
My fully broken in, fully modified Mach1 with max downforce is 576 PP
 
You need to break them in for them to reach those stats. Maximum Aero as well.

It's more than well run-in. It's done 1361:6 kms! I've even given the the engine an overhaul twice. It was one of the first cars i got. It has 474 HP with a torque of 78kgfm/4100rpm.
There is something lacking beyond aero, i'd say.
 
Pretty sure the Mach 1 gets more than 474hp.
 
It's more than well run-in. It's done 1361:6 kms! I've even given the the engine an overhaul twice. It was one of the first cars i got. It has 474 HP with a torque of 78kgfm/4100rpm.
There is something lacking beyond aero, i'd say.

Do you want me to send you my Mach 1 so you can see for yourself?

713 BHP at 572 PP is slightly more than the figures you're stating are the "maximum"

Again, mine isn't anywhere near broken in.

857083_613002782048838_646258684_o.jpg


(apologies for the glare, my room faces the west and the sun is setting. Time difference is due to me not thinking to take a second picture of the parts installed until afterwards)
 
Last edited:
Maybe it just needs an oil change.
 
Have you tried checking the engine limiter? I threw a fit trying to find out why my Speed 12 wasn't 1027HP.
Had it at 97%! I laughed hysterically.
 
It's more than well run-in. It's done 1361:6 kms! I've even given the the engine an overhaul twice. It was one of the first cars i got. It has 474 HP with a torque of 78kgfm/4100rpm.
There is something lacking beyond aero, i'd say.

You just haven't put the full mods on like Engine Stage 3, Supercharger, Weight reduction etc.
 
You just haven't put the full mods on like Engine Stage 3, Supercharger, Weight reduction etc.

Or he could have bought something and accidently not installed it. That could drive a guy nuts too.
 
Have you tried checking the engine limiter? I threw a fit trying to find out why my Speed 12 wasn't 1027HP.
Had it at 97%! I laughed hysterically.

Man, I hate when I do this! I try to make a habit of always setting it back to 100% after I'm done using a car.
 
Dont do engine overhaul or oil change too much. You gain a few hp to pp when you dont oil change an UCD car unless the car is under 1000 km.
 
You just haven't put the full mods on like Engine Stage 3, Supercharger, Weight reduction etc.

You're absolutely right!
Given you can buy all (most, as it turns out) the parts while in the car's settings, i'd never bothered to enter the tuning shop. I assumed that whatever you couldn't buy from settings, was simply unavailable for that car.

Thank you. Hopefully, i can stop feeling like a goose soon!? :blush:
 
You cannot buy any of the PERMANENT upgrades for a car directly from the tuning screen, you can only buy removable upgrades from there. For the weight reduction, chassis reinforcement, and engine tuning upgrades you must go to the tuning shop.
 
You cannot buy any of the PERMANENT upgrades for a car directly from the tuning screen, you can only buy removable upgrades from there. For the weight reduction, chassis reinforcement, and engine tuning upgrades you must go to the tuning shop.

To prevent purchase while playing online and quitting the game to prevent the save...I'm sure. It's OT but why are they permanent anyway? I've seen a chopped-top hot rod Ford get restored to original dimensions.
 
Because in real life, it would be easier to just buy a new one instead of reverting the old one back to stock conditions? If I have a Celica (or whatever) that has been gutted & stripped and had a roll cage installed and had the engine stroked, ported & polished, and balanced, I'm probably not going to try to undo all of that to get a stock spec Celica, I'd probably just go and buy a new one as it would be faster, easier, and most likely cheaper.
 
Because in real life, it would be easier to just buy a new one instead of reverting the old one back to stock conditions? If I have a Celica (or whatever) that has been gutted & stripped and had a roll cage installed and had the engine stroked, ported & polished, and balanced, I'm probably not going to try to undo all of that to get a stock spec Celica, I'd probably just go and buy a new one as it would be faster, easier, and most likely cheaper.

In real life, a great many things about performance tuning would be very different. One of the great things about doing this virtually is that you don't need to worry about real-life complications and there is nothing preventing you undoing things that would be prohibitively difficult and expensive if not impossible to undo in real life -- except the game not allowing you to do so.

Once upon a time the GT series let you undo most if not all changes. No specific reason seems to be known why it no longer does. It's not something of huge importance, but allowing removal of these upgrades along with adding a few more slots for saving car setups could go a long way towards eliminating the need for endless money-grinding (and garage/item list management).
 
Okay so i joined an online lobby earlier today where they were using vintage muscle cars at a maximum of 580pp.

I asked the host, "How the hell do you get a vintage muscle car up to 580pp??"
His reply pissed me off, "carefully... lol"
I then stated, "My mach 1 used to be 540pp. After that update, it dropped to 500pp! And that's fully-maxed & after an oil change!?"
To which he replied, "my mach 1 is 574pp"
Then another person chimed in with "same here"
at this point, i'd heard enough and it was clear to me that they were not going to be helpful, so i exlaimed, "I call BS!" and then left before i could get get kicked!?

This is only one example of my cars being inferior to other people's cars online, making me non-competitive. I've heard people say for example that the 458 Italia is 620pp fully-maxed. It's strange how mine fully-maxed is only 580pp...and the only reply these people can come up with is it's fully tuned!?

Sorry, but i don't care how good you are at tuning, there is no way we can have the exact same car, fully-tuned, and have a discrepency of up to 80pp!!

Either: Such people have illegally boosted their PS3s...
Sony is rpping me off with under-perfoming cars...
OR there is some trick that everyone is doing that nobody has told me about!

Please explain...

You should double check that your car is fully modded.
 
Back