I think my PS3 is doomed, please help

• Thread starter Dbo129
  • 2 comments
GTP_Dbo129
no need for an Xbox360
First off I tried to find an issue like mine in your thread search, no luck. Ok, I currently have the BD/DVD drive out of the system (60GB). Its getting fixed. However, when I try to play games on my hard drive the machine acts like it wants to load but all I get is a black screen. I can't even hit the PS button to shut the machine down, it just goes black...thats it. I backed up all I wanted to save to a 2GB zip drive and I reformated the HDD, still no luck. It does the same thing, I select a game, the screen flickers a tiny bit...and nothing. I can surf the internet, sign in to the network, but I can't load games from the HDD. Was it a bad idea to use the machine without the BD/DVD drive in it? If anyone has any ideas or if you know whats up can you please let me know. Thank you ahead of time and happy gaming!!

P.S. It did work without the BD/DVD drive in it, but not for long.

What games?

Are they games downloaded from the PSN Store or ones you installed. If it's the latter they need the disc to work.

It's battlefield 1943 and I bought it from the PSN. I'm on the PS3 now. I just got done restoring "FILE SYSTEM" like five times. Each time it has told me that my files are corrupted on my HDD. I've restored everything I could. I don't know what else to do other than ditching the 60GB and purchasing a new slim. I have a possible buyer who will give me 120usd for this machine. I would love to keep this machine, however I have no computer repair skills and I know I can replace the BD/DVD drive, but I won't go that route if my HDD is beyond repair. Or my mother board is history.

Back