I take back everything....

  • Thread starter Thread starter Drakey
  • 12 comments
  • 1,850 views
Messages
23
Messages
Drakey0811
....thanks to this forum I have managed to save myself from launching my steering wheel (including small table) through the television in fits of rage as I found myself struggling as I progressed slowly through GT.

I had been waiting, as others, for ages for this to be released...and being a car driving game fan I had been filling the time with Dirt, Grid, Ferrari Challenge etc.
GT is leagues above these and therefore requires a different style of driving when playing, in otherwords - the `correct` style of driving. I was getting frustraited as I wasn`t able to Gold many licences, struggled with the rally especially.
It`s been great to look on here and get tips from others and watch clips of tracks and how best to attack them, I`m now starting to change my bronze into mostly silver with increasing numbers of gold and having a much better `feel` for the game. (sorry simulator :))

So thanks one and all.....I`m a million miles of mastering this but have many more miles of GT5 ahead of me.

(ps - when sending a car to a friend, where will it be shown on his page ...ta)

Mods etc.....hope this isn`t seen as a worthless thread, just wanted to view my thoughts on a great game and Forum.
 
Glad we could help, and glad you're enjoying the game.
 
(ps - when sending a car to a friend, where will it be shown on his page ...ta)

Mods etc.....hope this isn`t seen as a worthless thread, just wanted to view my thoughts on a great game and Forum.

under:
community/gift
 
Thanks Toothache, I`ll have a look.
 
I dont think GT 5 is miles ahead of Ferrari challenge in the physics department.

FC and SCC are two pretty good games in my book. Unfortunetly they have poor design in menu system, and not much feel of having a carreer when playing the singleplayer. but when it comes to the physics they are both outstanding.
 
FC and SCC are leagues above GT IMO.
 
FC and SCC are leagues above GT IMO.

Since we are doing IMOs, FC and SCC were good but not better than GT5. With gt5 i can feel the weight transfer on corners, i could not say that with FC and SCC.

In rally challenges, watch the demo videos with an in-car cam, see how to take corners. It's not always about drifting madly around corners, it's about car control and appropriate speed. I think it takes more patience and control to master the rally challenges.
 
Since we are doing IMOs, FC and SCC were good but not better than GT5. With gt5 i can feel the weight transfer on corners, i could not say that with FC and SCC.

In rally challenges, watch the demo videos with an in-car cam, see how to take corners. It's not always about drifting madly around corners, it's about car control and appropriate speed. I think it takes more patience and control to master the rally challenges.

Supercar's dont really have weight transfer between stiff suspensions and sway bars.
 
Supercar's dont really have weight transfer between stiff suspensions and sway bars.

I think you're talking about body roll. Even F1 cars have weight transfer.
 
Supercar's dont really have weight transfer between stiff suspensions and sway bars.
That's one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on this forum.
 
Aye, weight transfer always occurs, it is only the rate at which it happens and the magnitude of suspension geometry change that alters when you stiffen everything up ... ooh er nurse :D.
 
Haven't played FC or SCC so I can't compare, but GT5 and even prologue are both right up there in the physics department as far as I'm concerned. I used to use GT5:P to practice on before doing rFactor tournaments, so that was proof enough for me that it is pretty good.
 
Back