I think I've figured out why Cape Ring is called Cape Ring

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smart_Roadster
  • 19 comments
  • 1,997 views
Messages
532
Excuse the lengthy title. Anyway, if you put Cape Ring as one word, it becomes capering, which could suggest that PD were capering when they came up with the track. Just a thought. Any other ideas?

By the way, if this is in the wrong sub-forum, feel free to move it.
 
Last edited:
Go back to sleep LOL
 
No, you haven't "figured it out," you've made it up. 💡
 
It's because of the jump where you fly like Superman aka a cape....
 
Well if you want to know why "Cape Ring" is called "Cape Ring", It is because it is a Cape.
Witch is "A geographical landform adjacent to water on three sides." And well for the ring part of it, I think you can figure that part out.
 
moondaddy79
Well if you want to know why "Cape Ring" is called "Cape Ring", It is because it is a Cape.
Witch is "A geographical landform adjacent to water on three sides." And well for the ring part of it, I think you can figure that part out.

Lol knowledge pwned
 
Witch -> which.

Grammar pwnd.
 
I had thought it was to do with the 'ring complex', comprising Complex ring, High speed ring and maybe Autumn ring and Midfield as there is water adjacent to these circuits.
 
If it can be of any help, the track is apparently located on the Izu peninsula (Japan). The mountain you can see in the background on the northern part of the circuit is Mt.Fuji.
 
The OP is the perfect reason that sony needs to get psn back online :)
 
Yeah OK I get it I made a grammar mistake, I get it. My wife was yelling at me at the time. LOL.
 
Excuse the lengthy title. Anyway, if you put Cape Ring as one word, it becomes capering, which could suggest that PD were having a bit of a caper when they came up with the track. Just a thought. Any other ideas?

By the way, if this is in the wrong sub-forum, feel free to move it.

Look in the phone book for Therapist. That's THERAPIST, not THE RAPIST...
 
TenEightyOne
Look in the phone book for Therapist. That's THERAPIST, not THE RAPIST...

Hahahahahaha!
I don't think they list rapist's in the phone book though?
 
I presumed it was a made up course, in fact until i saw the nurburgring in the game I assumed they were all made up!
 
I thought this track was situated in Cape city. Wouldn't that be possible?
 
Why, doesn't this location feel more familiar?

FnOeP.jpg


Of course, what is in GT is loosely based on that.

Coordinates: lat 85.00; lon 138.82
 
Why, doesn't this location feel more familiar?

Of course, what is in GT is loosely based on that.

Coordinates: lat 85.00; lon 138.82

Seriously? I think every race-gamer from Pole Position onwards recognises that :D

EDIT: The coordinates are actually 35/138...
 
Back