I swear I've just found the most fun race in GT5!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hig-GT
  • 15 comments
  • 3,510 views
Messages
1,096
Messages
Higz7
Track - Nurburgring Nordschleiffe
Car - TVR Speed 6 RM
Expert Series - All Star Event

But make sure the Mazda 787B is in that race, then try and win it, I was actually impressed by the AI in this race for once, it actually tried to overtake me.

I managed to stay in first all the way up to the beginning of the last straight, whilst blocking the 787 I got spun out and then came fifth lol!

Anywho, I hope the rest of you have fun with that race :)
 
You mean Tuscan RM? I thought the speed 6 was a standard model.
 
The AI are ruthless in the Nurburgring. Unless you dont stay agressive and defensive you'll end up in the wall. Wait until you get to the DTM car races, I forgot what it is called, but they have the ring on there too. I'll get back to you on that name. ehehe
 
God you picky sod :P

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM


I've done the DTM, done everything up to endurance :P Just thought this happened to be quite fun considering last time I raced it.
 
Yeah I found the all star event to be one of the best in A-Spec, I forget what I used for it but it was a good time regardless.
 
I've found most of the events can be fun and challenging if you drive a lesser car and drive conservatively from the start into the first turn. If you overtake everyone in the first turn, thus disregarding normal racing practices, of course it will be quite easy to win. The game changes when you use skill instead of aggression to overtake.
 
Its one of those races where you can be faster in some areas but you will definately be slower in others, if you push like mad then you pull out enough time to be a little safer in the places you are slower, just that back straight that is the hard one, winning that race with that car would be ridiculously rewarding! :P
 
Any race in the Speed 6 RM is amazing, I love that car. I'm going to try this later on, thanks for the tip!
 
I used the minolta on this race, it was a handful, I remember I had to bomb across the grass at the end of the long straight to take first

I loved the historic car cup with the countach though
 
What's peculiar about the Speed 6 (in a good way) is it's handling characteristics. I find it very forgiving going around corners. The first time I drove the non-RM version for the seasonal events (I wasn't familiar with this car before), I was thinking to myself, this has got to be a FF drive vehicle in that I could basically point the car in the direction I wanted it to travel and that's where it would go, as opposed having to waiting for the back end to straighten out before applying the throttle. I was quite surprised to discover it's in fact FR afterwards.

I think it looks kind of ugly, to be honest, but I liked its handling so much I bought two and RM'ed one of them.
 
Last edited:
Just drove it online for the first time and, well, it understeers like mad for some reason. Softened the front and it still wants to go straight on, but hey, still won my race lol.
 
Just drove it online for the first time and, well, it understeers like mad for some reason. Softened the front and it still wants to go straight on, but hey, still won my race lol.

It has something to do with the tyres being cold. In (most?) offline races, and time trails, your tyres get to the right temperature quickly. If you are racing online though, the tyres will take much longer to heat up, and they might also get too hot faster..

I don't own the Speed 6 myself, but I might give it a try 👍
 
I'm not sure if that was the case tbh, but if it is, it'd be nice if we could have half a lap warm up or something like that. However, my brake bias is to the front so I'd of thought the tyres would warm up anyway, plus with the wheel I've just got I scrub the tyres a bit more than usual ... Don't know lol
 
That's a tough race. I wish it had a better purse than some of the other easier races, but I had the same outcome in the Viper Team Oreca, 1 tiny mistake and you are toast
 
The Tuscan RM handles like its on rails. Freakin amazing car. the Tamora is actually my favorite even though its not quite as good though. I just think its a much nicer car.
 
Back